hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Conclusion

I have enjoyed testing these wedges out and they are my new gamers. They are softer than the glides in my opinion and they are very workable. I was asked to hit them off of some hard pan when testing and I hit them off of slate and no damage so they are durable. I had hit some shots on really hard turf and they have some scuffing and scratches but not many. If you like the feel of a forged iron give these a try. I have not ever hit Vokeys but I would take these over the glides and I loved to play the glides. With Hogan getting in with True Temper they should be on everyones radar. Russ I hope the question about forgiveness is answer and if anyone has any questions please ask.

Final Score: Overall score of 93 out of 100. The things that I gave deductions for were the grips not feeling as tacky as the pure grips I play and the lower trajectory because of the different shafts. I did not deduct any points because of the clubs themselves its mainly because I like to see a higher shot shape for my eye and I like to have a grip I can rely on. These wedges are great and I can rely on them even after such a short time having them in the bag.

Great job tommc23! 

• Like 3

As most of you I am in the process of trying to qualify for the All Navy Golf Team, US Mid Am and VGA Championships so the on course performance was the most important factor for me. I need a wedge to do what I am expecting to do on every shot and never have a doubt. When doubt creeps in its very tough to hit a quality golf shot. These wedges did everything I ever wanted and I could never blame my shot on the wedge not performing. I did take some adjusting to the increased distance I was not getting but never did that cost me any shots on the course. I holed bunker shots, chip shots and even from the fairway. These are the most consistent wedges I have ever had in my bag.

Well done and good luck on your journey to the All Navy Golf Team, US Mid Am and VGA Championships !

• Like 2

Hogan Equalizer Wedge Review, Stage 2

The Hogan Equalizer wedges are everything that Mr. Hogan envisioned when he started his equipment company.  Highest quality standards, superior performance, and a driven, winning attitude is what these clubs are all about.  These Equalizer wedges are the real deal, and worth every bit of the $100 per club they are currently asking.  They are a great value for dollar, and are worth considerably more than the current asking price.any provides a fantastic product, great customer service, and dedicated to the game at the purest level.  Thank you, MGS, and thank you Hogan Golf Equipment Company, for giving me this unique opportunity and incredible experience!!!

Awesome job and congrats on you and your brother winning your flight in the tournament!

• Like 2

BEN HOGAN EQUALIZER WEDGE TEST - STAGE 2

Intro

Conclusion

The Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges live up to manufacturers claims of enhanced feel and control. These wedges flat out perform on the range and more importantly on the course, where your scoring counts. If you put in the time, these wedges will reward your dedication and hard work with low scores and one putts.

Final Score: 93

Wow you put a ton of work into your review and did an awesome job!   

• Like 2

Great stuff fellas!

Dig the tic tac toe charts, and your data GG.

I had a feeling KC would like them after he started dunking bunker shots.

DD, of course it was the wedges that lowered your handicap, it's always the wedges.

Tom shooting some of your beat rounds sounds like you've found a match!

• Like 4

Great stuff fellas!

Dig the tic tac toe charts, and your data GG.

I had a feeling KC would like them after he started dunking bunker shots.

DD, of course it was the wedges that lowered your handicap, it's always the wedges.

Tom shooting some of your beat rounds sounds like you've found a match!

Shankster I did it's nice having all forged clubs in the bag. I love the feel of them and I was hesitant as to if I would like them or not since I was unable to hit them before hand.

Great job tommc23!

Thanks OG

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

My dog loves to try to catch flop shots when I practice them. She helps me focus on landing the ball smoother and softer, dont wanna hurt or break her teeth when she tries to catch a ball. I like how easily I can get the ball elevated from the front foot or back foot.20180729_185322_1.gif

• Like 4

My dog loves to try to catch flop shots when I practice them. She helps me focus on landing the ball smoother and softer, dont wanna hurt or break her teeth when she tries to catch a ball. I like how easily I can get the ball elevated from the front foot or back foot.attachicon.gif20180729_185322_1.gif

Ha! My guys won't give the ball back, and then they'll chew the cover off!

Maybe look for "Almost Golf" balls for practice in the yard - they have a smaller, solid core and a slightly softer than normal outer casing; they're also lighter so more dog-friendly and still good for practice.

• Like 1

Just got through all the reviews. Great job all!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

All Hogan gear is traditionally well made, but if you like Equalizers, you like The Scor sole concept.

Mizuno and Titleist still offer the most comprehensive loft / bounce combo choices.

The SM7s are a little prettier and the S18s are a little more forgiving.

It's hard to try the Equalizer because they're marketed directly and don't appear in pro shops. The price is very attractive, relatively speaking, so if you hit the Scor sole well, Equalizers are probably the smart way to go.  They're very pretty too.

• Like 1

Hey KCLeo, what is the significance of the "Deep Sauce" hat?

Also, have you considered trying a side by side test between the Equalizers and their predecessor Tkt Hogan wedges? got my answer in the second review

• Like 2

Great review, ddryan,  The comparison with the Tk's was what I wanted to see.  I have the Ptx irons with Tk wedges in my closet, waiting for a return to my bag.   Have to wait until after September as I am midway thru the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Is there a weighting difference between the Equalizer and Tk heads?

• Like 3

Great review, ddryan,  The comparison with the Tk's was what I wanted to see.  I have the Ptx irons with Tk wedges in my closet, waiting for a return to my bag.   Have to wait until after September as I am midway thru the Cobra Connect Challenge.

Is there a weighting difference between the Equalizer and Tk heads?

I didn't put them on a club weight device (thingy is the technical term, I believe) but the Equalizers feel ever so slightly heavier- but it is a very solid heavy and not klunky type heavy... if that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Ha! My guys won't give the ball back, and then they'll chew the cover off!

Maybe look for "Almost Golf" balls for practice in the yard - they have a smaller, solid core and a slightly softer than normal outer casing; they're also lighter so more dog-friendly and still good for practice.

I will have to look into that. Right now I just use balls I found on the course which I won't use during the round.

• Like 2

Hey KCLeo, what is the significance of the "Deep Sauce" hat?

Also, have you considered trying a side by side test between the Equalizers and their predecessor Tkt Hogan wedges? got my answer in the second review

DeepSauce is just a company started by a local pro.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I forgot to mention I hit a lot of shots into bunkers today and I normally suck in bunkers, but I hit some of the best bunker shots today.

• Like 2

They are really good out of the bunkers. I have had to change how I hit bunker shots because the get through the sand so well.

• Like 2

They are really good out of the bunkers. I have had to change how I hit bunker shots because the get through the sand so well.

Absolutely agree with this initially I used the 60 degree but the results were not great left some in the bunker these things just really get through there. Switched to the 56 for all bunker shots and got it working better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Great grouping from about 25 yards with my Equalizer 60* wedge during practice today.

IMG_4147.JPG

• Like 4