Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Not hitting shorter irons long enough

Hello, 

For some reason my 9, PW, W are going short. I expect 10-15 yard increments. What I getting is a much shorter distance. The gap is 20-30 yards. Checked the loft on all the clubs and they are right on the correct loft. I am playing Titleist AP 1. I changed the shaft to the Fiber/Steel shafts. Recently, after considering the weight difference between Kuro Kage shafts and the Fiber/Steel shafts. So I increased the head weight two swing weights on the 9, pw, and w. The yardage increased. Still not up to my Pings.

Any suggestions or tip. I am ready to hear them. If all else fails, I bought a new bag to make the irons easier to sell.

Especially with 9 on down... Put the ball in the middle of your stance and try to hit it low. Easy way to remove a hand flip or scoop at impact and keeps your hands ahead of the ball better. Ball will come out lower but with more spin. 

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

• 2 weeks later...

When I was having a similar issue a few years ago it was because I was flipping my hands at impact, causing me to lose speed and add loft

Thank you for sharing;

I am currently working on my body rotation and swing around my spine. My back is acting up right now so I am flipping my hands.

Archived