hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Giving this a bump especially since there is a thread about wedges. I think cobra connect out shined all of these reviews a little so we gotta keep bumping so more people can read about these awesome wedges.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

That's what I'm scared of, the vsole, before buying. Cleveland has gone away from it with their new wedges. What do you guys think? Is the v-sole good? Does it allow variable lies?

I hated the "V-sole," which clubmaker Terry Koehler took from Reid-Lockhart to Scor to Hogan.

Rev,  deejaid,  and others like it just fine.

It's probably impossible to say whether it's good or bad for somebody else.

You've got to hit it in a variety of situations.

In my case, I always did better with a relatively flat sole--minimum radius and camber--

preferably a touch wide of standard--

and practically NO bounce.

No sole configuration spins a ball harder than that. That spun old Top Flites hard.

On the other hand, that contributed to my never having been a good "non-flat lie" player.

That's what I'm scared of, the vsole, before buying. Cleveland has gone away from it with their new wedges. What do you guys think? Is the v-sole good? Does it allow variable lies?

They are moving away from it, but it's still available on their Mid-sole wedge although it's been modified somewhat I think.

I love the v-sole in my SCORs, and can hit them off most any lie.  It does take a little getting used to, but my wedge game has improved with it.  I love the look of the RTX-4, and might take a chance on the Low sole.

I hit the flag stick from 110 last week first time ever...

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I hit the flagstick a few weeks ago, and the ball went in the water.   :(

• Like 2

I really like the vsole I switched from glides. It took a day or two to get used to it but I really like it. If you're hesitant or interested try their program to test it out. I really liked the club off the bat except the grip.

Loving these rundowns! Great reviews. I'm looking for a new wedge and you guys have me leaning towards the Hogans.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I love them and the demo program is a nice way to try them out

• Like 1

I haven't had any problems at all with the V Sole but I was gaming the RTX-3 before the Hogan's so I am pretty used to it. I am able to hit any shot from any lie with them.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I am also hoping they introduce them in ninja mode, Texas midnight....black.

For actual Black Ninja wedges, try Nakashima.

They offer the option of non-comforming "SuperSpin" grooves.

The option of conforming ones too, for whatever reason.

• Like 2

Great reviews! The wedges look beautiful! I'm not in the market for wedges, but these would be at the top of the list if I was.

• Like 2

I'd love to put these head to head with the Bridgestone wedges. Or have one of those guys give one of these a try. A little head to head forged wedge test would be nice. I wouldn't mind doing the Bridgestone test program when that comes out.

• Like 3

I would agree with tommc23 on this even though I had a little trouble with fat shots recently my last round was stellar with these in the bag. The consistency around the greens is outstanding my short game had never been better. I almost made a hole in one on a 113 yard par 3 52 degree wedge to 2 ft.

• Like 3

I would agree with tommc23 on this even though I had a little trouble with fat shots recently my last round was stellar with these in the bag. The consistency around the greens is outstanding my short game had never been better. I almost made a hole in one on a 113 yard par 3 52 degree wedge to 2 ft.

So are you keeping these in the bag when the Cobras arrive? 🤔😁😎

• Like 1

I'd love to put these head to head with the Bridgestone wedges. Or have one of those guys give one of these a try. A little head to head forged wedge test would be nice. I wouldn't mind doing the Bridgestone test program when that comes out.

That would be awesome to see, both are beautiful clubs and both are really performing 😁😎