Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

SPY ZINGER's WITB

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, I hope they play as good as they look.

I keep staring at that PING headcover...anyone hit the XHOT HB's yet? :ph34r:

:callaway-small: :callaway-small: :callaway-small: :callaway-small: :callaway-small:

Yes! You'll like em- similar looks to your hybrids! Face is HOT and they're stupid forgiving.

I have a 16* pro with a rip- had a di shaft in there, not a good fit for me. Also had an 18 and a 20 with di's- didn't like the lofts for my set makeup.

The 16* with the rip may have a shot to knock out the 16* peanut with infra I've been playing for damn near 6 years. :o

Yes! You'll like em- similar looks to your hybrids! Face is HOT and they're stupid forgiving.

I have a 16* pro with a rip- had a di shaft in there, not a good fit for me. Also had an 18 and a 20 with di's- didn't like the lofts for my set makeup.

The 16* with the rip may have a shot to knock out the 16* peanut with infra I've been playing for damn near 6 years. :o

Nice! Yes, and I see the Fubuki is offered at no upcharge as well. Might have to give it a shot.

Posted Image

Nice! Yes, and I see the Fubuki is offered at no upcharge as well. Might have to give it a shot.

Strike that.

X Hot Pro Hybrid Hybrid - 20° Mens/Right

Product Details:

Hand: Right

Shaft Origin: Factory Installed - Custom

Shaft Material: Graphite

Shaft Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Rayon

Shaft Type: Mitsubishi Fubuki AX Hybrid 80 Graphite

Shaft Flex: Stiff

Club: Hybrid - 20°

Custom Options:

Grip: Golf Pride - New Dec Black/Yellow

Wraps: +2 (1/32 in)

Length: - 1/4 in

Posted Image

First round of the year in with the Prototypes yesterday. Lots of early season rust to shake off, but initial impressions...These shafts are all UST Describes them to be with respect to tightening dispersion. Shots (the decent ones at least) were laser straight. I am also about a club longer but I am also playing these in the X-Hot pros, so I am guessing that has a lot to do with it. The feeling of these are so smooth. Although I do not have any injuries or issues with the upper body (other than extremely solid pectoral muscles, so apparel can be an issue) I can imagine that a switch to these would really dampen shock feedback. The most surprising aspect is no doubt, the feel. They feel like pure silk, very smooth for a 125g shaft. First iron shafts that I have played that could really have a real and true impact on lowering a handicap, with better accuracy into greens. I have never been excited about iron shafts until these. Mostly because, even as an 11 HDCP, there is a real and tangible difference you can immediately see/feel when putting these into play.

Oh...The ATTAS in the X-Hot... :D

BI33cvTCcAEjC9o.jpg

BI4kEsdCIAEzPM5.jpg

Posted Image

Hey Zinger, I know it's early in the season but how'd the X-Hot fairway treat you? I'm toying with the idea of the xhot or the fit extreme 3 wood and would love whatever feedback you could give. And did you play the chrome +? If so how were they?

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Hey Zinger, I know it's early in the season but how'd the X-Hot fairway treat you? I'm toying with the idea of the xhot or the fit extreme 3 wood and would love whatever feedback you could give. And did you play the chrome +? If so how were they?

My sincere apologizes, but I have not hit the X-Hot FW outdoors yet, and was trying to use up a couple old IZ's the first time out. Give me a week or so!

Posted Image

Arrived today! Build was absolutely perfect, EXCEPT, the swingweight. This is an area Callaway can never seem to get right for me. Ordered D4, arrived D1.

X Hot Pro Hybrid Hybrid - 20° Mens/Right

Product Details:

Hand: Right

Shaft Origin: Factory Installed - Custom

Shaft Material: Graphite

Shaft Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Rayon

Shaft Type: Mitsubishi Fubuki AX Hybrid 80 Graphite

Shaft Flex: Stiff

Club: Hybrid - 20°

Custom Options:

Grip: Golf Pride - New Dec Black/Yellow

Wraps: +2 (1/32 in)

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

IMG_3181.JPG

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a little update on the RECOILs and XHOT Pros to see if you have any feedback.

