Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Long Drive Drivers

gdiddy

The owner has a board on primetimegolf.com. I have yet to try their stuff, but he seems like a good guy.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

There is probably no one in the component industry who has created more heated arguments, confusion and general chaos in golf forums world wide, than the owner of SMT. When it comes to the company and him, it is either a hate em or love em stance people take…I cannot think of anyone who has taken a middle of the road approach to them.

I once used to be close to him and was one of their earliest and biggest supporters…but after a years of issues both personal and professional that I won't go into, I chose not to carry his product line….pretty much the ONLY component company we will not carry.

The decision was based on ethical issues which I feel compromise the integrity and prosperity of the component industry.

There is probably no one in the component industry who has created more heated arguments, confusion and general chaos in golf forums world wide, than the owner of SMT. When it comes to the company and him, it is either a hate em or love em stance people take…I cannot think of anyone who has taken a middle of the road approach to them.

I once used to be close to him and was one of their earliest and biggest supporters…but after a years of issues both personal and professional that I won't go into, I chose not to carry his product line….pretty much the ONLY component company we will not carry.

The decision was based on ethical issues which I feel compromise the integrity and prosperity of the component industry.

Well That sound s like a great story to hear but not live. With that said is their Sh$t any good or are they just another hype machine? Will I regret doing business with them for a driver head? I don't think I would buy their accessories Like a $59.99 glove with life time warranty wtf who would do that.

To get to the piont I need a driver that has some work ability but more forgiveness do you have any suggestions?

Well That sound s like a great story to hear but not live. With that said is their Sh$t any good or are they just another hype machine? Will I regret doing business with them for a driver head? I don't think I would buy their accessories Like a $59.99 glove with life time warranty wtf who would do that.

To get to the piont I need a driver that has some work ability but more forgiveness do you have any suggestions?

Their product line is fine…nothing really great or cutting edge…but nothing from the lower end either. So I would say mid level quality overall…and the close out prices he is blowing heads out now might provide you a good opportunity to try a component head, with limited investment risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadlowski currently uses the 9064LD, last season he was using the 9032LD. Historically, there are generally a few companies that come to mind. Krank Golf, Bang Golf, Geek Golf, and Alpha. The big name in Longdrive, though? That goes to a shaft manufacturer, and that's House of Forged. The heads might differ, but HOF is the name on a bunch of the shafts used in the ReMax competitions.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

The LDA competition is not so much about brand, it's the player.

It became very evident after the Mobley incident a few years ago, that brand means little more than artificial bragging rights and advertising to a public that does not know how or what goes on the LDA circuit.

This holds true in heads as well as shafts...the HOF is a fine shaft. Nothing really special when compared to many others...but they dispense free shafts to as many players as humanly possible. So the likelihood of their shaft succeeding assured.

We were at Mesquite a year ago and they were literally walking around to everyone and giving free shafts to as many competitors they could...like human Pez dispensers.

brand means little more than artificial bragging rights and advertising to a public that does not know how or what goes on the LDA circuit.

This holds true in heads as well as shafts

This isn't just relegated to the LDA, it's all professional golf tours, as well. If it weren't, why does Alpha, Bang, Geek, Scratch, Fourteen, Miura, et al have such followings?

This isn't just relegated to the LDA, it's all professional golf tours, as well. If it weren't, why does Alpha, Bang, Geek, Scratch, Fourteen, Miura, et al have such followings?

True!

Archived