TESTERS WANTED! ×

Gallery Complaint Thread [merged]

A.P.

I'm not known amongst my friends for proper behavior or appropriate speech, but one area I'm particular about is etiquette and not being a jerk on purpose.

The gallery at Shinnecock was irritating, irresponsible, and idiotic. Most of the comments seemed to be self-satisfying and immature, and the timing of many were pretty outlandish. Good example was some dude yelling something stupid right as DJ approached his putt on 18.

Given that social responsibility and adult behavior are no longer valued, should the rules be more specific to gallery behavior? I'd expect to be kicked out if I yelled something stupid at a golfer with the purpose of being offensive, or yelled anything during the 60 seconds before their shot. If you are on the course, you should operate under the same rules as if you would playing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G400MAX Driver 10.5* w/ Kuro Kage S

:callaway-small:  XR16 3W w/ MF AT S

:callaway-small:  XR OS 19* Hybrid w/ FS Evolution II 565

:titelist-small:  4-PW AP3 w/ TT AMT Black

:vokey-small:   SM6 50.8 F w/ TT Dynamic Gold

:callaway-small: MD3 56.12 W w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Tommy Armour Impacty Series #3 Alignment Putter

Ogio GROM Black

Welcome to Long Island.

Man I can't wait for the PGA at Bethpage next year or the Ryder Cup at Bethpage for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

It was annoying hearing it on T.V. so I can imaging what the players thought.  I think I even heard one lady yell baba-boey!  My wife asked me why somebody yelled mash potatoes and all I could say was, "it was probably somebody that had too much to drink and wanted to go home and say did you hear me on T.V."!  I am all for cheering but yelling something stupid like "Get in the Hole" on the tee of a par 5 in ridiculous.

Personally I think listening to Joe Buck wasn't exactly the lesser of two evils though.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

It was annoying hearing it on T.V. so I can imaging what the players thought. I think I even heard one lady yell baba-boey! My wife asked me why somebody yelled mash potatoes and all I could say was, "it was probably somebody that had too much to drink and wanted to go home and say did you hear me on T.V."! I am all for cheering but yelling something stupid like "Get in the Hole" on the tee of a par 5 in ridiculous.

Personally I think listening to Joe Buck wasn't exactly the lesser of two evils though.

To defend my area. Both of those are yelled at every PGA event no matter where it is. Along with go in the hole on every tee shot on a par 5.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

To defend my area. Both of those are yelled at every PGA event no matter where it is. Along with go in the hole on every tee shot on a par 5.

I don't think it's your area that is being singled out. This horse s**t is beyond childish.... and should not be tolerated anywhere. The USGA can make the course damned near unplayable,, but it can't control these overgrown children?

I apologize if I made it sound like it was your area as that is not what I meant.  It is a problem everywhere and is getting out of hand.  At first it was mildly amusing but hearing some idiot yelling "How is your ankle?" to Tony Finau after his final approach to 18 today was inappropriate at best.  

I have said it before and I will say it again.  I remember my first beer!

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Golf is no longer ‘sitting on my hands' 1960ish country club entertainment. This has gone main stream. Found it refreshing hearing the banter

Loved it

I have no problem with the loud crowds and cheering.  My only problem is all the immature people coming up with different ways to scream "Look at me I need attention!"  I know the days of the golf clap and nice shot/putt are gone unfortunately.

I have no problem with the loud crowds and cheering.  My only problem is all the immature people coming up with different ways to scream "Look at me I need attention!"  I know the days of the golf clap and nice shot/putt are gone unfortunately.

I actually loved it. Really made me feel

Like this was a true sporting event. Need more banter like this x1000

Keep it in the short stuff

I don't mind a rowdy crowd. If the crowd wants to try to give some home field advantage in a Ryder Cup, fine. I'd expect it to work the other way on the other side of the pond. But most of the yelling right after a shot has nothing to do with anything other than “look at me look at me look at me! Right now!”

Start sending them home and it will stop really quickly.

Edit: I'd rather listen to vuvuzelas at a World Cup.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Things like this are yelled at every sporting event, the difference is that in golf there are moments of demanded quiet and then loud moments where specific comments can be picked up.

The loud, boisterous environment makes it fun and enjoyable to watch and help show that the game is accessible and moving beyond the “stuffy” stereotype. I do agree, that specific phrases are uncalled for and make the event less fun or appealing.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

All boils down to the committees that run the tournaments. Have your marshalls point out the trouble makers and remove them and it'll improve

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

A year ago I would have answered no to this question but with the way the galleries have become loud and disrespectful at times, I am curious how the good people of MGS feel and what their thoughts are on this question.

Is the pursuit to "Grow the Game" coming at a cost to the rules, etiquette, and spirit of the Game?

"Growing the game" is a great slogan but a bunch of crap. Other than the kids programs, what has the USGA really done to "Grow the Game"? Come up with slogans like, PLAY 9 or PLAY IT FORWARD.

Oh, wait, the new rules they are adopting in January of 2019 will make the official rules closer to what most weekend golfers have been doing for years.

Their equipment rules are about as laughable as their US Open set ups and their stance  on distance, or should I say stances. One year they say that golf is too hard so we need to "Play It Forward" and then the next year they say that the "The Ball is traveling too far and needs to be dialed back." So which is it, move up to shorter tees, or is the ball traveling too far.

By changing the grooves on wedges, they can reduce the spin and get players to throttle back and stay in the fairway. How's that workin' out for 'em?

Also, there was nothing wrong with the long putters, until someone won the US Open with one, then it becomes against the very founding tenants of the game, except that no where had that EVER been regulated.

Then after 118 years of setting up courses for the "national championship" they intentionally make the course unplayable so that the players look like idiots. And then a player fed up with the course set up acts like an idiot, knowingly violates one of the rules and excepts the penalty, and he is lauded as ruining the integrity of the game.

My opinion is that the integrity of the game was brought into question when they choose hole locations and green speeds where they had to know could not be played in the conditions that prevail in the area. The course should be set up so that everyone has the same opportunity to showcase their abilities rather than those who play well on Thursday and Friday are "penalized" by playing later in the day on Saturday when the conditions AND THE SET UP cause the greens to become untenable. This is not like some storm moved in and changed the conditions. This was the sun came out and the wind blew. ON THE COAST, the sun came out and the wind blew. If this was beyond their control than why didn't we see the same thing today.

Yesterday's round was not about how Finau and Berger played such a great round, while they did play well, not saying they did not. But by shooting just 4 under par they went from T45 to T1. Mainly, by playing worse on Thursday and Friday. Not through phenomenal play, but simply really good play less than ideal conditions. But 3 hours later when the leaders were finishing up, the greens were so slick no one could putt. Fleetwood today was phenomenal, yet even as well as he played that was not good enough to win because the course was much more playable for the leaders.

So some yahoo gets a little liquor in him and yells "Bababoeeee!" is just a jerk and only embarrasses himself. He may or may not even play golf, but that does nothing to the integrity of the game. Everyone I talked to at my course this morning seemed to think the USGA was the laughing stock not the crowd yelling or even Phil running and hitting a moving ball.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

I apologize if I made it sound like it was your area as that is not what I meant. It is a problem everywhere and is getting out of hand. At first it was mildly amusing but hearing some idiot yelling "How is your ankle?" to Tony Finau after his final approach to 18 today was inappropriate at best.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I remember my first beer!

This happens at every event and not saying it is right. I think the issue with this event is Fox has a lot more mics near the players than other events. I have been to dozens of pro events all over the country and some of the things I have heard would make a trucker blush.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Anyone want to guess what we'll be debating next year on Monday after the open?

A) Joe Buck and the fox broadcast

B) course setup and difficulty

C) Tiger's runaway win in 2000 and will he do it this year in 2019

It's all so difficult to predict this revolving door of a sports news cycle.

🤦🏼‍♂️

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

And no offense taken. Again just imagine what the Ryder Cup will be like.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Tommy Fleetwood said the galleries were “brilliant” all week. I guess if it doesn't bother the pros why should we care.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Anyone want to guess what we'll be debating next year on Monday after the open?

A) Joe Buck and the fox broadcast

B) course setup and difficulty

C) Tiger's runaway win in 2000 and will he do it this year in 2019

It's all so difficult to predict this revolving door of a sports news cycle.

‍♂

Now that's funny!  Funny, and sadly true.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tommy Fleetwood said the galleries were “brilliant” all week. I guess if it doesn't bother the pros why should we care.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Don't think he was just being pc?

Just like fowler saying the course was great and set up fine today. Pros are expected to say certain things imo

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

"Growing the game" is a great slogan but a bunch of crap. Other than the kids programs, what has the USGA really done to "Grow the Game"? Come up with slogans like, PLAY 9 or PLAY IT FORWARD.

Oh, wait, the new rules they are adopting in January of 2019 will make the official rules closer to what most weekend golfers have been doing for years.

Their equipment rules are about as laughable as their US Open set ups and their stance  on distance, or should I say stances. One year they say that golf is too hard so we need to "Play It Forward" and then the next year they say that the "The Ball is traveling too far and needs to be dialed back." So which is it, move up to shorter tees, or is the ball traveling too far.

