Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
tttullyt

Srixon zstar vs Titlest prov

Looking for thoughts/opinions on why you prefer either over the other. I will play all different brands but definitely like the pro v1s as of late.

Picked up some Zstars this week and looking forward to try them out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looking for thoughts/opinions on why you prefer either over the other. I will play all different brands but definitely like the pro v1s as of late.

Picked up some Zstars this week and looking forward to try them out.

I've played prov1x and srixon z star xv and personally like the srixon more. It was longer off the tee and had about the same control around the greens

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Switched to Srixon Z star some months back from Pro V1. I feel like I get the same distance off the driver with less side spin on all shots. The Z Star performs in the South Texas winds much better for me than the Pro V1.

• Like 2

Both are great balls - our opinions are meaningless beyond that because you don't know our game and we don't know yours.

Try them and see which you prefer for your game.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Both are great balls - our opinions are meaningless beyond that because you don't know our game and we don't know yours.

Try them and see which you prefer for your game.

Agreed, but I was just asking for thoughts/opinions. I like to take multiple factors into account and add that to my experience. Thank you for the reply.

• Like 2

Be open and give the Snell MTB Black or Red a try. I just completed testing of the Reds and found that they have similar characteristics to the PV1 and are way less expensive. For me though, I tried the Blacks and those were better suited to my style. You can get a test pack that has both flavors delivered for less than $32.00.

https://www.snellgolf.com/collections/all/products/mtb-test-pack-golf-balls?variant=4722213257257

Just a thought and Rev is 100% spot-on as usual. Whatever we play and or "pimp" may not suit you at all. Fun to talk about though.

• Like 2

Currently you can get the Srixon Zstars for $20/dozen......at that price there is n9 reason to not try them out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

My buddy bright me a sleeve of the srixon X back from Japan and I loved it. I have found it one places online but he said they should either be in the states next year as themselves or next year's XVs. They were very long and had amazing control around the green.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love the Z-star's. They are my favorite ball to play, but half of that comes from them being available in yellow.

I like the Srixon yellow better than the Callaway or bridgestone yellow. The Z-star's feel a little softer than the Bridgestone B series, and almost as soft add the chrome soft's.

I have no comparison to proV, I know they are great, but I have a dislike of their business practices and don't play their product. I'd say that for an easy 15 years ProV was steps better than the field. Now, I think the field has caught up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I love the Z-star's. They are my favorite ball to play, but half of that comes from them being available in yellow.

I like the Srixon yellow better than the Callaway or bridgestone yellow. The Z-star's feel a little softer than the Bridgestone B series, and almost as soft add the chrome soft's.

I have no comparison to proV, I know they are great, but I have a dislike of their business practices and don't play their product. I'd say that for an easy 15 years ProV was steps better than the field. Now, I think the field has caught up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I love the yellow too. My whole life I never played anything other than a white ball. Found a yellow last fall, played 2 rounds with it, bought a dozen the next day.

Back to original, I'm a Srixon guy myself, just like the feel and the price over the ProV's

• Like 1

I've played prov1x and srixon z star xv and personally like the srixon more. It was longer off the tee and had about the same control around the greens

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I'm currently playing both, but found the srixon better around the greens (just). Couldn't really tell the difference between the 2 off the tee. For anyone wanting a slightly cheaper ($55-60/dozen in Australia, versus $75 for Pro V1X), the Srixon Z-Star (both variants) is certainly worth considering.

• Like 2

They're both extremely good balls, and I could easily play both.

After playing ProV for a long time, I've been playing the Z Stars the past 7 years or so because of the yellow color

• Like 1

Currently you can get the Srixon Zstars for $20/dozen......at that price there is n9 reason to not try them out.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I think this would be the swaying factor for me. Both balls are excellent but getting the Srixon fir $20 is criminal.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

This is just personal preference, but I believe the Srixon Z star have a higher compression and harder cover than the Pro V1, thus making them feel firmer. However, the firmer cover could be added durability. That could have an effect on green side spin, but it just comes down to personal preference. Do you like a softer or firmer golf ball from tee to green? 

• Like 1

... The ZStar was my favorite ball before finding the TP5x. The ZStar is just a great ball that does everything well at a great price. Although if the ProV1 was the exact same price I would have to do a ball to ball comparison as the last time I played a ProV1 it spun too much off short irons for me, but that was over 10 years ago.

... I do find most premium balls perform very, very close these days and it comes down to personal preference with a few exceptions like the TP5x and Kirkland 4 piece a little longer than others. I am playing some Callaway Chrome Tour balls from Japan I picked up from MG Golf for $19.99 a dozen and they sold out quickly. CUT Blue, Kirkland 3 and 4 piece, ZStar and various MG Callaway over runs all for around $20 or less. There are just so many outstanding balls for bargain prices these days I don't know why anyone would buy ProV1's. 

https://www.mggolf.com/golf-balls-other/

• Like 3