TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Ping Irons to be released

Doc1

Hit both clubs today, only had time to hit about a dozen balls with each club. 7 iron in steel. Currently playing the Ie1 with zz65 off a .7 index.

i210 - Very similar to the Ie1 and i200, natural evolution of design. Easy to flight, great feel and sound. Hard to see much reason to upgrade from the Ie1's.

i500 - Absolutely beautiful to look at. Nice compact head and thin top line, again beautiful. Surprisingly easy to flight, appears longer than the Ie1. The hollow body sounds and feels different. They felt hard and sounded clicky, not too sure if I like it. Saying that, the G400 LST felt radically different from the G15 driver and I have gotten used to it.

I really wanted to be wowed by the i500, would have place an order immediately (bought the Ie1's without hitting them, only held the 7 iron head - have only played Pings for over 20 years). Need some time on the range, like to try with graphite or s300 with the sensicore insert to see if the feel can be softened.

Ping i59

Ping G410 - 5W 

Ping G410 - 3W 

Ping G525 LST

Ping Ally C + 60 other Ping putter and assorted others

This is really not unusual. Ping wants you in their new irons because the initial sales push is the most important. The absolute best marketing takes place on the Golf Course and driving range. I think this is probably good news. The previous forged offering from Ping was out of most folks price range so although they were great irons they didn't sell well. The good news I'm speaking of is the pricing of the new forged irons will most likely be in line with the i200s.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have bee watching used left handed i200's on ebay and have the impression price's have been dropping fast. I know what angle I need and shaft flex. I have a Glide 2.0 58 degree wedge and it is absolutely one of my favorite short game clubs.

What grind are you using?

Archived