TESTERS WANTED! ×

Gallery Complaint Thread [merged]

A.P.

Tommy Fleetwood said the galleries were “brilliant” all week. I guess if it doesn't bother the pros why should we care.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I think for the most part you just have to say that. Now of course they probably were pretty good to Fleet, esp Sunday, but you always have to talk about how good the fans are. And I would imagine by in large the fans were great, but those “yellers” I would imagine don't make it into that brilliant group

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I'm sorry.But tour golf is an entertainment sport just like football/mma fighting/nascar etc.A fan or patron should be able to express their feelings at an open sporting event.If you want golf to be all prestige than make it secluded elitist sport again.The tour is all about tv coverage and big dollar contracts.If an athlete at this level can't handle criticism than this isn't their calling

And why pigeon hole construction workers like the above poster stated?So a construction worker shouldn't even be allowed to be a golfer?

I've been in golf thru many eras.The persimmon to metal wood debates.The square groove controversy etc.I for one am done with the Secluded elitist sport era.Time to get this sport evolving into the modern era.

Keep it in the short stuff

I honestly don't mind an enthusiastic crowd, but the individuals yelling stupid remarks need to be stopped. I can picture some moron yelling something like "how's your ankle" then immediately texting his mouth-breather friends watching the broadcast to see if they heard him and thinking they are cool.

Edit to add that the crowd on 18 when Fleetwood was coming up seemed good to me - they were enthusiastic and clearly knew Tommy had a chance at history. Absolutely nothing wrong with that situation, at least that I heard.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I'm sorry.But tour golf is an entertainment sport just like football/mma fighting/nascar etc.A fan or patron should be able to express their feelings at an open sporting event.If you want golf to be all prestige than make it secluded elitist sport again.The tour is all about tv coverage and big dollar contracts.If an athlete at this level can't handle criticism than this isn't their calling

And why pigeon hole construction workers like the above poster stated?So a construction worker shouldn't even be allowed to be a golfer?

I've been in golf thru many eras.The persimmon to metal wood debates.The square groove controversy etc.I for one am done with the Secluded elitist sport era.Time to get this sport evolving into the modern era.

I have no problem with fans or patrons expressing their feelings toward a shot or player(within reason). Cheer or groan as loud as you want to. Saying things like mashed potatoes, bababooey, or how is your ankle has nothing to do with golf.  I can accept the Get in the Hole since it is golf related but anything else just says "Look at ME!"  

I understand that growing the game may require golf to become more mainstream but why can't it be mainstream while still holding true to the core values that make this sport what it is and has always been. 

As far as I am concerned you can wear whatever you want, play whatever clubs you want, and if playing by yourself or friend, however you want but be respectful to others.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I'd like the meet the men/women yelling stuff. I really don't understand it. I have an idea in my head what they would look like and I'm pretty sure I'm spot on. But I don't get the point of yelling mashed potatoes baba boey get in the hole when off the tee of a long hole. Are they looking for interaction with the golfers? I will say this I do find great enjoyment out of fans yelling get in the sand after Justin Thomas hits.

What do mashed potatoes have to do with anyone's feelings? You may have the right to drink a beer, but ordering one by screaming dilly dilly a microsecond after the ball leaves DJ's club face?

Golf is entertainment. I will agree with that. But it seems we watch for different reasons. I watch it for the golf part, not the drunken obnoxious college guys trying to outfrickingobnox each other. There is no way that this is behavior is adding to the viewership, so this has nothing to do with tv contracts.

99% of all the complaints I have seen have not been about criticism of a player. It is the nonsense babbling after every single shot.

I have reread every post about construction workers and can't seem to find the part about them not being able to golf. I did see something about even some of the roughest talking guys who love to harass each other can restrain themselves when it could be offensive to people outside their group.

I can admit that I have been one of these guys at one point. The setting was a bit different. We were in a bar. My friends brother was playing in a rock band there that night. My drink of choice for the evening was a rusty nail. I might have tried to be the number one fan. On occasion my wife reminds me that I was the number one jackass.

If that kind of behavior is what it takes to move into the modern era, Then I'd be happy hitting rewind.

Again, I haven't seen one request to revert to sipping tea and doing nothing louder than a golf clap. Heck, if Koepka sticks it close on one of the last holes, scream like there was an interception at the goal line with less than a minute left of the Super Bowl. But that is cheering about the golf, not deep fried dill pickles.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

The thing that makes me laugh is majority of golfers and golf fans are white well to do Anglo saxons.These are usually the upper echelons of our communities and leadership rolls.And here they are making near obscene comments in one of the grandest most revered of all golf spectacles.On here it sounds many are shocked by this behavior.Maybe the true colors are starting to show

Keep it in the short stuff

its a cry for attention from people who clearly lack it in their past or present life. They hide in the shadows and within crowds as they clearly know what they do is wrong, in poor taste and juvenile.

I ask you, if there was only 6 people watching some golf stars tee off, on TV, do you think they would still do it?

I seriously doubt you will see this behaviour at the Open at Carnastie this year, if anyone shouts 'nonsense' a few other 'real' fans will probably have a word with them!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

its a cry for attention from people who clearly lack it in their past or present life. They hide in the shadows and within crowds as they clearly know what they do is wrong, in poor taste and juvenile.

I ask you, if there was only 6 people watching some golf stars tee off, on TV, do you think they would still do it?

I seriously doubt you will see this behaviour at the Open at Carnastie this year, if anyone shouts 'nonsense' a few other 'real' fans will probably have a word with them!

I highly doubt it.Remember the year four ‘call girls' dressed up in slinky attire to mock tiger woods.The brits maybe some of the most obnoxious out of control fans.And no fans will have a word with anyone.In today's times people are very unpredictibale.Ive been to sporting events as of late where adult fans got into some major fist fight tussles over nonsense.Many a fan will shy away from any trouble and let the ruckus continue.

The thing that makes me laugh is majority of golfers and golf fans are white well to do Anglo saxons.These are usually the upper echelons of our communities and leadership rolls.And here they are making near obscene comments in one of the grandest most revered of all golf spectacles.On here it sounds many are shocked by this behavior.Maybe the true colors are starting to show

I seriously doubt it was the mayor and city council out there yelling and acting like fools.  These guys were in the white tents acting like fools. :D

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

These people should be getting kicked out. They need staff to throw them out bc the players don't want them there but don't want to be the "bag guy".

:wilson_staff_small: :taylormade-small: :callaway-small:                    

PXG 0211 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik 21* 7W
Taylormade RSi1 5 Iron
Taylormade RSi2 6-PW
Taylormade PSI 50*
Callaway Jaws 54* C Grind
Wilson Staff Infinite Southside
Maxfli Tour

Golfers are really some odd strange old birds aren't they ?

Buddy I've felt this way for a VERRRY long time.

Grown men cat calling golfers as they walk past them. Stupid nicknames and pet names for these players.

The need to get a high five from a golfer as they pass the ropes...I don't know about you but I don't want to be touching strangers.

Adults trampling kids to get their eBay flags autographed.

Golf fans as a whole are great and respectful but there is a growing population of these folks who cannot seem to just attend an event and be a spectator.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I just want someone to bring back the legendary Tiger calls of LIGHT THE CANDLE and YEAH PLAYA... it's all I want.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

This is simply morons trying to get attention or yell something that they can brag about back home. "Did you hear me yell Mashed Potatoes when DJ hit that drive on 14? Yeah, I'm so cool."

The thing is the broadcast could easily edit most of that out. It's not like we are seeing live unedited action on the TV. Fowler does not wait for DJ to hit a drive down the middle before he makes his putt. The announcers may be commenting as they see these shots for the first time, but there is a several second delay between when a player hits a shot, and it shows up on the TV. There has to be in order to keep the action going.

Anyone who has ever been to a tournament knows this is not near as fast paced as it looks on TV.  If they quit broadcasting these idiots voices than it would soon stop.

"Can't do it and still get the same feel for the game." you say? Bull. They could cover this up with a recorded swoosh sound just like the Farmers Insurance commercial that uses the swoosh to play their little jingle. 

The guy in the van that edits and sends the clip to the announcers for broadcast could hit the mute or swoosh button and leave that out. He already has to edit it anyway.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Truly there needs to be some refresh in the video hungry world we live in. Maybe a few drones with laser abilities ready to zap the idiots. I think there is a post somewhere on that subject 🤣. Seriously though those few are creating a negative ripple effect.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Truly there needs to be some refresh in the video hungry world we live in. Maybe a few drones with laser abilities ready to zap the idiots. I think there is a post somewhere on that subject 🤣. Seriously though those few are creating a negative ripple effect.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Speaking of video hungry... the best players in the world are only a few feet away, and people are looking at them through a smart phone. It's pretty damn sad actually. I wish they'd ban phones again from the events. Everyone looks so ridiculous holding their phones up while Tiger, DJ, Phil... just walked right by.

But that video Bro....

