hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Hogan Equalizer Wedges

It's unfortunate to say but the 52° is coming out of the bag. Two rounds in a row with unpredictable shot height and weird feeling loading of the shaft. The 50° from my Wishon set will be going back it especially since the DG s300 are really working well for me in my irons with my increased speed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That’s to bad. You could reshaft it. I haven’t had this issue so not sure what to tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

That’s to bad. You could reshaft it. I haven’t had this issue so not sure what to tell you.

I've been thinking about doing that I have the ability to just have my club builder move the shaft from my 50 to the 52 but I don't really want to do that. It was weird hit a low bullet with the ball lined up for a high shot shot and it wasn't thinned or anything. It doesn't happen this bad in the 56 or 60 so I don't know what it is.

Kc it's funny that I was thinking about ditching the dg s300 when testing these wedges because I was not enjoying the loss of feel with them. Then all of a sudden swinging faster all the feel returned in the s300 and I got a weird loading issue with the KBS. I did notice on the 56 and 60 that they are a little whippier than before but no issues with the height like in the 52, probably because I have been taking less than full shots with them and taking mostly full shots with the 52.

So if the shaft is the issue, what would you change it out for? It do you just not like the wedge at all?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I would put a dynamic gold s300 in it like I have in my irons. I do like the wedge I was super happy with it for months until I changed my swing a little and now it's shaft issues no the head itself. I'll have to see if it's worth changing shafts or not. I was not getting along with my gap wedge in my iron set then got these and immediately got along with it.

• Like 1

Well I am sorry to say guys I sent the Equalizers away...Pings are back in the bag my wedge play is better but the feel around the greens is definitely not as good now but it was necessary to just cut bait on the wedges. I found them a great home and I didn't sell them just passed them on to another spy to try. I will be looking to probably get some Glide 2.0s or since these One length irons are working so well maybe going all in on one length wedges!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

sorry to hear that you sent them to someone else. I have been wanting to try the Bridgestones that are being reviewed right now

• Like 1

Well I am sorry to say guys I sent the Equalizers away...Pings are back in the bag my wedge play is better but the feel around the greens is definitely not as good now but it was necessary to just cut bait on the wedges. I found them a great home and I didn't sell them just passed them on to another spy to try. I will be looking to probably get some Glide 2.0s or since these One length irons are working so well maybe going all in on one length wedges!!! 

That makes sense, I fell out of love with my 52. I don’t like the head shape compared to the TK, I feel like they went 400 series vokey on them and rounded them too much for my liking. I had kept an open mind this season A because I loved my Ft. Worth’s and B the price was so fair I thought the value was there and worth a shot.

Next season will likely be RTX4 for me.

As far as the KBS shafts go...I have been converted. I was always a DG guy, explicitly for 29 years.

I pulled the wedge shaft from my TK and added a Hi-Rev to get the length correct and it’s a dime. Love it.

• Like 2

That’s too bad. I still really like mine. I played with my buddy that I have played with for 12 years yesterday and he said “wow I have never seen your short game and chipping this good” I have really dialed in these wedges and I have a ton of confidence. In the last 2 rounds I have got up and down 11 of 12 times this includes chips for eagle on par 5s and making birdies.

• Like 3

That’s too bad. I still really like mine. I played with my buddy that I have played with for 12 years yesterday and he said “wow I have never seen your short game and chipping this good” I have really dialed in these wedges and I have a ton of confidence. In the last 2 rounds I have got up and down 11 of 12 times this includes chips for eagle on par 5s and making birdies.

That is awesome!! Stick with what works and work it!

• Like 3

Was it the v-sole. I have read mixed reviews.

I think it has to be the vsole they worked so well in the beginning though but maybe since here in Florida the conditions change to soft this time of year and that caused some problems

On 10/23/2018 at 3:50 PM, GeekingGolf said:

So you felt that your short game was better but you were sacrificing too much in the full shots?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

So you felt that your short game was better but you were sacrificing too much in the full shots?

Exactly...my touch around the green was great probably due to the wedges being forged. My shots from the fairway and rough were not good at all. Once the courses got a bit damp around here in Jacksonville my wedge game fell apart. I started chunking shots then hitting them thin (probably trying not to chunk them)...the v sole really digs for my swing. I wish there was something like my current Ping Glides 54 SS and 58 WS that would work the same from the fairway but forged to give me more feel around the greens. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeekingGolf said:

Exactly...my touch around the green was great probably due to the wedges being forged. My shots from the fairway and rough were not good at all. Once the courses got a bit damp around here in Jacksonville my wedge game fell apart. I started chunking shots then hitting them thin (probably trying not to chunk them)...the v sole really digs for my swing. I wish there was something like my current Ping Glides 54 SS and 58 WS that would work the same from the fairway but forged to give me more feel around the greens. 

Hmmm sounds like the forged Ping wedges will work nicely for you 😁😎

• Like 2

On 10/24/2018 at 8:45 PM, Nunfa0 said:

Hmmm sounds like the forged Ping wedges will work nicely for you 😁😎

Not with my budget...maybe some MD3 forged or Ping Glide 2.0 but Ping Forged out of the question cost too much

• Like 1

Ooh, they've just release black Equalizers.
Given how much I love the Ft Worth Blacks and their constant 4* gaps, I might just have to trade my current wedges for a 50/54/58 set...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

Ooh, they've just release black Equalizers.
Given how much I love the Ft Worth Blacks and their constant 4* gaps, I might just have to trade my current wedges for a 50/54/58 set...

Except they're not doing Dynamic Gold shafts, it seems... I've emailed them 🙂

They should have the DG shafts. They are having a great black Friday sale too so it would be a good time. 

• Like 1