hckymeyer

Nice dhartmann34, great to hear from someone who likes it as much as me 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Hopefully I can help put to bed this "practice swings" discussion.

I've voiced my reasons as to why I think they are "required" by the literature at least...

Here is a photo of a tagged shot, please note the positions of the bunkers and green.

FastShot2.jpg

And here is a video.
Please note the bunkers and green position.

You'll see me walk to the ball with the club in my right hand, while I have the Shot Scope on my left wrist so they are not currently paired (smart watch on my right wrist).
I get to the ball, grip the club, take a stance, swing and immediately drop the club away from the Shot Scope device again. The tag is within range no longer than it should be for any average golfer playing moderately promptly. I would imagine this is a quick "sequence" for most golfers in terms of how long the tag was by the watch.

There was no editing done here, this is the video and the resulting capture by Shot Scope.

I hope that helps some people form their opinions.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Very nice Jon, I couldn't test that as a practice swing is part of my routine and so ingrained that it's almost impossible for me not to do it 😌😳😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Ha, I'm the same, but when my tee shot landed there I immediately thought of this thread.
Equidistant between two bunkers within partial wedge shot range (where I tend to play by sight rather than knowing distance, I tend to have a good "feel" for it) so it was a shot I could just walk up to and play, it was about as perfect a "test" as I could hope for without intentionally setting up.

I was interested to see for myself too as when I was videoing I was assuming I was going to get a good result, but didn't know whether it had actually tagged properly until reviewing after the round, an hour and a half after taking the video :)

My only complaint is that I psychologically knew I was videoing myself, so lift my head a little early in the follow through, which I would never normally do. It's the sub-conscious desire to see what the ball is doing because other people might see the result :D

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Haha brave man 😁. Just wanted to say your input has been very much appreciated 👏😎

I used the V2 for the first time last week, and was very impressed with how accurately it kept track of my score.  On the day I played, I was riding in a cart and I had a partner riding in the cart with me because we were playing a better ball format.  There were times where I would grab my club and get out of my cart and walk to my ball, which was usually ahead of my partner.  After the round I noticed that the V2, on a couple of times including my longest drive, recorded the distance I walked from my partner's ball to my ball as a shot.  I play this kind of better ball format a lot, so the issue is bound to come up again.  Has anybody else had similar issues where they were playing in a cart, pulled a club and walked 20-30 yards to their ball, and had the V2 record that distance as a shot?  If so, any tips how to not make that happen other than not walking to my ball?  

I used the V2 for the first time last week, and was very impressed with how accurately it kept track of my score.  On the day I played, I was riding in a cart and I had a partner riding in the cart with me because we were playing a better ball format.  There were times where I would grab my club and get out of my cart and walk to my ball, which was usually ahead of my partner.  After the round I noticed that the V2, on a couple of times including my longest drive, recorded the distance I walked from my partner's ball to my ball as a shot.  I play this kind of better ball format a lot, so the issue is bound to come up again.  Has anybody else had similar issues where they were playing in a cart, pulled a club and walked 20-30 yards to their ball, and had the V2 record that distance as a shot?  If so, any tips how to not make that happen other than not walking to my ball?  

To prevent erroneous shot tags, pull and carry the club in the hand opposite the wrist unit until arriving at your ball. If the wrist unit and a club tag are not within ~10cm proximity of each other, the system won't record a GPS coordinate (shot).

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Thanks, carrying it in the opposite hand makes a lot of sense and will keep the sensor out of range.  I will try that next time I'm out!  It wasn't a huge pain to edit, but if I hadn't edited it right after my round I might have forgot what actually happened.

Overall though, I had no major issues and was stunned with the score keep accuracy even when I forgot to enter my number of putts on a few holes. 

So how is everyone getting on now? I am starting to really see a difference in my game and think the two shot drop may well be possible....😎

So how is everyone getting on now? I am starting to really see a difference in my game and think the two shot drop may well be possible....😎

Congratulation! Is the drop from the Shotscope or just from practicing more? Or both?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Played again over the weekend and made sure to carry the club in the right hand when walking from the cart, and it worked like a charm - no erroneous tags.  Haven't had enough time to see any difference in my game yet since I have only used the V2 for two rounds, but looking forward to getting and analyzing more data.

Congratulation! Is the drop from the Shotscope or just from practicing more? Or both?

I haven't been able to do a massive amount of practice because it's winter here so I am going to point at the Shot Scope.

I am thinking that the combination of the info and GPS is making me a far more intelligent golfer. I mean it's no longer a case of getting to the ball, guessing the distance and pulling a club that I think will go that far. I now get to the ball, check the distance and pull out the club that I know will get to where the pin is 😁😎

Today was the first time I have used the Shot Scope in the rain and away from my home course. It worked flawlessly and the distances were spot on 😁. Shame I played bad 😳🤣😎

My next challenge for it will come this Friday.

Doing a 72-hole challenge (little addendum on that below) for charity.

We're playing a four-ball, four rounds in one day.

I know the battery won't last for four rounds, but we're going to mix up the formats as we play to keep it fun, so my plan is to ShotScope round 1, charge during round 2 and then try to ShotScope rounds 3 and 4.

We'll see how well it holds up to the battery and stress test!

------

We're playing 72 holes in a single day for Cancer Research UK.
Remove this link if it's not allowed, but if anyone is interested in making a small donation please use my friend Ryan's page here: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/ryans-great-golf-challenge-fundraising-page-4

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

I love my ShotScope V2, where I completely trust it to capture my shots accurately. 

However, I think for new users it would be great if user tips are provided on their website as discussed in this forum.

Here are my tips.

1. Carry the club in opposite hand to your watch.

2. If you make a practice swing and change mind to a different club, note it so that you can edit it later. Shotscope actually is able to capture these cases pretty accurately, but sometimes does ask to confirm the club when editing. My most common issue was when I was teeing off and was trying to decide between 3W and driver based on course conditions. With that said, I usually don't make a practice swing unless I am on an awkward lie and almost never have problems.

3. If possible, don't walk across/on the green when getting to a greenside shot. Shotscope still captured my shots correctly with the correct club without waiting 30 seconds but if this bothers you just don't walk on the green before putting.

4. Do make practice strokes when putting - this is the only instance where I think a practice swing is almost necessary to capture accurate ball locations during a round. Fortunately, this is part of my routine anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys V2, as this has been a great purchase for me and I cannot see myself playing without it for now. Much better than Gamegolf and cheaper than Arccos.  

D: Ping G400 Max, MRC Tensei Pro Orange 60 TX

3+w: Callaway Rogue, Aldila Synergy 60 S

3H, 4H: TBD

5i: MP18 Fli-hi, 6i-8i: MP18 SC, 9i-PW: MP18, MRC OTi 100 S

50, 55, 60: Edel 

A wee bump to keep this up near the Arccos thread 😁😎

One thing I noticed when I played the different course the other day was that when I missed the green with full irons I missed pin high. Knowing how far I hit each club is having a major impact on my game. Oh and I don't think I could play without the GPS now 😁😎

For me I found I was trusting the info less and less each time I used it.

Having some exceptional (for me) drives and lasered irons, only to find it didn't record them, was a bit let down and didn't get me excited to ensure it was all charged up for the next game.

Yes you can edit, but that's a whole world of frustration right there lol

I can't remember all my shots which I thought shotscope was the perfect solution. Maybe it will be soon with updates or V3.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Having some exceptional (for me) drives and lasered irons, only to find it didn't record them, was a bit let down and didn't get me excited to ensure it was all charged up for the next game.

I can't remember all my shots which I thought shotscope was the perfect solution. Maybe it will be soon with updates or V3.

That really sucks that you've had that experience, did you talk to Shot Scope? I'm sure they would be very interested in this.

No the Arccos sensors have to have enough light for them to turn on. They are battery powered and when you put the club in your bag and it goes dark they turn off. So if it's too dark when you're playing the sensor won't turn on when you take the club out.

Yeah, that was certainly a surprise to me with Arccos. I play a fair amount of after-work golf, and I've had it miss as much as two holes. Thankfully, manual editing isn't too bad.

That is a plus in the ShotScope column.

Arccos misses a shot for me now and then, so it's not just SS. Maybe one shot a round.

These things are still in their infancy. Version 2 of anything is still pretty young. It's a little frustrating to pay to be a tester of a product, but that's the price of progress. If it weren't for early adopters, we wouldn't have any of the cool stuff we have now.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I would honestly contact Shot Scope support and see what they have to say. May be duff tags or watch and they might replace it.

I don't think I've had a single missed tag so far and I'm putting quite a lot of rounds into it now.

I've even been able to play some "ready golf", buggy rounds where it really has been jump out, grab a club, swing and move and it's caught everything for me...

Sounds like you've got something broken in your system more than the system

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

My next challenge for it will come this Friday.

Doing a 72-hole challenge (little addendum on that below) for charity.

We're playing a four-ball, four rounds in one day.

I know the battery won't last for four rounds, but we're going to mix up the formats as we play to keep it fun, so my plan is to ShotScope round 1, charge during round 2 and then try to ShotScope rounds 3 and 4.

We'll see how well it holds up to the battery and stress test!

------

We're playing 72 holes in a single day for Cancer Research UK.

Remove this link if it's not allowed, but if anyone is interested in making a small donation please use my friend Ryan's page here: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/ryans-great-golf-challenge-fundraising-page-4

So, first up: "I'm sorry, Jon is an idiot... Got to the first tee and found I hadn't synched the course. We were pressed for time, so I started that going but put my phone and the watch away so we could get off the first tee and moving. Figured I'd record a later round... We played scratch golf the first round, Bingo-Bango-Bongo the second, a scramble for the third and then skins for the fourth. I decided not to record the Bingo or scramble rounds as they wouldn't be 'accurate' but forgot at any point to turn my watch off, so when I went to play the skins round it had depleted battery (10 hours later) without having been used at all"

Yeah, idiot.
Still, we got all four rounds played in 13 hours, so made it despite the already shortening days.
(Charitable donations page still open at the link in the quoted post ;) )

I played fairly well too, +8 on my first round at a course I'd never seen before, won the B-B-B round and we closed the scramble in -9. Got stiffed in the skins where I played the most consistent golf out of everyone and had by far the best stroke score, but others were winning one hole and then playing terribly on the next two. I was consistently the second highest score on every hole and only won one...

Anyway, back to Shot Scope...
We had a good day today and it turns out playing 72 holes the day before serves as good warm-up for me. In swirling wind and on lush fairways everything was just coming off each club perfectly today, drove into the fringe of two par 4s, one of those with a 3-wood and shot a combined 2-under through two different 9-hole courses, so pictures, because everyone likes pictures...

IMG_20180901_174917_224.jpg

The only complaint I do have about Shot Scope sometimes will be where courses need re-mapping. If you look at where it marks me tee shot and look closely, you'll notice it's about 10 yards departed from the centre of the tee box. This whole shot is tagged essentially 10 yards to the right of the actual locations. The distances seem spot on, just off-set a little. The mapping for the course is old too, I wonder how old so the offset for GPS may be wrong, one of the holes doesn't have a bunker on it that has been there for the two years I've been playing the course, so I wonder where they got the map from.
IMG_20180901_174917_227.jpg

The group in front waited for me on this tee to let me play through, didn't make a fool of myself thankfully
20180901_174219.jpg

I have never hit a three wood this well, it had to carry bunkers and the corner of a lake to get here. Was waved to play through by another group already in the fairway too, not a bad showing to make :)
IMG_20180901_174917_230.jpg

I've recently had a psychological block with longer irons off the fairway. No troubles there today into the wind...
IMG_20180901_174917_229.jpg

Wind screwed me on this shot, I started the ball down the left of the fairway, the cross-wind was so strong and it still killed the ball and pushed it all the way right and into the trees. Thankfully the ball dropped far enough out to the right to give me a good swing, but no sight of anything useful, so just had to try to hit a flighted, gentle draw of a 3-wood into the light rough (best I could hope for with the wind wanting to push the ball further right) and have a short-ish wedge into the green.
IMG_20180901_174917_231.jpg

love being able to go back over my rounds and have it all recorded and visualised.
The more rounds I'm playing, the more I can make use of the data too. The wedge shot on the last was directly into the wind, I had no intuitive idea what I needed to be hitting in to the green, so just went mentally through my Shot Scope distances and worked in the wind effect, ended up within 5-feet for a birdie.

Screwed up with what I wanted to do with Shot Scope yesterday, but we had a good day together today at least.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Great stuff Jon, I know what you mean about the remapping. I have to get my course done again, it keeps giving me enormous drives on the 6th which is nice but I can't keep them 😢😎

guy

Lots of great posts here and useful information.

I am loving seeing the screenshots. Thank you John.

Ss or Arccos????? a tough decisiob

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Each of the two systems have their good points and their bad points. They both seem to have the same issues when it comes to missing shots. You could almost simplify it and say do you prefer to use a watch or a phone?

What I find helpful is when I don't have it completely setup when I get to the first hole. I'll hit a few shots before picking the course. It still picks up those shots, although it assigns then random clubs, usually driver on the tee and 6 iron from the fairway... And then I just go back and edit them later on. Nice not to lose out on those shots though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Just got the September news letter and there are new features about to be released so watch this space...🤔😎

These updates look very interesting....Screenshot_20180904-155214.png

Three questions:

1.  Any inside info on what the features are going to be?  My newsletter email said all will be revealed on September 10.

2.  Has anyone noticed that the screw that holds the flap that covers the charge port has rusted?  I've only had my watch for about 3 weeks and the tiny screw that holds the part of the flap that is attached to the watch has some rust already.  It has been brutally hot and humid so I'm sure my arm had some sweat, but it doesn't seem like the screw should have rusted so quickly.

3.  Since the screw is rusted, what should I do about it?  

Thanks in advance!

get back in touch with shotscope, seems like a faulty screw as they shouldnt rust, not in 3 weeks anyway.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"