TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 US OPEN

revkev

Fire Joe Buck and hire this guy!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

You still behind that threesome Stroker?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have already killed Winged Foot once before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attended that Open also.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

That's the thing...then the wind isn't as big of a factor. With no grass the margin for problems is tiny.

Unplayable this afternoon. If they want to protect the game, simply cut the fairways and greens longer. I'm talking like Old Tom Morris days length. These guys wouldn't know what to do.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Love Phil but he should absolutely be DQ'ed for this.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

When I first seen it, I thought it was practice.

I have never seen anything like that before.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

This one isn't for the faint of heart. *warning explicit language* but gosh darn funny!

https://instagram.com/p/BkGnV67AsLh/

Jim Brockmire does golf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

He knew the rules and used it to his advantage. Can't fault that, to be honest. Especially in this tournament.

I agree 100% with this statement. My old Football coach use to tell the Oline to hold because “if you ain't cheating you ain't trying”.

However, I think Phil stuck it to the USGA on this. And I love it!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I seem to recall there have been rules issues on several US Opens. Not sure if the answer, but looking to be courses, instead of resurrecting old might be a start.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Goes to show how knowing the rules s d using to your advantage pays off.

USGA once again ruins a great course in en effort to make this tourney a “true test”

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I don't get why some people think the course is bullshit. I think it's awesome and opens up another level of challenge and gives the tour players a reasonable challenge to test their skills. Everyone struggles and it makes it fun and entertaining to watch.

Regardless..Phil knew the rules and what he's doing. Simple as that. He played it to his advantage bcause the course allowed him to exploit it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

He did not know the rule according to his playing partner. He made that up as damage control. He should own what he did and move on. He was pissed, thought it was bullshit and let his frustration get the better of him period. The USGA won't DQ him b/c they are scared of more bad press. He needs to own it, and apologize. No one will talk about after that.

Not sure how Phil's play gained him any "advantage". His score for the hole, including the 2 shot penalty, was a 10.

He lay 5 and was putting for 6. Had he let the ball come to rest naturally, somewhere off the front of the green, he would then be laying 6 and most likely finished the hole with a score of 8 or 9.

We wouldn't know the outcome had he let it run down off the green. Say if he did and he faced a difficult uphill putt and leaves it short, the ball rolls back down. Hits too hard and ball goes past the hole and he faces another downhill putt situation risking the ball running off the green again.

Seems like he did what he did because he didn't want to face a much difficult putt up the hill so he somewhat played it to his advantage. Which is a weak move in that way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My 2 cents: he made a stroke at a moving ball = 2 stroke penalty, the end.

Chamblee not only crying for DQ, but is acting like Phil punched Jack in the face or p*ssed on AP's grave. Went on to say that his comments after 2014 Ryder Cup overshadowed Europe's win. What???

When I first seen it, I thought it was practice.

I have never seen anything like that before.

John Daly did the same thing in 1999 at the US Open at Pinehurst.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I get both perspectives, but everything was done within the rules so I am with Phil on this one. If anything, it's a little jab at the USGA poking at the course setup. Whenever you can use the rules to your advantage, do it. This game (with its rules) is hard enough already.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I'd love to know the numbers for morning vs afternoon but I'm too lazy to do it right now. I'd guess most of these came from the afternoon.

Of the 66 rounds today, 26 were 77(+7) or worse. 19 rounds were 78(+8) or worse. And 8 were 80(+10) or worse.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

This one isn't for the faint of heart. *warning explicit language* but gosh darn funny!

https://instagram.com/p/BkGnV67AsLh/

I was laughing out loud at this! Rippin' bangers!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

So many people saying to DQ him, it's ridiculous. Rules are set for a reason, and if he happens to use those rules to his advantage, what's the harm in that? It's not like he was in contention.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Ok so I stumbled across it.

There were 5 rounds under or at par today and none of them teed off after 11:08am.

The first 11 groups had a scoring avg of 73.6. The last 11 groups(the leaders) had a scoring avg of 77.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I think the DQ for hitting a moving ball is more for when you hit/block a playing competitor's ball, or maybe if it would've resulted in a hole-out. I don't think he really saved himself any strokes this way. 2 stroke penalty is fair and adequate.

They didn't DQ him because the rule states if you strike a ball in motion it is a 2 stroke penalty. If he would have stopped the ball it would have been a DQ.

Next subject.

Dead on it!! I looked it up myself a few minutes ago--- that is exactly how I read and interpreted it 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

He did not know the rule according to his playing partner. He made that up as damage control. He should own what he did and move on. He was pissed, thought it was bullshit and let his frustration get the better of him period. The USGA won't DQ him b/c they are scared of more bad press. He needs to own it, and apologize. No one will talk about after that.

In the interview I saw last night he did "apologize if he offended anyone". Yeah he was steamed and he is human too. In all honesty I would have done the same thing not to circumnavigate any rule but out of frustration

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Goes to show how knowing the rules s d using to your advantage pays off.

USGA once again ruins a great course in en effort to make this tourney a “true test”

LOL last night TGC was streaming Twitter feeds on the bottom of the screen and someone said "The USGA could screw up Christmas" I cracked up :lol:

G

In the interview I saw last night he did "apologize if he offended anyone". Yeah he was steamed and he is human too. In all honesty I would have done the same thing not to circumnavigate any rule but out of frustration

I'm with you. To me I don't care that he did it, hate the BS excuse. Own it and move on. The USGA is a joke, everyone would understand. Now unfortunately, the cover story is what people are talking about, not the actual act itself.

Not in the spirit of the game IMO, regardless of the penalty. Deliberately trying to influence a ball in motion for the sole purpose of not wanting to play a ball as it lies is pretty low for any golfer, but completely unacceptable for a professional. Luckily he did the right thing and withdrew.

Not in the spirit of the game IMO, regardless of the penalty. Deliberately trying to influence a ball in motion for the sole purpose of not wanting to play a ball as it lies is pretty low for any golfer, but completely unacceptable for a professional. Luckily he did the right thing and withdrew.

I totally agree with you as in "not in the spirit of the game"--- Now I am watching the reruns of the GC telecast and I have not seen yet that he withdrew. Seems like every year lately the "story" has not been about the golf itself but in how the USGA has screwed up this time which BTW is "par for the course" for them. Seems every year they have more controversy in this one event than they have in all professional tour events on all the tours all year combined. I am about 50/50 on whether I will waste the time to watch it this afternoon

G

Ok so I stumbled across it.

There were 5 rounds under or at par today and none of them teed off after 11:08am.

The first 11 groups had a scoring avg of 73.6. The last 11 groups(the leaders) had a scoring avg of 77.

isnt that just luck though, day 2 the morning was wet and windy, afternoon dry warm and no wind

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

This tournament seems to be getting s lot more flack than previous opens.

1. The “fans”

2. The “Conditions”

3. The “fans”

4. “Phil”

5. “DJ vs the F'ing Hill”

I think the USGA has a lot of crap to explain, mostly the stupid a$$ people heckling Players at a major. This is a disgrace to golf, more so than Phil getting mad over a cement green.

They need to do something and quick. You can hear every cuss word from any fan standing within ear shot of a mic.

It sounded like a Kid Rock concert out there yesterday.

Archived