TESTERS WANTED! ×

R.I.P - YES! GOLF?!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

R.I.P - YES! GOLF

Just got word from a second source that YES! Golf is going to be closing up shop. Will try to get more info on this for you guys as soon as possible...but that is the word on the tour.

- Yes! Putters had over 60 Tour wins & were played by over 200 tour pros. This will be a shame if the news I am hearing is true.

The tough times continue. The ones that are surviving the best saw this early and adapted fast...example Titleist.

YES! GOLF - UPDATE

I spent last night and this morning contacting anyone I could to get a hold of info to obtain a more accurate picture of what is going on with YES! GOLF after last's night shocking news I received.

The sources I spoke to yesterday were touring pros that had ties with YES! GOLF and they had all said separately that in fact the news I heard was true and that they were closing their doors. Which came as a shock to me because generally I hear about these things before they get to this point. So it came as hard to believe news even when I heard it from the 2nd source...but when the 3rd source told me I felt it had to be true.

Although it is not 100% accurate...kind of why I kept the question mark beside it when I posted it. I had a weird gut feeling on this one even though 3 good sources all had the same story. Well this is why they all had the same story. What happened was YES! GOLF had to let go one of their PGA Tour Reps...and in his conversations with other golfers and others in the business he had told everyone that they were closing their doors. They are not closing their doors...well at least not yet.

They admit they have been struggling and they have had some debt issues. And also admit that they ARE pursuing a sale of the company. And that they have quite a few prospective buyers. So we will wait to hear more about this and let you know as soon as we find out.

I do have info on a prospective buyer but have not heard from the other side on this one yet to confirm.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

I would think that if the price is right this brand would get picked up fairly quickly. I think they would have to reduce the amount of models they release though.

Oh no!! I hope a big OEM picks them up.

#TruthDigest

Wild guess is they were carrying a lot of debt from production and low sales hit them. If the intellectual and inventory holdings of Yes! are worth anything, there might be someone out there willing to absorb their debt... Puma maybe? Hopefully we'll hear some more details so other "small" companies won't suffer the same fate.

That's to bad hope someone buys their line.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I was in Yes! Golf's HQ in Denver last Friday for a couple hours for a fitting for me and the wife. There was no hint of anything like this which we saw and there were quite a few customers coming in for fittings and for new stuff. I hope its not true, as after personally dealing with them, I saw a CLASS operation and it would be a shame if they disappear. I hope your sources are wrong.

Oh... and its 81 wins in 4 years. Pretty danged impressive if you ask me. :lol:

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Wild guess is they were carrying a lot of debt from production and low sales hit them. If the intellectual and inventory holdings of Yes! are worth anything, there might be someone out there willing to absorb their debt... Puma maybe? Hopefully we'll hear some more details so other "small" companies won't suffer the same fate.

I was in Yes! Golf's HQ in Denver last Friday for a couple hours for a fitting for me and the wife. There was no hint of anything like this which we saw and there were quite a few customers coming in for fittings and for new stuff. I hope its not true, as after personally dealing with them, I saw a CLASS operation and it would be a shame if they disappear. I hope your sources are wrong.

Oh... and its 81 wins in 4 years. Pretty danged impressive if you ask me. :lol:

It's possible the employees are in the dark about it, or are at least treating it like a rumor. From my dealings with related (but non-golf) issues, the employees are usually the last to know... That said, I'd take Mike's word at Yes! being a class-act, and feel similar about them disappearing.

Looking at both sides of the coin, if they did go under, having Puma pick them up makes a lot of sense. They could use (not liking this word, but stumpped for a replacement right now) Yes! the same way Callaway uses Odyssey and Titleist uses Cameron. It'd save them a lot of effort in developing and marketing their own putter line from scratch, plus maybe bring in some new business to the rest of their products.

I agree I think this would be a perfect fit for PUMA! If this does go down as sources say.....

