TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fake/inferior Aldila Rogue?

After reading the article on MyGolfSpy.com about how some shaft companies shaft the consumer with club company collabs and 3rd part shaft makers label led as legit, I'm concerned that an Aldila shaft I purchased to replace the unbranded REAX shaft in my ‘17 M2 3 wood could be fake or sup par quality. I bought it from Mike's Golf Outlet through eBay (good thing I can return for almost any reason) and it was listed as a Rogue 959 Blue 110 MSI 55G stiff. Does anyone know of any club manufacturer collabs with this shaft or even heard of it? From everything I've seen, it's almost like a Rogue Elite Blue/Rogue Silver 110 mashup. Anyone know of or seen this? IMG_5026.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Agree with jlukes I have read a couple articles on this shaft not to long ago.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

What's weird though is the shaft pictured when you look close says Rogue 110 MSI and then 959. Also couldn't find any other pics with the color pattern and the same lettering like the one above. I could be over reacting.

Scratch that, I think it does say 859. Maybe it was an early run. I've seen other articles where the same company has changed the design shortly after introducing first runs so maybe that's the case here too.

Send a photo and ask the manufacturer directly. They should be able to give you THE definitive answer 😁.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I would hope that gets me the best results, but still slightly skeptical after reading the below article. Do the administrators of this forum participate? I wonder if they could help. Anyways, check out the below. It's a VERY interesting read: https://mygolfspy.com/made-for-shafts-a-closer-look/

Send a photo and ask the manufacturer directly. They should be able to give you THE definitive answer .

MDGolfHacker

What's more is they would probably gladly send you a legit shaft to get a hold of the fake and know who/when sold it too you. 

Rounds per year: 80-90. 

Handicap: 11.6

In my Bag:

Driver - Taylormade SLDR (Adjusted 1/2 to the draw side and 8* loft)

Fairway Woods: 3 & 5 Taylormade SLDR

Irons 4-AW: Taylormade M2 (2016)

Wedges: Volkey SM6 56* and SM7 60*

Balls: ProVx - preferred, Calloway Chrome second.

Holes in one: None  ;)

Albatross: ONE!  :D

Eagles: Many

Favorite golf slogan: It's a target game, not a distance game. 

What's more is they would probably gladly send you a legit shaft to get a hold of the fake and know who/when sold it too you. 

Or they won't give you any details, and tell you to stick with authorized retailers/fitters if you don't want to have this risk.

Happened to me when I tried to verify a S/N on a putter a few years ago.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I would hope that gets me the best results, but still slightly skeptical after reading the below article. Do the administrators of this forum participate? I wonder if they could help. Anyways, check out the below. It's a VERY interesting read: https://mygolfspy.com/made-for-shafts-a-closer-look/

Yes, but it does not pertain to your situation. The Rogue Elite series was 100% aftermarket. None of these shafts were ever offered through a major OEM. The only way to get these shafts was through an aftermarket fitter/builder

So it's either a Rogue elite shaft or a counterfeit. There's no such thing as a Rogue elite made for shaft

The 110 MSI Silver was available as an aftermarket upgrade for TaylorMade's though, and it almost looks exactly like one aside from the blue and 859 on it. That's what has me skeptical. Like I said, I could just be overthinking. I'd like to believe I lucked up on a legit stick.

The 110 MSI Silver was available as an aftermarket upgrade for TaylorMade's though, and it almost looks exactly like one aside from the blue and 859 on it. That's what has me skeptical. Like I said, I could just be overthinking. I'd like to believe I lucked up on a legit stick.

Did you read the links I posted? It's a completely different shaft than the Rogue silver.

Did you read the links I posted? It's a completely different shaft than the Rogue silver.

I saw those on the Aldila site last week but if you look at the shaft in the original comment, it doesn't look like the Elite.

I saw those on the Aldila site last week but if you look at the shaft in the original comment, it doesn't look like the Elite.

More specifically, the Elite blue doesn't say 110 MSI anywhere on the shaft on Aldila's website. Should have clarified.

I may have lucked out. Reached out to Aldila and their shaft tech said it's nearly practically impossible for someone to replicate the graphics with the Rogue series, and it's very possible this could have been the design for the Rogue Elite Blue pre-mass-release i.e. it could likely be a demo shaft. He also said he hasn't heard anything in a long time of any counterfeiting of their brand, so for the time being, I feel a bit more assured.

Look closely and notice the designs parallel in the digitized graphics. I sent an email with these and a few more pics to the tech at Aldila. I was pretty psyched when he called with the news. The shaft was a demo of the Rogue Elite series pre-release that weren't meant to be released to the public! I asked about the 110 MSI on the shaft and he said they removed the label because they changed the material before they released the final series. He said I have a pretty rare shaft as it turns out! Awesome news to hear! And the eBay store Mikes Golf Outlet sold it for $63! They have a ton of good priced shafts, but I just happened to pick the needle in the hay stack! I'll hold on to this one for a good long time. Thought everyone might be interested in the final verdict. A big thanks to Steve at Aldila!

Glad you got your answer. See, contacting the manufacturer does pay off ;)

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

That's great news sir! Awesome to find something like that! I purchased a Project X M66 in Tour X off of ebay from golf steals and deals. I called True Temper, and Don Brown got back to me and said it was one of 3 custom shafts that were made for a PGA Tour Player. Really awesome 

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

That's great news sir! Awesome to find something like that! I purchased a Project X M66 in Tour X off of ebay from golf steals and deals. I called True Temper, and Don Brown got back to me and said it was one of 3 custom shafts that were made for a PGA Tour Player. Really awesome

That is awesome! Did he say which tour players were gaming that shaft? That would be cool to know! Either way, a pearl in the clam is a pearl in the clam.

That is awesome! Did he say which tour players were gaming that shaft? That would be cool to know! Either way, a pearl in the clam is a pearl in the clam.

His exact email was

It is indeed a one off (really, 3 off) for a tour player who attended Georgia.

It's closer to HZRDUS than LZ, but it isn't either.  Low launch and spin, close to HZRDUS Black 6.0 but not the same.

DB

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Archived