TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

hckymeyer

The short game needs some work what does the red circle represent as far as distance to the who vice the yellow I assume red is inside 5 feet?

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Yeah I've been concentrating on making good contact with the ball and that's why I haven't been getting to the hole. The long left miss is when I yip at it and hit it thin.

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Here are the other views showing the distances in meters. Approches includes all clubs from 3 wood down and short game is 8 iron down 😀😎Screenshot_20180815-081824.pngScreenshot_20180815-081906.png

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Here are the other views showing the distances in meters. Approches includes all clubs from 3 wood down and short game is 8 iron down 😀😎 Screenshot_20180815-081824.png Screenshot_20180815-081906.png

Those are some good stats to have. Out of curiosity, what are the difference between the green and blue dots. I know the red is in the "red zone", is blue missed the GIR and green dot hit the GIR?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I love the data gosh the Shotscope seems awesome wish I would have bought one during that MGS special they had but truth is it's a difficult choice with Arccos out there

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

I love the data gosh the Shotscope seems awesome wish I would have bought one during that MGS special they had but truth is it's a difficult choice with Arccos out there

Yeah, it seems like Shotscope is much better in the short game but Arccos is better in the long game and also has the Caddie to consider...

Yeah, it seems like Shotscope is much better in the short game but Arccos is better in the long game and also has the Caddie to consider...

The caddie is definitely a point to consider, but what is it you feel Arccos offers in the long game that Shot Scope is missing?

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

The caddie is definitely a point to consider, but what is it you feel Arccos offers in the long game that Shot Scope is missing?

I like the handicap breakdown and I think the data is presented in a more useful manner. This is nothing against Shotscope, just my personal preference.

Those are some good stats to have. Out of curiosity, what are the difference between the green and blue dots. I know the red is in the "red zone", is blue missed the GIR and green dot hit the GIR?

Yep you got it in one,for approach shots blue is missed green, green is on the green and red is close. Also for short game yellow is inside 7 meters on the green.

By the way, those screen shots are from the mobile version of the website. The computer version is a little different (as shown in the stage 2)

Oh and I hit my longest drive since getting the Shot Scope yesterday of 263 meters or 287 yards 😁😎

one other small gripe about the watch size (sorry, another gripe but overall it's an excellent product) but it's worth everyone knowing our honest reviews particularly as a user and not a seller or marketer. I saw a shotscope review by 2 golf magazines which were gushing and only had all the marketing positives. This is where MGS and us fellow spies can affirm or contest some real world user experiences.

Anyway, it's now raining here, a lot, so waterproofs everytime I play, the watch prevents putting on and taking off waterproofs quickly due to the cuffs not easily passing over the watch. Small issue but worth noting if you play in consistent wet environments.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Also I would be concerned about getting it wet. I have noticed a little fogging on the inside of the screen when it's a bit cooler and in the fine print of the instructions it says about keeping it away from water

Also I would be concerned about getting it wet. I have noticed a little fogging on the inside of the screen when it's a bit cooler and in the fine print of the instructions it says about keeping it away from water

I haven't noticed that...yet...I find myself wiping it every few minutes to clear the raindrops. I can't see any info on whether it's waterproof?

I remember the first GPS watch I had which wasn't waterproof therefore wasn't useful to use in our lovely liquid sunshine climate  :lol:

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

one other small gripe about the watch size (sorry, another gripe but overall it's an excellent product) but it's worth everyone knowing our honest reviews particularly as a user and not a seller or marketer. I saw a shotscope review by 2 golf magazines which were gushing and only had all the marketing positives. This is where MGS and us fellow spies can affirm or contest some real world user experiences.

Anyway, it's now raining here, a lot, so waterproofs everytime I play, the watch prevents putting on and taking off waterproofs quickly due to the cuffs not easily passing over the watch. Small issue but worth noting if you play in consistent wet environments.

Yeah, I'm with you on this.

We've had a beautiful summer, so in polo shirts it's been great. I like small watches normally, but I've found the Shot Scope watch just disappears while you play and it hasn't bothered me at all.

It was a cool morning the other day when I went to play, so I put a jumper on and suddenly had the same experience as you. I was playing with my left sleeve short and behind the watch, it wasn't comfortable to lift over the watch.

It'll be interesting to see how I feel if I have to wear waterproofs over the top.

To clarify one point, though, their website says that V2 is "fully waterproof"

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

I don't know about fully waterproof, there is this warning in the back of the user guide...