I'm originally from New Jersey, albeit that was over 40+ years ago when I left, so I sort of get the New York/Long Island crowds.  That being said, the level of obnoxiousness heard over the Fox broadcast of the US Open was annoying at best, and at worst, insufferable to the point where I wanted to turn it off.  And let's face it, those who excuse away the behavior are part of the problem.  And those that say that the tournament hosts are responsible for ejecting bad behavior are just as culpable honestly.

I was watching Beef try and make a putt on Sunday, and some guy literally had his cellphone ring while Beef is lining up his putt.  Not only did this guy take the call and keep talking, but he refused to switch the phone to vibrate, because it rang AGAIN within 30 seconds of the first call.  The crowd did lay into him a little bit, but where's the public shaming of this kind of behavior?  Why aren't 10 people surrounding someone like this and saying something to him?  Why?  Because if we say something to him, all of a sudden, I am the target of his rage, and a fight breaks out.  Because we've lost decency and civility in public, and there is a lawyer on speed dial if anyone gets harmed or has perceived to be harmed by any party, big or small.

I went to a practice round of the Masters in 2016, where no cellphones are even allowed on the property.  They had security everywhere you went, and even people sitting below the 6th tee, were told to put their shoes back on if they had taken them off.  One dude, went outside the lines on the 5th fairway and was doing handstands for his GoPro video camera.  The security was on him in like 30 seconds.  Bottom line, the Masters doesn't play games with bad behavior.  If they can police the problem away, then so can the USGA, and the PGA Tour.

But excusing the behavior by saying that "it's at every tournament now," is the same as saying you are ok with it, and you are probably one of the morons who screams nonsensical crap on TV just because you are an attention *****.

Honestly none of this will make a difference.  If you are an obnoxious New Yorker today, you'll be one tomorrow, and next year, and so on.  It's in your blood, and it's not your fault, because no one in your circle of life has ever told you you were being a jackass, mostly because everyone you know is also a jackass and acts the same way.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I think the same guys that are doing this, are the same ones that would sue their parents if they got spanked as a child!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

• 2 weeks later...

I too found the fans at Shinnecock more irritating than usual.  Save for the WM event, which is arguably the genesis for the modern, narcissist, sure hope I can hear myself on replay fan, the overall etiquette of golf fans has deteriorated IMO.  I say this having attended 30+ PGA events over many decades.  The event sponsors can pull the reigns in on this type of behavior, but seem reluctant to do so.  So long as ticket sales are up, merchandise sells, and liquor flows, they are unlikely to mess with revenue.  I also don't think the players as a whole are making too much noise about this - yet.  As the race to be the first "dilly-dilly, "get-in-the-hole", etc. heard, more back and downswings will be interrupted; and that may eventually get more players complaining.

In contrast, The Masters is one of the few events where excessive, obnoxious behavior is not tolerated and folks are escorted out.  I've also attended a couple of European Tour events in Hamburg and their fan base are like a funeral service in comparison.  Hopeful the direction of this trend changes, but doubt it will.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I saw someone at the Quicken Loans today standing underneath the misters on her phone out trying to take a photo through binoculars. What are people doing??? Either look through the binocculars or take a picture of the TV at home. It's the same thing.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I saw someone at the Quicken Loans today standing underneath the misters on her phone out trying to take a photo through binoculars. What are people doing??? Either look through the binocculars or take a picture of the TV at home. It's the same thing.

Lol. I saw that. It appeared she was in the sky boxes along the 17th tee and was trying to get an "up close" picture of Tiger on the 16th green.

Looked like one of the guys near her was enjoying her futility in pulling it off.

Buy a phone call other a stronger zoom. Ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Welcome to Long Island.

Man I can't wait for the PGA at Bethpage next year or the Ryder Cup at Bethpage for that matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"welcome to Long Island" is ridiculous. Yelling Mashed Potatoes, Baba Booey is bullshit no matter where you are. It is so annoying and I frankly just don't understand.... no matter where the tournament is being played. The USGA, PGA should be ashamed that they have let this go this far. The Masters, they don't allow this why should it be acceptable anywhere. If you turn you hat around backwards, even to take a picture the staff at Augusta will tell you to fix it or go home.

I don't think it would take very long for the governing bodies to put people in check. Just a couple tournaments where people are escorted out for being a jerk.

You should be excited about a player making a great shot and the sounds around the course are part of the excitement and add to the experience. However, say something to a player about his wife, mother or kids is absolutely unacceptable and you should be escorted out.

I think a crowd and atmosphere like this is great for the game.Need a spark or kick in the pants to rejuvenate tour golf

nonsense. This is the wrong kind of spark. It is uncivilized, childish and ridiculous

Archived