Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ping consumers

They're definitely in the business of creating promoters.  If it is reasonable enough you may be surprised.  Only way to know is to ask.  Let us know how it goes!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I have heard great things about PING customer service. They will probably send you a new wood.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I had a hair line crack on the back side of the hosel on my G400 Max.  I took it back to the store I bought it and they called Ping. They are sending me a new head so I'm extremely impressed with Ping's customer service. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

PING's customer service is indeed top-notch and quick too! I just received back my "sick" 8-iron this past Friday that needed a new shaft installed. I had only sent it in the Friday before... Same thing with my 7-iron that I thought had a cracked face (it didn't-just scratched). Came back in just over a week-no charge.

Yeah, give them a call directly and let us know what you find out!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I had a wedge that was well over 10 years old. The backweight had fallen out. I called customer service they sent me a prepaid shipping label, installed a new backweight, cleaned up some scratches on the face and shipped the club back to me. NO CHARGE. 

Outstanding customer service!

• 2 weeks later...

I hit Pings since the early nineties I'm glad to hear great thing when it comes to costumer service if I need anything. Now days with a lot of transactions being on the internet just about all companies really need to be customer friendly and customer service should always be a number 1 priority.

This winter the face of my G30 driver cracked. I called PING who told me to take it into Golf Galaxy for inspection. GG called me an hour later to tell me that PING would replace it but they no longer had the G30 so would I accept the G400? You bet I would, and I love it. 

A friend had an issue with the finish going on 2 of his i25 irons in the fall. PING replaced the set with E1 irons. 

They can't be beat for customer service!

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd share my latest experience with PING...Sorry, no apologies! :P

On the first of this month (payday from the Gub'ment) :ph34r:  I went to Golf Galaxy to custom order a 50* wedge. Sat down with the fella helping me and filled in all the particulars, double checked and payed up. No problem.

About a week and a half later it arrived on a Friday and I grabbed it off the porch after work. Upon opening the box, I was presented with a 50* wedge, correct loft, lie angle and grip. But the wrong frickin' shaft! Looking at the paper work they sent with it and it was totally correct for what I ordered, but they still somehow shipped it with a steel shaft and not the graphite one I ordered. Weird, but "ok".

The very next day, I took it back to GG, explained the issue and was told that they'd contact PING first thing Monday. Well, they must have because the correct wedge showed up the very next Wednesday! :blink: WOW, was I blown away! Thanks GG and a big "ups" to PING!!! Rocket fast turn around and no questions asked! :D

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I have a dent in the toe of my 9 iron and I'm not sure where it came from.  probably because my miss is always on the toe.  I sent them a message and they told me I would need to send it back to have reviewed.  Sadly, it's the summer and would prefer not to be without one of my clubs.  I plan on doing it during the winter or be picked for the i500 club review and not have to worry about the old 9 iron.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

I have a dent in the toe of my 9 iron and I'm not sure where it came from.  probably because my miss is always on the toe.  I sent them a message and they told me I would need to send it back to have reviewed.  Sadly, it's the summer and would prefer not to be without one of my clubs.  I plan on doing it during the winter or be picked for the i500 club review and not have to worry about the old 9 iron.  

I had a dent in the trailing edge of my i20 6i.  No idea how it got there.  Took it the the dealer where I bought it, they sent it in to Ping, and I got it back 2 weeks later brand new.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had a weight fall out of the back of a wedge several years ago and no questions from Ping at all.  Just shipped it to them and they fixed and returned very quickly.  Just great service. 

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

Ping Customer service is excellent. they replace a G30 3 wood with cracked face and a G400 driver with hosel crack in the last year. Which is why i will only play Ping clubs. :wub: :wub: i have nothing but praised for Ping!!

I had a great experience with Ping. Had a G400 driver head that cracked near the hosel. Had bought it from Carls Golfland, so I gave them a call, sent some pics and they reached out to Ping. New head is on it's way.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Ping Customer service is excellent. they replace a G30 3 wood with cracked face and a G400 driver with hosel crack in the last year. Which is why i will only play Ping clubs. :wub: :wub: i have nothing but praised for Ping!!

You're the second person, in addition to me that had the hosel crack on the G400. I find it interesting!

You're the second person, in addition to me that had the hosel crack on the G400. I find it interesting!

I am surprised as well. i think they may have trying to save too much weight from the back hosel area and forgot about the durability of it. But Ping took care of it which is super awesome! 

Plus, I ask Ping to upgrade my shaft to the Aldila Vortex (which i paid extra for) i am in Loving my G400  :P  :P

I am surprised as well. i think they may have trying to save too much weight from the back hosel area and forgot about the durability of it. But Ping took care of it which is super awesome! 

Plus, I ask Ping to upgrade my shaft to the Aldila Vortex (which i paid extra for) i am in Loving my G400  :P  :P

NICE!!!!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I had a great experience with Ping. Had a G400 driver head that cracked near the hosel. Had bought it from Carls Golfland, so I gave them a call, sent some pics and they reached out to Ping. New head is on it's way.

Let us know how it goes when the new head arrives. I'm banking on the fact that you too shall be pleased!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I am fortunate enough to live in the Phoenix area so I just drop by the repair shop when I need to. They are always very friendly and willing to help. Never really have a issue, just get the loft / lie angles checked and adjusted. Pick them up the next day. They even clean them up and repaint the paint fill. Ping is top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Never had experience with PING customer service but it's great to hear all the positive comments. I don't own anything PING, just always ended up with something else.

I have dealt with Callaway customer service and was VERY happy. Had an issue with a case of SuperSofts and they replaced it right away.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Do they replaced any of cracked woods

My driver cracked just at the neck. They replaced the driver within two weeks. The process: go to your local ping dealer (Edwin Watts, Golf Galaxy, Roger Dunn, etc) and they will take your driver to be returned to Ping. They will also contact Ping via email. If your club is less than 3 years old they will most likely replace it.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

Your Avatar is awesome.  We have a 5-1/2 month old yellow lab and never even considered a Corona to help settle him down  :lol:.

In regards to Ping customer service, my experience with them has been nothing short of top notch.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Let us know how it goes when the new head arrives. I'm banking on the fact that you too shall be pleased!

before it cracked I was getting in a groove with it. Was actually it for a round with GolfSpy Rob and had a great driving day. Noticed it after. School started back up and we had our girls birthday party today but plan on taking the new head out for a round Monday.

before it cracked I was getting in a groove with it. Was actually it for a round with GolfSpy Rob and had a great driving day. Noticed it after. School started back up and we had our girls birthday party today but plan on taking the new head out for a round Monday.

You were definitely sending that down the fairway and in play.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

You were definitely sending that down the fairway and in play.

Here's to hoping that continues haha

First; Happy Birthday to the girl!

Second; I h8 you for being able to golf with Rob! :P

Third; Weird how it was performing at a high level right before it failed, but I've seen this before in other things. When I was into competitive rifle shooting, we'd keep track of our shot count so we could plan on when it would be time to replace the barrel. Our original count used to be 5,000 rounds, but as we began to see over time was it was more like 3,500. When a barrel was on the verge of wearing out (the throat gets worn away), we'd see an actual gain in performance especially at short-range (200-yds) with super-tight groups. But back at 600 we'd start seeing random fliers hit at 10 o-clock in the 7-ring which were absolute killers. One or two matches of that nonsense and it was barrel-changing time.

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

First; Happy Birthday to the girl!

Second; I h8 you for being able to golf with Rob! :P

Third; Weird how it was performing at a high level right before it failed, but I've seen this before in other things. When I was into competitive rifle shooting, we'd keep track of our shot count so we could plan on when it would be time to replace the barrel. Our original count used to be 5,000 rounds, but as we began to see over time was it was more like 3,500. When a barrel was on the verge of wearing out (the throat gets worn away), we'd see an actual gain in performance especially at short-range (200-yds) with super-tight groups. But back at 600 we'd start seeing random fliers hit at 10 o-clock in the 7-ring which were absolute killers. One or two matches of that nonsense and it was barrel-changing time.

My guess on the reason it was performing better was that as the material was being compromised, it allowed the face to flex more. This raises the COR and increases performance. Then as the material became too thin, it cracked under the stress of impact.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My guess on the reason it was performing better was that as the material was being compromised, it allowed the face to flex more. This raises the COR and increases performance. Then as the material became too thin, it cracked under the stress of impact.

I agree. Sounds totally logical. I hope this is an exception more than a rule...though there have been at least 2 reports of this same thing happening... :mellow:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

Archived