2018 US OPEN

revkev

Wind, hard greens, one HAS to hit spots 3'x3'?!?!?! Yeahhhhhhhh, NO. Ain't nobody breaking 100. They've already proven that years ago with the Golf Digest/Golf Magazine sweeps. Play Monday, Pros tees, break 100. I think one guy did it in all of the tries. If a Top five golfer in the WORLD shoots 80, NOOOOOOOOOBODY on here's breaking 100.

Now, get off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Anybody want a #SpyStaffSlam Update?

Ok, here's a quick #SpyStaffSlam update.

Apologies but I won't have any advanced analytics available this time around. Being out of town means I was unable to handjam the picks before the US Open started. This way might be better anyway because, while stats are sacrificed, it's less work.

We had about 820 entries but I'm sure roughly 10% will be DQ'd for invalid or duplicate entries. This means it's a smaller pool so your odds just got a little better. As we learned from The Masters, you're dead without the winner unless something crazy happens. Out of the entries, here's how many chose from those currently near the top of the leaderboard:

[1] DJ - 200++

[3] Hoffman - 96

[5] Piercy - 2

[3] Poulter - 59

[1] Rose - 194

[1] Koepka - 27

[2] Fleetwood - 129

[1] Stenson - 29

[4] Henley - 43

[1] Fowler - 97

[Tier]

Aside from DJ, JR, and TF, this is a pretty scarcely-chosen leaderboard. If you've got a name up there, you've got a shot. Still lots of golf to play so let's see where it goes from here! I'm just happy all 5 of my guys made the cut.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Wind, hard greens, one HAS to hit spots 3'x3'?!?!?! Yeahhhhhhhh, NO. Ain't nobody breaking 100. They've already proven that years ago with the Golf Digest/Golf Magazine sweeps. Play Monday, Pros tees, break 100. I think one guy did it in all of the tries. If a Top five golfer in the WORLD shoots 80, NOOOOOOOOOBODY on here's breaking 100.

Now, get off my lawn!

I'm pretty sure Mark Wahlburg broke 100 a few years back on a US Open course within a week of the tourney and he is a 10 handicap who doesn't play the ball down regularly.

Just because its hard doesn't mean its impossible. It's just golf. Hard golf but golf all the same.

• Like 2

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Heck no. I hate cities, well large cities. I live in a very tiny village of 300 ish people in the middle of nowhere.

holler at me if you're ever in central Texas, you'd love it here in Whitney and Blum lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

No kidding loud mouth Yanks, stfu!

Image1529125127.739729.jpg nothing personal man, I just can't resist lol. Especially when she has my Texas on her hat

• Like 3

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can do it. I probably couldn't unless I played well. Especially on the first try. But that would be the way to go about it if I had the bet!

Yea... Cooley can put his money where his mouth is on that one! lol

He's letting his ego get the better of him.

Edit: Give me like 5 chances and I think its a sure thing :D

Yep. I like your chances one out of five for sure. Yep he's an ex NFL plauer, so of course there's going to be a lot of bravado. I just think he's way underestimating how quickly he or any 7 cap could get sideways from the Open tees and to have the touch required to save bogey when he misses those greens on the wrong side.

I'd be interested in watching him try.

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

You sure you aren't thinking of the Foreplay podcast from Barstool? Those guys don't take a whole lot serious.

NLU's podcasts on the other hand are generally interviews with everyone from Rory, to Azinger to Bones, Spieth, JT or golf writers. They are pretty serious about the game and provide some nice insight from the pro's perspective.

I think the NLU podcast dos a great job. The interviews have been really good. It is nice to know the players a little better.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Finally caught up and two thoughts.

One you could take the guys that missed the cut and start another tournament and have a huge draw lol.

As for the weekender breaking 90 under tourny conditions. Go buy lottery tickets. You'll have better odds. If you've ever had the chance to play any course that is tournament ready, you'll gain a lot more respect for how good these guys and gals are on tour compared to us.

Having said that, I'd love to try lol

• Like 3
         Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

If we had thousands of people looking for the wayward tee shots, we could stand a chance. I played my old stomping grounds yesterday, I lost 3 balls that should have been just 2-3 feet off the fairway. Quite annoying, round destroyers.

• Like 1

Not being cocky. But if I wasn't injured. I'm Betting I could break 90 from the members tees there

Under normal conditions I would say yes. Under these conditions I would take the over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Are we talking about Undershooters chances of breaking 100 or 90?

He's breaking 100 every time if he plays smart and 90 most of the time - like 80 percent.

Tony Romo did in fact play one of the open courses from the tips at Bethpage Black. Golf digest had a contest to choose a 10 handicapper who would try to break 100 with the course set up open style the week after the Open itself. He played with 3 celebs, Matt Lauer (no comment), Michael Jordan and Romo.

I don't recall what Romo shot but it was around 80 and perhaps he broke it. I believe Jordan shot in the 90's while Lauer and the lucky winner who was quite ill (dying of cancer) were just north of 100.

I know this because I made several cuts but missed the final 12 whom readers voted for when they determine that my handicap was too low - they wanted someone close to a 10.

At any rate I had my strategy in mind - I was going to find the longest course that I could and work on playing all Par 4's over 400 yards long as if they were par 5's and laying up on par 3's short of the trouble and thick rough.

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

I heard they were considering making all New Yorkers wear those Dog Bark Collars, that shock the bejesus out of you every time you make loud vocalizations.

I like the idea - better than wrist bands.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I'm pretty sure Mark Wahlburg broke 100 a few years back on a US Open course within a week of the tourney and he is a 10 handicap who doesn't play the ball down regularly.

Just because its hard doesn't mean its impossible. It's just golf. Hard golf but golf all the same.

1. I did say one guy did it

2. One guy did it

3. 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

1. I did say one guy did it

2. One guy did it

3. 1

If I could get a all expenses trip to The Hamptons I'd give it a go. [emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 2

Anyone on sight? How's the weather and course conditions today?

Windy and fast. I am not there but have a few buddies that are.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* MMT 60x

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* MMT 70x

:callaway-small: Apex UW 17* HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 6.5

:callaway-small: X Forged UT 24* MMT 105TX

:callaway-small: Apex Pro 5 - AW Steelfiber 115x

:callaway-small: PM Grind 2.0 54* $ 58* KBS $ Taper 120 Black

:ping-small: B90

Are we talking about Undershooters chances of breaking 100 or 90?

He's breaking 100 every time if he plays smart and 90 most of the time - like 80 percent.

Tony Romo did in fact play one of the open courses from the tips at Bethpage Black. Golf digest had a contest to choose a 10 handicapper who would try to break 100 with the course set up open style the week after the Open itself. He played with 3 celebs, Matt Lauer (no comment), Michael Jordan and Romo.

I don't recall what Romo shot but it was around 80 and perhaps he broke it. I believe Jordan shot in the 90's while Lauer and the lucky winner who was quite ill (dying of cancer) were just north of 100.

I know this because I made several cuts but missed the final 12 whom readers voted for when they determine that my handicap was too low - they wanted someone close to a 10.

At any rate I had my strategy in mind - I was going to find the longest course that I could and work on playing all Par 4's over 400 yards long as if they were par 5's and laying up on par 3's short of the trouble and thick rough.

Yeah. Just so I'm clear. I am not comparing Undershooters chances to 7 handicap radio jock. Not by a long stretch.

I agree on your assesment of his chances.

Yes, it was Bethpage, I was referring to, not Torrey. That's so cool you made so far.

They should have picked you. Imagine the story line they could habe used, saying you'd need some Devine intervention to break 80 or 90. Ha

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Windy and fast. I am not there but have a few buddies that are.

Perfect. This is a great warm up for July's major. I love links golf. Lots of it in que.

• Like 1

271.gif

You don't have to mock me. I was hitting the ball better than I ever have earlier this year.At last give me some credit buddy. Let's just say I would do my best from the senior tees to break 90.If I hit it well and tried my best.If I failed then laugh as much as you want.But what if I did ?

Keep it in the short stuff