TESTERS WANTED! ×

Playing fast, hitting up on people.

Wtwilkes

I usually trust my instinct on whether or not I feel they are far enough out of range visually. But when in doubt I just pull out my range finder and aim it at them to get a more accurate distance.

Even if I do end up hitting it up to them, I just apologize for misjudging.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

In answer to the OP, you need to account for your typical best.  In the case you stated, I tee off since 300 yards is beyond my capabilities - downhill with a tailwind.  I suspect all of us however are guilty of a second or third shot that gets close to or runs up onto the green with the group ahead still playing.  As a general rule, I just wait even though 7/10 times it's unlikely I really flush one.  On occasion, a playing partner might say "you should be OK to hit".  If I'm not comfortable with doing so, I don't. It's simply not worth the risk of someone getting hurt.

Then there are those who hit into the group ahead in order to send a message - speed up play.  Big no-no.  If I'm the recipient, the ensuing discussion will not be pleasant.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Ahhh... perhaps I'm missing something. You hit the ball 314 yards and they were on the green 345 yards away. When I do that math you didn't hit into them. You didn't see them so perhaps a comment of "Sorry, I didn't see you," but that's not hitting into them as far as I'm concerned. If they were not on the green than that's different.

My group is one of the fastest playing groups on the course. We play ready golf and even without trying we complete a round in closer to 3 hours than 4 if no one is in front of us. This is why most of the other groups pick tee times right after us rather than before. They know we will not hold them up, but they will hold us up.

The general rule we go by is we do not tee off until they are on the green and don't hit our second shots until they are at the next tee box, even on par 5's unless it is a definite lay up. There are a number of blind tee shots on our course, and if you know someone is in front of you, you don't hit until you know where they are.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived