Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Dynacraft Driving Irons anybody?

azstu324

I know there are a few threads out there talking up the club but I'm hoping to bring a few more out of the woodwork if possible. 

I'm a big supporter of components and am really looking for something to replace my 4 wood with. While I love the club when hit well, I just don't use it nearly enough to be as consistent with it as I'd like to be. I'm just finding that I don't really have a need for any fairway woods as my 19* 3h will run out about 250 and that generally covers the remaining distance on a par 5. I guess I'm just buying into the UDI concept and hopefully I can find a club that fits that gap when needed but also finds itself more regularly in rotation due to versatility and the ability to hit a wider range of shots. I'm thinking the 18* would be the ticket. 

Additionally, what shaft are you having success with? My 4w has a Garafalloy pro launch Blue which I really like and wondered if it would be a good fit with the Dynacraft for a swap.. or am I barking up the wrong tree with that shaft? 

Any advice/opinion/direction would be greatly appreciated. 

Thx!

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

yeah I did see that one. I think there were like 3 guys that had actually heard of it or played it. The rest just thought it was interesting. I was hoping to fish out a few others who have played the club or have more experience with it. I'll probably still get it. For $15 I really can't lose here.  

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• 2 years later...
On 6/18/2018 at 1:13 PM, azstu324 said:

yeah I did see that one. I think there were like 3 guys that had actually heard of it or played it. The rest just thought it was interesting. I was hoping to fish out a few others who have played the club or have more experience with it. I'll probably still get it. For $15 I really can't lose here.  

• 11 months later...

Don't know if you're still tracking this topic, but I just made a Dynacraft driving iron (18*) for a player at the golf course where I work. He has powerful swing, driver speed in the 125mph range, and hits his driver huge distances, but rarely in the fairway. I bent the Dynacraft to 16*, because he has a very high launch angle, and installed a DG Tour Issue X100. He still hits it extremely high, so much so that you initially think it's a popup, until you measure it out to the +290 yard mark. He is sacrificing about 20 yards with the driving iron, but hitting a lot more fairways and greens, consequently scoring much better. 

It's entirely possible that I dismiss component brands without good cause.

It just doesn't seem that could could match the major OEM engineering capability.

Plus there's a bit of a snob factor, which serves no useful purpose, especially if good equipment is being overlooked. As I said,  I assume that's possible.

The exception I might make is if a component head offers a fit metric that's not available from a major OEM, but I can't remember the last time that that happened.

The other factor mitigating against components is that I don't do any club work myself.

It might be fun if it were a hobby.

But I'd be ordering ready-built component clubs from a builder about whom I know nothing.

Back when I was much younger, Ralph Maltby's GolfWorks made some really nice persimmon and laminated wood models that looked equal or superior to most of what the OEMs were making.  Plus you could get custom specs.   But wooden woods are very, very simple compared to modern, multi-piece metals.  

The other side of the coin is that we're hitting a ball with a club and how many technological factors come into play at that contact?  Maybe fewer than we imagine, but I don't pretend to know.  None of my gang plays component clubs, but there may be others at the club playing them and playing them very well.

I've heard of DynaCraft, and for them to have been around this long, they probably make a better product than that for which I've given them credit.

I have been playing driving irons since the Mizuno Fli Hi II   in 2004. And I'm not a bomber.  I play them for safety on scary driving holes.

And before that, when I was playing Titleist DCI 962s, I kept my Wilson 1200GE 2-iron in the bag as a driving iron,  replacing the Titleist 3-iron..   

Never tried a component one, though.

Louisville Golf Persimmon___2, 4, 5, 7-woods;    Epon AF-906___driving iron;   Titleist T100 5, 6, 7, 8, 9-irons; 

Titleist T100S___48°;     Edison 2.0___53º;     Titleist SM-9 (T)___58º;   Tad Moore Otto Hackbarth___putter;   

Titleist Pro V1x___ball