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

• SPY VIP

YES! GOLF - UPDATE

I spent last night and this morning contacting anyone I could to get a hold of info to obtain a more accurate picture of what is going on with YES! GOLF after last's night shocking news I received.

The sources I spoke to yesterday were touring pros that had ties with YES! GOLF and they had all said separately that in fact the news I heard was true and that they were closing their doors. Which came as a shock to me because generally I hear about these things before they get to this point. So it came as hard to believe news even when I heard it from the 2nd source...but when the 3rd source told me I felt it had to be true.

Although it is not 100% accurate...kind of why I kept the question mark beside it when I posted it. I had a weird gut feeling on this one even though 3 good sources all had the same story. Well this is why they all had the same story. What happened was YES! GOLF had to let go one of their PGA Tour Reps...and in his conversations with other golfers and others in the business he had told everyone that they were closing their doors. They are not closing their doors...well at least not yet.

They admit they have been struggling and they have had some debt issues. And also admit that they ARE pursuing a sale of the company. And that they have quite a few prospective buyers. So we will wait to hear more about this and let you know as soon as we find out.

I do have info on a prospective buyer but have not heard from the other side on this one yet to confirm.

#TruthDigest

One thing killing them is availablity of their product. I havent seen one in Golf Galaxy, Golfsmith, or Dicks in over a year outside of the used section. I would never have picked up my Tracey if they hadnt one of them there. They have some new ones that Ive been trying to test out, but havent been able to find any. They are great putters and Ive tried many others since, but none have been able to knock her out of my bag

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Coincidentally I just sold the last Yes! putter I had left, the Yes! Natalie.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Yes Rife WAS and STILL is. They are in a bit of trouble right now to say the least.

Haven't YES un-officially been on the market a few years now. Or was that Rife?

#TruthDigest

Yes Rife WAS and STILL is. They are in a bit of trouble right now to say the least.

I have the same issues Hendricks has- can't find Yes! putters anywhere in my area. I'm currently looking at a Callie and Olivia online, but it'd end up being a stab in the dark basically, since I wouldn't be able to test either one until I purchase it... Well, that goes for a lot of lefty stuff, really.

I have the same issues Hendricks has- can't find Yes! putters anywhere in my area. I'm currently looking at a Callie and Olivia online, but it'd end up being a stab in the dark basically, since I wouldn't be able to test either one until I purchase it... Well, that goes for a lot of lefty stuff, really.

Olivia is one of the ones I really want to try also

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

The Callie is great... and SWMBO just to the Marilyn model in pink. She's deadly with it! I sincerely hope Yes does not go away. I am lucky in that I only live 100 miles from their HQ.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

R.I.P - YES! GOLF

Just got word from a second source that YES! Golf is going to be closing up shop. Will try to get more info on this for you guys as soon as possible...but that is the word on the tour.

- Yes! Putters had over 60 Tour wins & were played by over 200 tour pros. This will be a shame if the news I am hearing is true.

The tough times continue. The ones that are surviving the best saw this early and adapted fast...example Titleist.

Recipe for downfall in golf biz =

1) Hard to find and try out product

2) High Retail price ($330 for the Mollie)- R&D, Materials, labor = $330 per putter, really now? Similar Cameron's Retail for $300, and Odyssey Blacks run $279

3) No resale value so word travels slowly (grooves are damaged most of the time)

I have managed to try some used Yes putters and they are nice, but the grooves are often damaged and new ones are just too expensive.

I admit that I find it interesting you guys can't get Yes! putters at Golf Galaxies and the like. My local golf town stocks gobs of them and typically the big US stores get gobs more options then we get in Canada

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

2) High Retail price ($330 for the Mollie)- R&D, Materials, labor = $330 per putter, really now? Similar Cameron's Retail for $300, and Odyssey Blacks run $279

3) No resale value so word travels slowly (grooves are damaged most of the time)

I have managed to try some used Yes putters and they are nice, but the grooves are often damaged and new ones are just too expensive.