Overall, this combination is extremely easy to hit. Forgiving, and easy to look down upon. The only negatives that I see are: 1. This combination flies about a club longer than all of my previous sets. Not the end of the world, but I am a guy that is resistant to change. 2. No matter where you hit the ball on the face, it feels like a pure crisp shot. I believe this is a combination of the forgiving irons combined with the dampening effect of the shafts as well. Again, not the end of the world, but a feel I am just no used to. 3. They fly higher too, which with the distance gain, is not a bad thing at all.

Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SPY ZINGER's SUMMER 2013 WITB

The Beautiful Bag

Driver: Taylor Made Golf R1-10*

Graphite Design Tour AD Deep Impact 7s

Fairway: Callaway Golf X-Hot Pro-17*

Project X Velocity 6.0

Hybrid: Callaway Golf X-Hot Pro-20*

Fubuki AX HB 400h-Stiff

Irons: Callaway Golf X-Hot 4-PW

1* Upright

UST MAMIYA Recoil Prototype Shafts-Stiff

Wedges: Callaway Golf X-Forged 52/58/62 (Bent to 63)

1* Upright

True Temper Black Gold Stiff

Ball: Taylor Made Golf Lethal

IMG_3398.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3407.JPG

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

**Last, but not least, the 2005 Callaway X-Tour 6 iron. This club is used to hit out of all the waste area bunkers on my course due to the large rocks and coarse sand. This wear is after 1.5 seasons of waste area shots.**

IMG_3411.jpg

Posted Image

Congrats Zinger!

Sweet gear too! Where are the JP Wedges though??

I have three JP wedges, and no longer hit them.

One of them is a true prototype and was built in person: http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/4282-james-patrick-golf/page__view__findpost__p__46061

They'll never see the sunshine again. Best wedges in the game.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Posted Image

A couple things:

1. Congrats on the single digit. That's a big milestone. Now it's time to work towards a + handicap.

2. Why would you not play the JP wedges if they are the best ever? Are you just going to display them?

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

A couple things:

1. Congrats on the single digit. That's a big milestone. Now it's time to work towards a + handicap.

2. Why would you not play the JP wedges if they are the best ever? Are you just going to display them?

Thanks, I appreciate it...I was off this past week, and shot a couple 83's and was on sub 80 watch until 17 each day. Then, a 94/92 mixed in as well, so I am still capable of disaster. I wont have time in the next 12 years to dedicate myself to even come close to a plus. In fact, this is the lowest it's ever been, and unsustainable. I just don't have the time.

Your second question is a very good one. There are some guys that simply park a car, wipe it with a cloth diaper, and look at it. What's the point of an equipment purchase if you're not going to use it? If it's the best, why aren't you playing it? Look Zinger, you're an asshat, just play the wedges they are not doing you any good locked in a vault. Hey sideburns, you're a joke, just play them. Zinger, take some low T supplements you boob. I get it, I do. But at the same time, I am a complicated guy. As I have said before, and tell my wife almost daily, you don't have to understand it, you just have to accept it.

Posted Image

Thanks, I appreciate it...I was off this past week, and shot a couple 83's and was on sub 80 watch until 17 each day. Then, a 94/92 mixed in as well, so I am still capable of disaster. I wont have time in the next 12 years to dedicate myself to even come close to a plus. In fact, this is the lowest it's ever been, and unsustainable. I just don't have the time.

Less time working on the pecs and more time working on the short game. But seriously Zinger, The way you take working out seriously and with the time you put into blogging you could get better and put the time in. You strike me as the kind of guy who can do anything you put your mind to.

What's in my Bag:
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Oh yeah, if you need more time to work on your game have the clothing companies send me all the sweet swag and I'll write some reviews so you can work on your game;)

What's in my Bag:

Thanks Rickles, I appreciate it. Agreed, you can find time for almost anything, if you make some cuts. Much of the writing I do, and working out for that matter, comes late at night, or at least when the kids are asleep. Other comments (like this one) or forum reading come via the iPhone whenever I get a minute. In fact, I am coming to you live, right from the Zinger Tempurpedic. I suppose I could just roll over a run my fingers through my wife's hair, but I'm making the choice to have a discussion with you instead. One I do not regret either!

I'll take your advice though, and give myself some more time for practice. Points well taken. :D

Posted Image

Aim left

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

You gotta get that spin down.. at least another 600 rpm. Then tune that thing a little left.. Or get a Callaway Driver.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Archived