IMG_20180818_200646.jpg

Played in a two man Ambrose yesterday so the watch was just used as a GPS. It was the first time I have done that and the only slightly annoying thing was I had to manually change the hole at each tee but it wasn't that much of a hassle. I was also able to check the accuracy against a couple of other GPS units and my Callaway laser. The Shot Scope was by far the most accurate 😁😀😎

Thought I would share some stats from my last roundScreenshot_20180820-124600.pngScreenshot_20180820-124626.png

Continuing to not like this device on many fronts. I know it's working great for the testers.

But for me it's become a $190 or whatever I paid for it paperweigjt.

Too much editing required.

Menus are horrible to navigate. Totally guessing as to what button to push to find a feature.

Tags come off easy. I have lost two tags, well don't know for sure it they are lost. And j secured them very well. Could be at the very bottom of my 14 way cart bag. But who wants to go to to troubke of emptying out a full cart bag and then it upside down to see if they are there.

My thought is because they are midsize grips in a 14 way divider they may be running on the slots on the way out and loosening. So I shouldn't have to deal with this just because I have one of the more popular grip styles around.

And the worst part is the whole joke of having to take a practice swing to activate it. I think someone else hit it when they said. They believe it's the technology in the tag and watch requiring a few extra moments to sync up and they are trying to BS you into it being an activation thing.

I don't take practice swings. Never have and never will. I take a couple waggkes to get my swing path thought correct but not a full swing.

You shouldn't have to change a major portion of your game to get a device to work for you.

it gets a big F from me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Very interesting thread guys.

There have been a few posts about having to take a practise swing.

to me that seems to be a major design flaw.

As an engineer,it looks like some one at Shot scope did a poor job on understanding their end users.

If this is true that you need to take a practise swing to allow it time for the watch and tag to sync is a big screw up. Can you imagine sitting in a car and having to wait for 30 seconds for the car to sync with the key fob before it will start (on the new vehicles that have keyless ignitions and use a button to start the engine)?

And now I am thinking,is it 30 seconds? That seems to me inexcusably long and I am wondering if the technology is limited due to the size of the tags or due to $$$$. Are they using outdated technology??

This 30 seconds does not make sense in today's time frame where things happen in nanoseconds

Think of debit cards(tap) and the card readers. would you wait 30 seconds each time??

As an Engineer,this doesn't make sense as to why they would go this route? I don't always 100% of the time take practise swings.

Someone also said that the watch needs to be worn and cannot be in the bag. This has me thinking about the limitations of this. Would the watch stand up to a torrential downpour if you had to keep it on the wrist? Do GPS watches need to be worn or will they work in your pocket? I use a rangefinder so I can't answer this

Thanks guys

I have read 12 pages of posts and have enjoyed it all

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

And now I am thinking,is it 30 seconds? That seems to me inexcusably long and I am wondering if the technology is limited due to the size of the tags or due to $$$$. Are they using outdated technology??

This 30 seconds does not make sense in today's time frame where things happen in nanoseconds

Think of debit cards(tap) and the card readers. would you wait 30 seconds each time??

As an Engineer,this doesn't make sense as to why they would go this route? I don't always 100% of the time take practise swings.

Someone also said that the watch needs to be worn and cannot be in the bag. This has me thinking about the limitations of this. Would the watch stand up to a torrential downpour if you had to keep it on the wrist? Do GPS watches need to be worn or will they work in your pocket? I use a rangefinder so I can't answer this

Thanks guys

I have read 12 pages of posts and have enjoyed it all

Point 1- the 30 seconds refers to the time it takes to go back to 'course mode' if you walked on or near a green and it automatically demands putts entered, even if you still have a chip to get on the green. I don't believe theres a time specified for it to link to the sensor and shot. (at least none offered by the company)

point 2 - I have used a gps watch in my pocket and also attached to my bag, works fine. The Shotscope needs to be within 10cms of the sensor on the end of the club to work. Shotscope themselves told me to take 2-3 practice swings beside my ball to ensure it will pick up the shot and club used. Not ideal as I usually take a practice swing behind the ball then walk into the shot.

I think the "practice swings" is just to give them some breathing room.

If you were in a golf cart, driving quickly between your shots and just jumping out to take them then it's going to be difficult for the system to be accurate as the GPS wouldn't have "settled" by the time you were wanting to record a shot.

I really do think it's mostly just to buy them some time for accuracy so you're stood by the ball for a moment and the GPS can settle to a location.

I played a "fast" round of golf tonight, 18 holes in 2 hours on foot, accelerating as I went as the light disappeared.

I started the round with my usual practice swings, I do tend to take one or two.
I finished the round stepping over the ball and taking my shot just to keep up with the dying light.

did have the club in hand, within range of the sensor, as I walked to the ball, but just settled over the ball and swung.
Every shot from tonight has been recorded perfectly.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Har, the watch has to be worn to collect shot data but if you wanted to just use it as a GPS you could attach it to your bag.

If you put it in your pocket it could lose the signal but it could be worth a try.

As for the 30 second thing, I always take 1 or 2 practice swings then hit. That whole process takes between 10 to 15 seconds and I have no real issues with it collecting the shots.

Thanks for the replies guys.

it is very interesting to learn about the practise swings. This and the Cobra Connect challenge have got me interested as I realized- I want one.

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

There is no issue about the time it takes for the club and watch to sync or the time to get an accurate GPS reading. If you were physically able to play that fast i'm not sure how you would choose a club (or judge distance yourself) as you would have to be in constant motion. Practice swings seem to be needed for putting however, as I have had results show i putted from 6 feet away to 20 feet and sunk that for a 2 putt. This is disappointing since the PinCollect feature was a primary draw for the purchase of this device. 

One of the larger issues I have experienced is putting/short game accuracy. Post round editing often requires dragging shot locations 3-5 yards off the green so the system doesn't track me as chipping with a 9i on the green. Similar issues with sand traps and fairway boundaries.

Putting from the fringe or rough also seems to create issues. I'm not sure if it is the Map overlays up here in Canada or what but I am pretty OCD about using pin collect. 

Given the detail level and amount of stats provided, you ideally need 50-100 rounds of data to minimize the errors with the stats. But that is the trade off versus using a more manual system where you can select fairways hit, GIR, etc. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

You could ask Shot Scope to have a look at your course. A remap could fix the issues.

I agree totally that the more you play a course, the more accurate your stats become 😀😎

This hole was played with no practice swings at all. Every shot location is correct.

It was dark enough you could only see the ball when you were stood over it and I wanted to get finished (this was my 18th hole) so was just walking up to the ball, drawing my next club, getting set over the ball and taking my shot.

Obviously, I'm only sharing this to show that ShotScope can get it's positions correct without "practice swings" :D

And, yes, I really did duff that gap wedge following that tee shot, worst strike in my entire round by a long margin. I'd intended to play past the hole onto the sloping green and suck it back to the hole, didn't quite work out that way.

FastShotScope.jpg

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Nice Jon, one big advantage Shot Scope has over Arccos is you don't need sunlight for it to work. So if you're lucky enough to play night golf somewhere, ie Turkey, Portugal, UAE etc, it will still work 😁😎

Nice Jon, one big advantage Shot Scope has over Arccos is you don't need sunlight for it to work. So if you're lucky enough to play night golf somewhere, ie Turkey, Portugal, UAE etc, it will still work

ie - using the cell phone?

Dexterity:

This hole was played with no practice swings at all. Every shot location is correct.

It was dark enough you could only see the ball when you were stood over it and I wanted to get finished (this was my 18th hole) so was just walking up to the ball, drawing my next club, getting set over the ball and taking my shot.

Obviously, I'm only sharing this to show that ShotScope can get it's positions correct without "practice swings" :D

And, yes, I really did duff that gap wedge following that tee shot, worst strike in my entire round by a long margin. I'd intended to play past the hole onto the sloping green and suck it back to the hole, didn't quite work out that way.

attachicon.gif FastShotScope.jpg

John,

Thank you for this post. Very good information.

Dexterity:

Is this to early or do you guys have any comparisons ( ie- with friends or playing partners) to the Arccos system?

Dexterity:

ie - using the cell phone?

No the Arccos sensors have to have enough light for them to turn on. They are battery powered and when you put the club in your bag and it goes dark they turn off. So if it's too dark when you're playing the sensor won't turn on when you take the club out.

I'm still Loving this thing. Very little editing... And when there is it's usually because of user error.

In regards to someone saying a practice swing is needed to activate it, that's complete crap. I have had plenty of swings without a practice swing and they all pick up. I honestly can't think of one time it hasn't picked up a shot of mine.

It's been great with distances and stats. Still comfortable on my wrist. Distances are great. Definitely the best option it there if you want a GPS watch and want to keep these type of in depth stats.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink: