Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Hogan Equalizer Wedges

hckymeyer

Great start guys and a special thanks to our two sailors from a former Navy Dad - my son served 81/2 years as an MM primarily on a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah great intros! Thanks guys and .. WOW! .. I think these are pretty sharp-looking pieces of golfing hardware!

Question for any of the testers:

Between the three lofts are there differences in the thickness of the top portion of the clubs?

For example - is the 52 thicker on top (ie. higher CoG) vs the 60.

Thx

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Wow, you guys killed the stage 1's. I can't wait to see what stage 2 looks like.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Yeah great intros! Thanks guys and .. WOW! .. I think these are pretty sharp-looking pieces of golfing hardware!

Question for any of the testers:

Between the three lofts are there differences in the thickness of the top portion of the clubs?

For example - is the 52 thicker on top (ie. higher CoG) vs the 60.

Thx

Absolutely no difference in thickness on the top line between the 52, 56, and 60.

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

First, I want to send out a big thank you to My Golf Spy and Ben Hogan Golf for allowing me to test these beautiful golf clubs. I look forward to providing the MGS community with an honest and thorough test. I am an Electronics Technician in the US Navy, been enlisted for just shy of 17 years. I am married and have 6 wonderfully wild children ages 11, 7, 6, 4, and twin 2 year old boys.

attachicon.gif29684232_2115249918515649_9065940768027665296_n.jpg

attachicon.gif29351845_2115259205181387_694002046806493332_o.jpg

The picture above is my awesome wife Lisa and I, then one with me and the kids on our road trip to Jacksonville. From left to right, Beckham, Briggs, Collins, Colston, Locklin, and Laiden. By the way, yes a 5 hour trip can take 8 hours.

attachicon.gif29571006_2115248911849083_1761445570362539653_n.jpg

The last one is of our family dog, Kiser. My family life is really amazing, and I have a master plan to get on the golf course more often. I have just signed my 7 year old daughter and 6 year old son up for The First Tee Program. Looks like I will be on the course more and more as the years go by. We just moved to Jacksonville so there are many amazing courses here that I will be playing on during my 2 year tour here.

My Golf Journey

I started playing golf when I was around 16 with my dad and younger brother. So I have been playing for about 25 years off and on. Last year, I got really serious about golf and finally got fitted for Ping irons and took a few lessons. My game finally started to trend down from my normal bogey golf to a 7.9 handicap. I really started playing good confident golf. I could shoot around 83 on any course I played during that time. I joined My Golf Spy around that time as well and became active in the forums. My Golf Spy has really changed my golf life and really opened my eyes to all things golf. The last half of 2017 didn't include a lot of golf due to some personal issues I went through later that year. Around March or so of this year, I decided to start playing again. I am currently playing at an 11.3 handicap. The main thing that I love about golf is the peace and quiet. Trust me when you have a big family like I do you can't wait for a few hours of peace and quiet. I also love the technology and would love to be employed in the golf industry when I retire from the military. My current bag is definitely influenced by the content and forums at MGS.

Geeking WITB

attachicon.gif20180528_172233.jpg

attachicon.gif20180528_172241.jpg

Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite (Thanks MGS for helping me pick this one!) I wanted a bag that I could use while walking that also was fully functional and would last many seasons. I have made it a point to walk instead of ride this year.

Ball: Last year I played the Vice Pro Plus Neon Red (can't lose the ball in that color) but this year I have played the Chrome Soft X and recently began testing the Snell MTB Black and Red. I felt that I was having trouble compressing the Pro Plus and am confused because now when I do the ball selector on their website it says I need the Vice Pro. I don't get it but maybe they tweaked their selector.

Driver: 2017 Taylormade M1 set to neutral and 9.5 degrees with an Aldila Rogue Silver stiff shaft, I just added it to the bag this year and increased my driving distance 25 yards versus my old Nike Ignite 460. I got it used from Edwin Watts and it was tested on the launch monitor there...for some reason this just fits me.

Fairway Wood: Callaway XR16 5 wood with Project X 6.0 stiff flex, I just bought this year and fitted at Edwin Watts.

Hybrid: Taylormade M2 3 hybrid with Reax stiff shaft, again bought this year and fit at Edwin Watts.

Irons: Ping I200 red dot 5-UW with AWT 2.0 shafts, I was fit for these irons last year at AC Read Golf Course in Pensacola Florida by a Ping fitter.

Wedges: 54 and 58 degree black dot Ping Glide wedges, I just rounded out my set with these two wedges purchased off of eBay. These really turned out to be a great purchase and my wedge game is probably the strength of my game.

Putter: I currently use a Ping Sigma G Darby putter. I tried the Darby at PGA superstore and literally was making them from across the room so figured I would try it. I also have purchased a Kevin Burns 9303SN, a Ping Anser Scottsdale TR, and a Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom 2 center shafted. Oh and just bought the Tommy Armour Impact 3 too.

I average 2 putts on every hole so this is probably the weakest part of my game. I am really going to focus on wedge play and putting this year. I need to get closer to the hole on my approach shots and thus get more 1 putts. The wedges are the strongest part of my game at the moment, but I have noticed some trends thanks to shot tracking with Skycaddie Linkx GT watch and tags. I have a tendency to miss left and the feel and control is somewhat lacking. I try to have a smooth swing tempo opting for control over distance. If I have a 100 yard shot I am pulling my 54 degree Ping Glide wedge and opting for a bit smoother tempo since I normally max out at 105 with that club. I hit my 58 degree about 80 with a full swing. The reason I say it is the strength of my game is because I really have gotten to a point where I can do ¾ or ½ wedge shots with each club giving me various consistent yardages. I am usually within 20 feet with either wedge so I try to play golf to my strengths which means I am trying to get within wedge distance off of every tee. About 90% of the time I lay up on Par 5s...I know it isn't exciting, but my scores are better when I lay up to inside 100 yards. I have tried to bring the trajectory down to get better control, but nothing has worked. The specific benefit of the Ping Glide wedges are their forgiveness, but since they are cast I have a difficult feeling exactly where my strike point is on the club face. My current wedge play is all about tempo and swing length.

I am very selective on which tests I apply for because I want the test to benefit my game and I want the test to line up with what I am working on that year. I desperately wanted to try Ben Hogan wedges, because they are supposed to provide great feel and feedback thanks to the forging and 1025 carbon steel. As I was reading about the benefits, I knew these wedges had to be at the top of my wedge list because I have trouble with ballooning shots and trajectory control all of which have been addressed by Ben Hogan engineers in the Equalizer wedges. The Equalizer wedges feature a specifically designed Center of Mass that is moved around in the club head depending on the loft of the wedge which should help with trajectory control. I read and reread about them over and over after I found out about the testing opportunity. I truthfully watched the video about the Equalizer wedges between 75-100 times. Ben Hogan was an amazing wedge player and I would love to gain confidence and control on those vital scoring shots. I can't wait to share with my fellow spies about the results and of course why I chose the specifics of the clubs, shaft choice and lie angle. Stay tuned for Stage 2 and more information on the picture below.

attachicon.gif20180529_160700.jpg

Like Ben Hogan

I wish I could swing like Mr. Hogan. I mean we both are 5'9 and probably about the same weight. His swing is magnificent and of course I own his book. When I applied to test the wedges, I felt like I would get selected. I don't know what it was, but I feel like it was supposed to happen. I found out after a round of golf that I was selected and the wild thing is that while at the driving range before my round look what I found….

attachicon.gif20180509_155052.jpg

Was Mr. Hogan sending me a pre round message. Yes I kept the ball for good luck it's in my bag right now. Feel free to send me your questions in preparation for my Stage 2. I will be testing in every conceivable situation (no seriously I made a list), but if there is something you would like to know don't hesitate. I am super excited about this opportunity and I want to thank My Golf Spy and Ben Hogan Golf for this amazing opportunity.

If that ain't a true sign from Ben Hogan, I don't know what is! Haha great stage 1 write up, and thank you for your service. It's pretty tough to fit golf into life when you've got 6 younglings to also care for, so mad props. Can't wait for stage 2!

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Without compromising your stage twos, how is the testing going? is anyone shocked with how well/badly it is going?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Absolutely no difference in thickness on the top line between the 52, 56, and 60.

He answered it perfectly not an ounce of difference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thx for that info. Wasn't sure from looking at the pics and was just curious... Looking forward to all the Stage 2 reviews!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Without compromising your stage twos, how is the testing going? is anyone shocked with how well/badly it is going?

It's going very well so far. I was worried at first but now I am impressed

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

First and foremost I'd like to thank the Ben Hogan company and My Golf Spy for this opportunity. I know most reviews start this way, but it's true for myself and others that this phenomenal opportunity wouldn't happen without them. MGS is a great place and I'm glad that I found it.

attachicon.gifme.jpg

Well done partner and we're glad you found it too!  Looking forward to Stage 2

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Better late than never. Right GolfJunkie?

attachicon.gifIMG_8397.PNG

https://twitter.com/bhgolfequipment/status/1011938308321050624?s=21

That's a very clever ad if you asked me. One of the best I've seen for lefties.

About time they showed some love for the lefties!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

This is very exciting to be able to review an iconic brand and their new entry into to world of wedges. First I want to thank MGS and Ben Hogan for giving us all this opportunity. I have had the opportunity to review other Hogan products and they did not disappoint. Before we get into the good stuff I would like to tell you a little about myself. What better way to start then a quick WITB that I know all real Spies want to see

attachicon.gifIMG_3640.JPG

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5 Set to 7.9 with a Speeder Pro 73X tipped 1.5” playing 44.25”

3 Wood: Ping G400 13.5 with Accra FX370 M5 tipped 1.25” plays 42.75”

Irons: Cobra King Pro Satin 3-P in 4* loft increments and Modus 130X shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 50,54,60 with Modus 130X/S shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Buttonback custom deep milled and gold finish with a P2 Aware Tour grip at 34.5”

So first off let me tell you a little bit about me and my game. I am a scratch golfer and I play 6-8 times per month and also practice 2-3 days per week. I play all types of courses in the San Diego area. I played one year of college golf before deciding that college just wasn't for me. I tried some small mini tours and did well until I got injured. Now I play competitive golf now on the Veterans Golf Association Tour as well as SCGA events. I am currently prepping to try out for the All Navy Golf Team Tryouts in mid-July.

attachicon.gifImage1528170723.915578.jpg

Wedges are very important to my game and play a large part into my scoring. I hit the ball very long and usually have wedges into most Par 4's. I struggle around the greens with touch and nerves. I tend to hit shots fat or thin more often than I hit then solid. My scores rely on good wedge play. Although with lots of practice over the last couple months my chipping has dramatically improved.

attachicon.gifIMG_3641.JPG

Now let's talk about the iconic brand that is the Ben Hogan Company. I have always had an affinity for the brand. I played Hogan Apex blades in High School and loved that classic looks and great forged feel. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a set of prototype Hogan FTX irons which were one of the first combo iron sets. When the Hogan Company started to decline it put a hole in my heart. It hurt me to see a company that was classic and timeless like the companies name sake fall out of the market. When the returned a few years ago I was lucky enough to be selected to test the Hogan VKTR hybrid and I was again impressed with the clean look and solid feel. I briefly played the Hogan FT Worth irons early this year while I was waiting for my new irons to arrive and had I not had a custom fitted and ordered irons arriving they would have stayed in the bag.

When the opportunity to test these new Equalizer wedges arose I was very excited. And then when I found out that I had been selected I was giddy like a school girl on the inside. I don't apply to test everything that MGS has I only test the things I actually think I would use and that fit my skill levels. When they arrived at my house I was so excited.

attachicon.gifImage1528170810.125677.jpg

When I got home I cut that box open so fast I almost forgot to take pics.

attachicon.gifImage1528170835.746243.jpg

Lets just take this easy to start and talk about hoe great these look. The have a classic shape and design with just a little modern touch.

attachicon.gifImage1528170858.846556.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1528170879.554329.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1528170899.109805.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1528170918.498505.jpg

attachicon.gifImage1528170929.855534.jpg

KC what a great job in your intro/stage 1 post!   I envy you guys who have great golf games and can make those wedges put magic action on the ball.  Looking forward to your stage 2!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

KC what a great job in your intro/stage 1 post! I envy you guys who have great golf games and can make those wedges put magic action on the ball. Looking forward to your stage 2!

Thank you this has been a very fun review.

Snell MTB-X

• 2 weeks later...

My initial cut at Stage 2 is up for your reading pleasure!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

My initial cut at Stage 2 is up for your reading pleasure!

That is a ton of 1-putts..

So are you kind of just missing the greens a lot with your second shot, and then using the laser beams, errr, the Hogan's, to cozy up tight for a bunch of kick ins, or are you an extraordinary putter draining 10 to 20 footers all day?

Must have an Evnroll eh? Hehe

But, something fantastic is going on there with those wedges. How old were your old wedges?

On your chipping test from 40, did you hit all 10 with old wedges first, then immediately throw 10 with the new wedge? Could it be that you kinda got “warmed up” to the distance on the first 10, so maybe the second 10 got an unfair advantage.

If you're so inclined, I'd be curious to see doing the opposite order, or better yet, rotate shots every ball, and use something like a green dot on all the balls from the new wedge, or something like that to ID the balls.

Congrats on the “hardware” , sounds like you guys got er done!

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

That is a ton of 1-putts..

So are you kind of just missing the greens a lot with your second shot, and then using the laser beams, errr, the Hogan's, to cozy up tight for a bunch of kick ins, or are you an extraordinary putter draining 10 to 20 footers all day?

Must have an Evnroll eh? Hehe

But, something fantastic is going on there with those wedges. How old were your old wedges?

On your chipping test from 40, did you hit all 10 with old wedges first, then immediately throw 10 with the new wedge? Could it be that you kinda got “warmed up” to the distance on the first 10, so maybe the second 10 got an unfair advantage.

If you're so inclined, I'd be curious to see doing the opposite order, or better yet, rotate shots every ball, and use something like a green dot on all the balls from the new wedge, or something like that to ID the balls.

Congrats on the “hardware” , sounds like you guys got er done!

Two great questions. First regarding the 40 yard wedge tests, I actually warmed up first, took swings with all the wedges (new and old) and then went into the test. The shag bag is all range balls, and I suppose I could go out and mark 10 and alternate wedges... I actually may try that next time out there.

For better or worse I will play one more round this weekend then will be off the course with SWMBO for the next week... no golf for at least two weeks.

The old wedges are from 2015, so not that old (there is no worn spot on the center of the face) but the grooves may be a bit the worse for wear. Moreover, I think the significant difference in the V-sole between the old TK wedges and the new Equalizer wedges is a significant part of those results. Much more forgiving but still very workable.

Regarding Greens in Regulation, I will have to review my longer iron approach results and get back with you.

Thanks for you the questions. More work to do... just wish work wouldn't get in the way of my golf game!!!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Putter MLA Pro Classic

Better late than never. Right GolfJunkie?

attachicon.gifIMG_8397.PNG

https://twitter.com/bhgolfequipment/status/1011938308321050624?s=21

That's a very clever ad if you asked me. One of the best I've seen for lefties.

Man, those guys waited until just after the reviews began!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

my stage 2 is up folks. If there are any new questions feel free to ask. I also hope that this is up to the standards of the others who have been reviewers and the mods. I will adjust if needed I just need to know what or where I messed up. Thanks for the opportunity again and I hope its not too long of a read.

Bump to my stage two- now updated with NUMBERS!!!

What's in the bag?

Putter MLA Pro Classic

@ddryan - nice review! Could you comment on the sole? Is it identical to the TK or is it different particularly in its turf interaction.

When I first got my SCORs it took me some time to adjust to that V-sole - I'm glad that I stuck with it because I have no intention to ever go back.

One less thing that I have to think about.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

ddryan,  Love the pics, and graphs.  They really help explain and tell your story.  noticing the different lengths of shots between the old and new, are you concerned? 

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

tommc23,   great read, and pics.  These clubs are nice looking.  I will be interested to hear your feelings of the clubs in a few months time.  Based on your playing time, which was the biggest game changer for you, that made you choose to keep the clubs in the bag?

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

tommc23, great read, and pics. These clubs are nice looking. I will be interested to hear your feelings of the clubs in a few months time. Based on your playing time, which was the biggest game changer for you, that made you choose to keep the clubs in the bag?

What made me want to keep these wedges in my bag is pretty much the fact that when I open the face up and do a flop shot I get a more consistent flop than I was with the Glides. That and I really really like the feel of forged clubs.

What made me want to keep these wedges in my bag is pretty much the fact that when I open the face up and do a flop shot I get a more consistent flop than I was with the Glides. That and I really really like the feel of forged clubs.

I played Ping wedges prior to winning a set of SCORs in the Tour Staff contest here. After the Eye 2 I never had much success opening up the blade on any Ping.

It's easy as pie with a SCOR and I'm sure that's the case with the equalizer. I would love to hear about the differences between it and the TK.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Just posted my Stage 2 enjoy gents!!!

Snell MTB-X

Archived