The average Yes Putter is closer to $150.00, only certain ones get up to the $300.00 range. Also, Ive had my Tracey for a few years now and the grooves are still in great shape.

Although my Callie is still fairly new (only about a half dozen rounds with it), the grooves are in great shape. The only way I can imagine the grooves getting damaged is keeping one in a bag with no headcover on it and getting bag rash. Since Yes provides covers (and pretty nice ones at that), either people have lost them, chose not to use them (big mistake), or were just plain careless. I suggest anyone with a decent putter ALWAYS keep the headcover on it to protect the putting face.

Although my Callie is still fairly new (only about a half dozen rounds with it), the grooves are in great shape. The only way I can imagine the grooves getting damaged is keeping one in a bag with no headcover on it and getting bag rash. Since Yes provides covers (and pretty nice ones at that), either people have lost them, chose not to use them (big mistake), or were just plain careless. I suggest anyone with a decent putter ALWAYS keep the headcover on it to protect the putting face.

+100, Mike. My WH XG #7 is about three years old now, and it looks almost like it did when my wife bought it, thanks in part to the constant headcover use. Doesn't matter if I'm going 2 feet or 200 feet to the next hole- if it was going back in the bag, the headcover goes on.

I have a Victoria II and always keep the cover on it. I moved to a mallet a couple of years ago and found the YES putter fantastic to use.

Having said that, I picked up a second hand original Ping Anser 2

from the BAY a few years back and have used it for the last few rounds. Perhaps a little light but hasn't let me down, I suppose that is why they stand the test of time.

The average Yes Putter is closer to $150.00, only certain ones get up to the $300.00 range. Also, Ive had my Tracey for a few years now and the grooves are still in great shape.

The putters are crap! Cheaply made in China. What is so special???? You guys are crazy.

The putters are crap! Cheaply made in China. What is so special???? You guys are crazy.

What is so special? It helps me get the ball in the hole better than any other putter Ive tried. That makes it pretty special to me.

As opposed to every other club being outsourced to China, as well? If you game only American-made gear, sounds like that'd be the only club in your bag (that's assuming, though unlikely, that your putter was made in the USA).

I tried to compare similar high end putters to the YES putters I looked at. My issue is that with putters often do not have the same difficult manufacturing process that some irons and woods go through. Usually machined from billet with some tech involved but nothing like drivers need to . The drivers go for $300 including Graphite shafts and some putters go for $300 with machined steel, steel shaft, grip and paint - such as the Yes Golf C-Groove Dawn putter...$329 where?

I just think that YES over stretched themselves by trying to sell putters for more than they are worth. I like YES putters I think they have a really good idea...a $300 idea, no...a $250 idea, no...a $150 idea...probably

I tried to compare similar high end putters to the YES putters I looked at. My issue is that with putters often do not have the same difficult manufacturing process that some irons and woods go through. Usually machined from billet with some tech involved but nothing like drivers need to . The drivers go for $300 including Graphite shafts and some putters go for $300 with machined steel, steel shaft, grip and paint - such as the Yes Golf C-Groove Dawn putter...$329 where?

I just think that YES over stretched themselves by trying to sell putters for more than they are worth. I like YES putters I think they have a really good idea...a $300 idea, no...a $250 idea, no...a $150 idea...probably

I would further that by saying NO putter is worth more than $150. The Cameron Cra-Z's will probably hate me, but I believe it's true: when you get to a certain price point, you're paying for the name of it and them recouping what they pay the pros to use it (among other things). The "little guys", meanwhile, are almost forced to charge the same amount, or else people will think their stuff is junk. It's like a never ending cycle.

• SPY VIP

Last word I heard believe it or not Srixon is the company looking at buying them. Yes I know they ALREADY have 2 putter companies...guess they want 3.

#TruthDigest

Archived