Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Fitting experience..

Made the hour trek down to Fiddlers Green in Eugene. Walked in with my old Pings in 6i, 7i, and PW. Greeted by a fitter promptly and told him I wanted some new clubs. He saw my old clubs and told me unless fit was off or if I could hit forged, he felt that he couldnt improve on my clubs. I was right at regular to half over on length and a hair upright according to lie board. We hit some with my clubs and he loved them. We hit Callaways, few different Pings, as well as 718 AP1, 2, and 3s in standard, and half over 2 degree upright. Didnt strike them better or improve ball flight with these so we talked about changing the lie on my Eye 2s. After speaking with the guys who work on clubs they said it was too risky with my irons and the odds were high they might break. Couple other fitters out on the deck agreed on what original fitter said so we decided it was best to keep playing my irons and look elsewhere to gain strokes like wedges or a putter.

Since my wedge gapping isnt the greatest I decided to look at wedges. I hit Callaways. Clevelands, Ping Glide 2, and Vokey SM7s. Ditched the Callaways and Clevelands pretty quick as i didnt love the feel and didnt hit them great. Hit 20 or 30 balls more with the Pings and Vokeys before I went with the Vokeys. It was close as i loved the Pings look and feel, but i think my shot dispersion was tighter with the Vokeys. We ordered a 54 and a 58 so that gives me gappping at 46 with 9i. 50.5 at set PW, 54, and a 58. I have zero doubts that this will help gain a stroke or two as before I went from 50.5, 56, then 60 with less spin. I was never really comfortable with my 60 degree and seldom used it.

My fitter has been fitting clubs for over 30 years wirh 29 years at this place. He was willing to sell me new irons, but really felt it wasnt needed. While we didnt get techy at all Im satisfied with the outcome and would send othr golfers to Fiddlers Green.

While Im sure some will say you should have got some numbers like swing speeds, carry, and whatever else tracknan does. I was more than satisfied with the way it went. I was ready and willing to drop the cash in my pocket on new irons.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Great report on what sounds like a positive experience! That fitter of yours sound like he really knows his stuff! Cheers!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

While Im sure some will say you should have got some numbers like swing speeds, carry, and whatever else tracknan does. I was more than satisfied with the way it went. I was ready and willing to drop the cash in my pocket on new irons.

Numbers are the interesting part because it visualizes the comparison of one club against another.  The important thing is that you got the experience you wanted and that the fitter indicated your clubs were fine and that you wouldn't see significant if any improvement from another set.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived