Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ian Poulter's Winning Clubs

Moecat

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/02/winning-clubs-ian-poulter-wgc-accenture-match-play-championship.html

6a00d8341caaef53ef0120a8c075ac970b-500wi

Here is a complete list of the clubs Ian Poulter used to win the 2010 WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship:

DRIVER: King Cobra ZL (9.5°) with a Fujikura 6.0 Motore Speeder X shaft

FAIRWAY WOOD: Titleist 909F2 (13.5°) with a Fujikura Rombax 7X07 shaft, Titleist 906F2 (18°) with a Grafalloy ProLite 35 shaft

HYBRID: Titleist 909H (21°) with an Aldila NV Hybrid 85 X shaft

IRONS: King Cobra Pro CB (4-7), Pro MB (8-PW) with True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts

WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled C-C (54°, 60°)

PUTTER: Rife Antigua

BALL: Titleist Pro V1x

I have been thinking about picking up the Cobra Pro CB to put into my bag this year and just looking at the pics of those makes me want them even more. Congrats to Poulter on a great match play event. He played tremendously well over the week.

• SPY VIP

Still think it is one of the best looking sets out there.

I have been thinking about picking up the Cobra Pro CB to put into my bag this year and just looking at the pics of those makes me want them even more. Congrats to Poulter on a great match play event. He played tremendously well over the week.

#TruthDigest

I have to agree as well,I've been wanting to hit the MB's but looking at the cb's , it might serve me better to play a combo type set -up. Are these Endo forged?

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I wonder if his Pro CBs are any different from the retail version - perhaps a thinner top line and less offset? Having demo'd a 6 iron some time ago, I found it very easy to hit for an iron in the "players" category.

I wonder if his Pro CBs are any different from the retail version - perhaps a thinner top line and less offset? Having demo'd a 6 iron some time ago, I found it very easy to hit for an iron in the "players" category.

I believe that almost 90% of the Tour players irons are nothing like the retail irons that we see! when it comes to forging(where their's may be ENDO or Miura)and retails will be done in China, grinds(their's are all custom). Or others will just be 1 of proto's that have the same type of stamping. Example: lets say Titleist 690.cb's. I just seen a set of Tour Issued set for sale that were some tour players back up set. Well in the cavity it said 690cb and the head looked like the Miura split cb. All I know it wasn't the same as my retail 690cb that I owned. That's just one example but we've all seen Freddy Couples irons and their never what they say he's playing, or atleast not the retail offering! Maybe I'm exaggerating with 90% but I'll bet the upper tier of players are getting whatever they want.tweaked,tweaked and more......tweaking lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Cobra has been making great looking clubs for years....going back to the Mild Steel Heads and the Norman Frind Irons. I would love to get my hands on aan MB/Pro-CB Combo Set, but we all have dreams. More recently, the SS Forges Darren Clark used was another nice set as well.

The MB's are nice. The CB's are LONG. Nice set of irons. And they make a good driver now as well.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Nice looking sticks... That is disheartening to hear from TWShoot67 that we could never get the same quality retail :lol:

I am waiting for Poulter to get some pink in the bag. He's got it everywhere else...

Sorry maybe I should have clarified. There are some great OEM's out there who still make irons that are very similar to retail irons and in fact I'm sure someone here can elaborate of that issue. I know that B-stone is one of the better iron makers out there that uses ENDO to forge their retail irons just like their pro's get except maybe for players like FREDDY COUPLES and NICK PRICE. Heck I remember having a chance at picking up a set of B-Stones that were made for Will McKenzie and they have the J33 on the back but they were nothing like the J33 you buy off the shelves. When I say that your not going to get the same as Ian Poulter what I mean is your probably not getting same mold, you might be getting lucky and Cobra's irons may be forged by same house but that I'm not 100% sure about so I won't state it as fact. What I do know is I have seen several irons that have been made for specific players as mentioned above and they were nothing like what these companies sell on the shelf. That's not to say there still not a few great irons makers out there who sell QUALITY RETAIL EQUIPMENT! Sorry if I made you feel like we still can't get great retail products. we just have to do our homework.... plus you should get fit PROPERLY anyways!!

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Those Cobra Irons are quite sweet. It will be interesting to see where the Cobra players all end up now that Cobra has suspended Tour operations.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Staying with the pro model vs. public model, do we have any specs on his putter? Standard retail seems unlikely.

Great Question. You would think that an Acushnet player would be rolling Scott Cameron. I wonder how good that Rife putter really is. We have a bunch of them in the shop, and I am none too impressed. (they are putters after all..)

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Great Question. You would think that an Acushnet player would be rolling Scott Cameron. I wonder how good that Rife putter really is. We have a bunch of them in the shop, and I am none too impressed. (they are putters after all..)

Is Poulter known for his putting? Some pros can putt lights out with a tin can on a pool cue. Not that Rife is cheap in manufacture. I am just looking to credit the "archer or the arrow"

I think that Rife does have a larger presence on the Euro Tour.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Definitely good looking, and they feel awesome. There was a set in the shop that I used to work at, and whenever it was dead, that was the set that I would take into the "range room" and beat into the net.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived