Sign in to follow this  

I am looking at buying a set of 2009 Callaway X-Forged or Razr X Forged. I played the 2007 X-Forged but since they were non-conforming, I switched to the Bridgestone J38 Dual Pocket Cavity (great clubs). I have the itch to go back to the Callaway forgings due to their weight (D2) (Bridgestone are a D1). Plus, I really like the look and feel of them.

The Question:

The 2009 X-Forged has grooves that are spaced "normal" but the Razr X Forged has the tightly spaced conforming grooves. Are the tighter grooves good or bad? (I've heard they don't change much) Additionally, does anyone know if the 2009 X-Forged (Version 2 on USGA Conforming Database) from Callaway have conforming grooves. The USGA database says additional testing required (ATR).

If you have any input on how tighter grooves play it would be appreciated. I remember the conversations about it back in the day but I can't seem to find anything about it now.

I'm a 5 handicap FYI.

Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    mikestar

• By GySgtFTL
      Callaway Apex CF16 Forged Iron Set 3-AW 
      Sold.

• By MikeyStash
      Driver - Ping G410 9°, Projext X Evenflow Black 75 6.5
      3W (Changing soon)- TaylorMade M1 2017 HL 17°, Kuro Kage Stiff
      Hybrid - TaylorMade SLDR 21° Fujikara Speeder 82 Stiff
      Irons - Callaway Apex Pro 16 (4-GW), KBS Tour 120
      Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy Fordged: 54° and 56° (Bent to 58°), KBS Wedge
      Putter - TaylorMade Spider Mini 36”
      Ball - Vice Pro
    • By bdreit76
      Driver- Ping G400 SFT Regular Flex
      3W- Ping G Stiff Flex
      3Hy- Ping G400 Extra Stiff Flex
      4-PW - Callaway XR OS irons Regular Flex (Graphite)
      50, 56, 60 Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 3 
      Putter- Ping Sigma G Piper 3 
      Balls- Snell MTB X Optic Yellow
      Shoes- Ecco Biom 2
                   Under Armour Spieth 2
      In a years time I’ve cut my average score down about 20-25 strokes per round. Shot an 88 yesterday on one of the tougher courses around my way.  Would have been low 80’s if I didn’t get 3 penalties on two of the last three holes. So actually really happy with how far I’ve come in a years time.  
    • By knightrider
      Hey Y'all,
      First time to the forum and I'm starting this thread fairly selfishly, but could be cool to see what everyone's recommendations for upgrades would be!
      Currently playing a set of Mizuno MP60's that I bought used about 10 years ago....long time.
      I always buy used clubs cause prices are just too crazy for me (still waiting on that lottery ticket to hit for that custom fitting experience).
      My question is: What would be y'all's recommendations for an iron set that's comparable to the MP 60's (I love the thin topline and forged heads), but a  newer set would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Not too loyal to any brands but really interested to see what I should give a few whacks at my local golf store. 
      Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing what everyone's playing and what everyone's drooling over. 
      P.S.    I've been looking at the Titelist AP2's
      Cheers Y'all!!!
    • By Mitchdpg
      For sale: 
      Mizuno 919 Forged 4-PW in Mint/Excellent Condition (played 5 rounds with them)
      Lofts:
      Custom ordered 1 degree weak of Mizuno Standard (ex: 6 iron 29 degrees, 7 iron 33 degrees, 8 iron 37 degrees, 9 iron 42 degrees, PW custom 46 degrees)
      Lie: 2 degrees flat 
      Shaft:
      DG X100 (not tipped, 1/4" short of Mizuno Standard)
      Condition: 
      Like new, used for 5 18 hole rounds last fall
      Price:
      Bought brand new with original box and spec sheet last fall for $1150.00.  
      Selling Price $799.99+ shipping via PayPal or Venmo (note: email me at mitchdpg@gmail.com if interested)

Mizuno: 
      With a new back milled club face, the JPX919 Forged iron golf club is Mizuno's fastest ever forging in measured ball speed. Balanced with Mizuno's trademark workability and elevated Grain Flow Forged HD feedback - the JPX919 Forged is also Mizuno's most versatile iron. In the hands of a tour player searching for a distance equalizer or an amateur wanting feedback to evolve their game - the streamlined JPX919 Forged delivers on every level.

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!