By changing the grooves on wedges, they can reduce the spin and get players to throttle back and stay in the fairway. How's that workin' out for 'em?

Also, there was nothing wrong with the long putters, until someone won the US Open with one, then it becomes against the very founding tenants of the game, except that no where had that EVER been regulated.

Then after 118 years of setting up courses for the "national championship" they intentionally make the course unplayable so that the players look like idiots. And then a player fed up with the course set up acts like an idiot, knowingly violates one of the rules and excepts the penalty, and he is lauded as ruining the integrity of the game.

My opinion is that the integrity of the game was brought into question when they choose hole locations and green speeds where they had to know could not be played in the conditions that prevail in the area. The course should be set up so that everyone has the same opportunity to showcase their abilities rather than those who play well on Thursday and Friday are "penalized" by playing later in the day on Saturday when the conditions AND THE SET UP cause the greens to become untenable. This is not like some storm moved in and changed the conditions. This was the sun came out and the wind blew. ON THE COAST, the sun came out and the wind blew. If this was beyond their control than why didn't we see the same thing today.

Yesterday's round was not about how Finau and Berger played such a great round, while they did play well, not saying they did not. But by shooting just 4 under par they went from T45 to T1. Mainly, by playing worse on Thursday and Friday. Not through phenomenal play, but simply really good play less than ideal conditions. But 3 hours later when the leaders were finishing up, the greens were so slick no one could putt. Fleetwood today was phenomenal, yet even as well as he played that was not good enough to win because the course was much more playable for the leaders.

So some yahoo gets a little liquor in him and yells "Bababoeeee!" is just a jerk and only embarrasses himself. He may or may not even play golf, but that does nothing to the integrity of the game. Everyone I talked to at my course this morning seemed to think the USGA was the laughing stock not the crowd yelling or even Phil running and hitting a moving ball.

Absolutely agree - although the guys yelling are still complete idiots (pretty sure I heard someone drop the F-bomb on today's broadcast). No doubt DJ and several others would have played just as well if not better on Saturday, but I can't help feeling bad for Rickie Fowler. Up until Fleetwood's 63, Rickie had the best round of the tournament today and tied his worst career round yesterday. The USGA is a horrible organization that makes horrible decisions all the time.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

This happens at every event and not saying it is right. I think the issue with this event is Fox has a lot more mics near the players than other events. I have been to dozens of pro events all over the country and some of the things I have heard would make a trucker blush.

This was it exactly. I mentionrd it in another post. That course was more mic'd up than Stephen A Smith anytime the ON Air lights go on.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How many threads are we going to have about the idiots in the gallery yelling nonsense? I'm fine discussing it but let's reserve one thread for this.

CobraConnectChallenge3

How many threads are we going to have about the idiots in the gallery yelling nonsense? I'm fine discussing it but let's reserve one thread for this.

54975493.jpg

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Their equipment rules are about as laughable as their US Open set ups and their stance on distance, or should I say stances. One year they say that golf is too hard so we need to "Play It Forward" and then the next year they say that the "The Ball is traveling too far and needs to be dialed back." So which is it, move up to shorter tees, or is the ball traveling too far.

AWESOME WRITEUP!!

Golf is no longer ‘sitting on my hands' 1960ish country club entertainment. This has gone main stream. Found it refreshing hearing the banter

Loved it

I play at a local muni with construction workers and road crew guys swilling cheap whiskey and Busch Light tall cans, talking about each other's mothers and insulting each other's game. What we don't do is (a) talk (let alone yell) when someone is about to swing or putt, and above all (B) we don't talk poorly to strangers on the course. Nothing to do with country clubs or golf claps, everything to do with dignity and respect, especially around a sport that has espoused it longer than most.

:ping-small: G400MAX Driver 10.5* w/ Kuro Kage S

:callaway-small:  XR16 3W w/ MF AT S

:callaway-small:  XR OS 19* Hybrid w/ FS Evolution II 565

:titelist-small:  4-PW AP3 w/ TT AMT Black

:vokey-small:   SM6 50.8 F w/ TT Dynamic Gold

:callaway-small: MD3 56.12 W w/ TT Dynamic Gold

Tommy Armour Impacty Series #3 Alignment Putter

Ogio GROM Black

I'm not sure if it's a geographical or cultural thing and I definitely haven't been to as many tour stops as you...

But on the other side of the pond (with the exception of Ryder Cup) heckling isn't that noticeable. My last visit was at the Porsche European Open last year and your ears wouldn't bleed.

Yeah, you get the standard "get in the hole", but no bababooey nor mashed potatoes.

But yeah, I wish they were all kicked out. Growing the game has nothing to do with behaving like a gang of monkeys on LSD. 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived