Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Brass plug on tip

It's to dial in the swing weight. Cheaper to add a tip weight than pay for tighter tolerances on the head manufacturing

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

When changing shafts in wedges, I noticed some have them, and some don't.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Like RP said it is for adjusting Swing Weight. You have different sized weights and different materials. Manufacturers tolerances are across the board so that is one of the "tools" used to tune weight in. Us old timers call it slugged in the hosel. I can tell in one swing if a iron has a tip weight. For me I cannot stand them goes back to my younger days when I had a hooking problem. In fact I need to redo my MP 68s because they are heavy slugged and I have so much lead tape in the toe to counterbalance them that I actually have them too heavy in the long run. If I take the lead tape off the toe I can hook the snot out of them even with the S-300 shafts which for my age and SS are a little stiff for me. Most mainstream golfers tend to slice the ball so a lot of manufacturers put weight in the hosel to counteract that slice

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived