DPattGolf

Taking the PAT and The Journey to Pro

Well what do we have here? Good luck! +14 is the standard? Across the board?

Best wishes!

No Shankster - it varies based on the course that is being used for qualifying - it's also not as easy as you might think. You aren't playing by yourself - you are playing with your peers or peer wanna be's with your lively hood at stake. You are putting everything out, playing everything down.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Best wishes!

No Shankster - it varies based on the course that is being used for qualifying - it's also not as easy as you might think. You aren't playing by yourself - you are playing with your peers or peer wanna be's with your lively hood at stake. You are putting everything out, playing everything down.

Never imagined it would be easy. But I've played the course they use in Michigan or at least have in the past. As long as there aren't any New York fans heckling me I could stand a chance.

But the topic of OP is amazing, I hope he makes it!

• Like 1

It took me twice to pass mine. It is a mental battle more so than usual due to the fact that you know what you have to shoot. Good Luck! You sure you want to enter program??

• Like 5

Tomorrow will be the first step in my potential career change from private accountant to PGA Professional with the Playing Ability Test. It is something I have been both excited and nervous about but I know that I love golf and coaching my college team too much to continue to sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day and not give this passion a legitimate shot to become my real career while I am still young and without kids.

I have been playing awful lately (pretty sure its all mental as usual) but I will be playing 36 holes and need a 2 round score of 158 (+14) or better to pass and enter the PGM Program without restrictions.

Here's to straight drives and lots of birdie putts!

Good luck tomorrow - hope you're at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the day

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Good luck you will do fine.The secret to that test is fairways and greens

• Like 1

Good luck

• Like 1

Tomorrow will be the first step in my potential career change from private accountant to PGA Professional with the Playing Ability Test. It is something I have been both excited and nervous about but I know that I love golf and coaching my college team too much to continue to sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day and not give this passion a legitimate shot to become my real career while I am still young and without kids.

I have been playing awful lately (pretty sure its all mental as usual) but I will be playing 36 holes and need a 2 round score of 158 (+14) or better to pass and enter the PGM Program without restrictions.

Here's to straight drives and lots of birdie putts!

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Good luck you will do fine.The secret to that test is fairways and greens

That's the secret to any golf test.

• Like 3

Good luck! I remember mine like it was yesterday...even if it was 15 years ago this July. I hit 150 balls the night before and the staff took the rest away and said go home.

After skying my first tee shot and saving bogey I settled in and shot 77-74. I was so amped on my approach to the 36th that I nuked it 20 yards over the green.

All three in our group passed which was awesome.

It's a great memory with my dad caddying for me that day. Even if I could talk you out of it I wish you well in your journey!

• Like 5

Good luck!!  

I went with a friend of mine to Redmond, OR when he took his PAT.  I was his caddie... well, I was right up until he didn't listen to me on the 4th hole.  Short par 4 dogleg right and his normal shot was a cut, which he overcooked a little and put it in the dogleg.  I told him to punch out to about the 100y mark and get up and down.  He was really good at up and downs!  He said: "No, I got a window through the trees to the green."  Well, he missed the window.  Hit the tree and his ball ended up in a lava field.  Took a 10 on the hole and was out of it.  It was a quiet ride home.  He did pass the PAT his next time in Seattle; I didn't go.

• Like 4

Good luck!!

I went with a friend of mine to Redmond, OR when he took his PAT. I was his caddie... well, I was right up until he didn't listen to me on the 4th hole. Short par 4 dogleg right and his normal shot was a cut, which he overcooked a little and put it in the dogleg. I told him to punch out to about the 100y mark and get up and down. He was really good at up and downs! He said: "No, I got a window through the trees to the green." Well, he missed the window. Hit the tree and his ball ended up in a lava field. Took a 10 on the hole and was out of it. It was a quiet ride home. He did pass the PAT his next time in Seattle; I didn't go.

Hmm, lava fields... is that Pronghorn?

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Break a leg and kick some arse!   :D    Best wishes for great success and your dream job become reality. 

Good luck. I went the other way from golf to becoming a CPA.

• Like 1