:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I wonder: do they feel like they NEED to offer forged irons/wedges in order to stay competitive? Are they feeling pressure from other OEM's or do they have customers asking why they don't have anything forged?

Ping is nothing if not traditional ... hopefully they're not straying from that, but I do understand the need to remain aggressive in this market.

Will be curious how these compare to their cast offerings.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I was trying like hell to post the hyperventilating Sheldon Cooper meme before you posted, saying "A live look at Shankster" but ran into technical difficulty.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Very cool. I love how they mention PING's reliable product cycles. The integrity they carry with their business practices is one big reason their clubs are in my bag.

I would put their engineering / R&D against anyone and would expect these to be top notch.

Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I wonder: do they feel like they NEED to offer forged irons/wedges in order to stay competitive? Are they feeling pressure from other OEM's or do they have customers asking why they don't have anything forged?

Ping is nothing if not traditional ... hopefully they're not straying from that, but I do understand the need to remain aggressive in this market.

Will be curious how these compare to their cast offerings.

Every time someone puts PING in a category with players blades (718mb / MP18 / 730 / Callaway Forged MB) the first thing we always hear is yeah, well they're cast, they aren't true blades. This is their way of turning the tables on the skeptics.

If these are half as good as they look, they'll turn some opinions as well as heads.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I was trying like hell to post the hyperventilating Sheldon Cooper meme before you posted, saying "A live look at Shankster" but ran into technical difficulty.

If anyone finds my meme offensive I will gladly remove it. But that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw that beautiful club. Plus his glasses match the clubs.

oh wow...didn't take long for this to diverge into a forged vs. cast debate.  :lol:

I thought this was settled long ago.... HELP @GolfSpy_X !!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

I will definitely be following this very closely, especially since I'm looking to get into some new/better wedges soon. I've read & heard a bit about PING's one and only forged irons (Ansers I believe) in the past that were apparently very expensive to make & market and ultimately didn't sell very well at the time. I understand that PING stated not long after they stopped making those that the forging process was simply too expensive. Perhaps that has changed, but I suspect this time around this may be more of a "keeping up with the Joneses" thing...I hope I'm wrong.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I think everybody is going to be asking the same thing... Do they really need to go forged? They have done such an amazing job with cast clubs. I have hit every PING iron over the last 10 years and their S series always has felt so pure. Maybe they feel like they are missing a piece of the market? They did do the Anser Forged Irons a few years back and those were a hit

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I love the iBlades, but make them FORGED?! The feel was the worst part about them, so this could be unreal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Very exciting to see. I love the simple look that ping has been going for in their irons recently. Makes them very classic and smart looking!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Forged is nothing more than a marketing tool now. Companies have the ability to make cast clubs that sound/feel like a forged iron. Ping iblade is a prime example.

100% I bet they could just stamp forged on the current iBlade and no one would even know the difference.

I'm a big ping guy, but these are pretty boring looking. Doesn't really look like they designed any tech into these at all. I get that they are "tour' irons, but even the pros look for tech advantages. I do like that they are jumping back into the forged game though, I think they gave up on the forged anser line too soon and should have evolved it. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

If I were a shoe salesman and I said “these are the softest running shoes, they're grain flow foam” you would automatically think, wow these must be soft. Now if I was a competitor shoe maker and said my “non grain flow foam is soft” you'd probably automatically think they'd be harder.

Talk about a clean look.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

The article mentioned there is a chance the forged wedges will not replace the Glide 2.0 wedges.  I wonder if they will have an iBlade and the new forged irons.  It seems like the iBlade will be slightly more forgiving because of the material removed behind the face.  I personally like the Glide wedges because they look like a traditional wedge but with just a little extra "help".  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

I bet these are going to be an in addition to offering. That way they can offer forged or cast clubs dependent on what a customer desires. I have not gamed Ping irons in the past due to their feel being too hard for my tastes. If they get into the forged club space with their tech/R&D I will definitely consider them.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

See Hogan, that is how you do a milling pattern on the back of a wedge.

jlukes is right. You couldn't tell the difference between a forged and cast club of the same shape/design. The myth of forged clubs started way back in the day when they had to use a different steel for casting which did produce an unpleasant sound and feel. Nowadays, they are the same.

(says the guy who plays forged irons)

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Ping R&D: Hey you know what was a stupid iron design? Cleveland VAS! What a joke!!

cleveland-792-vas-single-iron-8-steel-shaft-uniflex-men-right-handed_23110081.jpeg

Wait...what if we bummed that hosel design and turned it into a forged blade?!

ping-forged-tour-2-e1527861918888.jpg

Done and done!

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

When Ping did the first Forged Anser irons the rumor mill said it was only because of the overseas market and Japan specifically. There was (and perhaps still is) the belief that a Japanese businessman buys and carries golf clubs as a status symbol, almost like a high level briefcase, and they believe forged irons to be the only clubs worthy of showcasing their status. I don't know if any of that was true or not but it was certainly true at the time that Ping's Asia numbers were garbage for a company with major PGA Tour representation. I got out of the business about that same time so never really learned what happened with Anser or how well it served that specific purpose. Made for an interesting storyline anyway. Wonder if there is a similar purpose behind these or if this is geared 100% to the US market.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I remember a time when Ping were probably #1 for innovation in their products, but nowadays they seem to be following the trends of others and simply matching other OEM's portfolios in an attempt to gain a market share. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Ping clubs but I think the original zeitgeist has been somewhat lost if the original pioneers of investment cast irons (and putters) feel the need to add a forged blade to their range.

I guess it just goes to show that the word "forged" sells - in that I've yet to see any club with "cast" proudly emblazoned on it's exterior to enhance sales. There certainly was a time when the word "Ping" was good enough.

The forged vs cast thing goes into my other hobby although I haven't played in a while.

Horseshoes, when competing I had to have forged shoes. They were softer than the stake, so they would absorb some shock, (sounded) better too. Hard casted horseshoes bound off the stake and broke a lot. But that was metal hitting metal. Not metal hitting something much softer.

Archived