hckymeyer

Hoping to start the medal hunt on Thursday 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

seasons pretty much over here sadly- these will be the only medals I can strive for ;)

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Apologies for the delay, stage two is here!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Nice stage two, John 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Nice review John!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I finally had some time to catch up and read all the Stage 2's here. Great job, gents!

Although it would take some time to get all the data required, it seems to me these types of systems might be really helpful in determining how far you actually hit clubs and the gapping. To some extent, the stats may be secondary as many of us already have a pretty good idea of our strengths/weaknesses.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Okay, I've got my first batch of medals and a few thoughts on the update, which has changed the way the web interface works a little bit too...

Before anything else, I'm currently at 800 points for anyone looking for a MGS leaderboard ;)

What is the first thing you notice with the update?

Once you complete a round and upload it to your device, it doesn't show you the round score/outcome, you get a new icon indicating the round needs editing/signing off.

In the web interface your round no longer has an "edit" button visible, it asks you to sign off your round and then displays the per hole score. You can select to edit your round from this screen.

I do have to note at this point that the GPS to map accuracy seemed to be improved on the course I played.

Having checked over the round, I signed it off and was immediately greeted by a screen telling me about the medals I had received from the round.

So, on to the medals pages...

You now get a medals overview page in the interface, which gives you your overall score and a view of how many medals you have in each category

1-Overview.jpg

You can open each of these categories up to see what medals you have received in them. Cool and windy day today, my best drive of the rounds was 272 yards, not quite enough to ping that next one :)

2-Driver.jpg

Another example would be "streaks" where you maintain a run of greens in regulation, a run of birdies etc

3-Streaks.jpg

But "scoring" gives some fun variations, such as having got a birdie, been down in two or recovering a par after landing in a bunker at some point on a hole.
However, this page does also show up the one issue I have with this update.

My local course is two 9 holes you can play to make up an 18, however Shot Scope records two separate "out" rounds and doesn't combine them to be an 18, so there's a whole bunch of medals which you can't gain as they are locked for use as part of a "full" round...

4-Scoring.jpg

Back on the default "rounds" screen, you can now select a played round and underneath the overview there are some additional details about how it compares to recent rounds and what medals were unlocked on this round.

5-Round_Overview.jpg

So, thoughts?

Overall, very interesting. I think the medals are going to be fun, but by the same token I think for the better than average to good players you'll get most of the realistic ones very quickly and then it's going to be a wait for those one off events that unlock another. The driving medals go up to 400 yards, for example, well beyond the reach of most.

Everything seems a little more "slick" in terms of design, but it is just a little annoying not getting your round score until you sign off the round and not being able to tie two 9-hole rounds together is annoying now a bunch of the medals are tied to full 18-hole rounds.

Overall, great, but still a little work to be done in my opinion. A great idea though, just needs some user feedback tweaking now.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

lBYwEDm.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOH

This is an awesome update. I'm a sucker for medals and achievements. Back in my gaming days, I'd go out of my way to collect the Xbox achievements. This seems like a great way to develop parts of your game that don't get a lot of attention. Bravo!

Score one for Shot Scope

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

lBYwEDm.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOH

This is an awesome update. I'm a sucker for medals and achievements. Back in my gaming days, I'd go out of my way to collect the Xbox achievements. This seems like a great way to develop parts of your game that don't get a lot of attention. Bravo!

Score one for Shot Scope

Yeah I'm the same as you Stud, hoping to start the medal chase this afternoon.... ( NZ time) 😁😎

Apparently the ability to merge 9s to make an 18, the inability to do so being my only real criticism of the new update, will be added in the next week or so.

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Managed to get 45 medals today including the 275 yard medal 😁😎

Managed to get 45 medals today including the 275 yard medal 😁😎

Damn you... :)

If I could combine my rounds into an 18 I'd be tracking with you and I've been over 300 yards in my last five rounds prior to last night. Some work to doo this weekend, clearly :D

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

It's blowing a hooley today, might try and get some 300+ medals downwind with my hybrid ;)

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

You have work to do? I'm only on 545 points so it's me that has the work to do 😁😎

I do really like the new set up and the fact that you have to confirm the round 😁

You have work to do? I'm only on 545 points so it's me that has the work to do

I do really like the new set up and the fact that you have to confirm the round

Ah, yes. As medal levels go up the points do too. My par streak was worth a fair amount it seems, though if it had allowed me to merge my rounds I'd have been flying on that (it's a fairly easy course, but still... I missed out on my "On in two" medal twice through hitting past the green on par 5s :) )

I do think it's important to say that I am, so far, very impressed by the team behind Shot Scope.

I've contacted them a few times through different routes and they have been consistently fast to respond and helpful.

I contacted support as they didn't have my original putter in their club database, within hours it was there.

I commented on their Facebook post about medals that I thought it was good, but not being able to merge two 9s was an annoyance and by the time I woke up they'd replied to say it will be added...

So far, the customer team seems really on the ball.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Ah, yes. As medal levels go up the points do too. My par streak was worth a fair amount it seems, though if it had allowed me to merge my rounds I'd have been flying on that (it's a fairly easy course, but still... I missed out on my "On in two" medal twice through hitting past the green on par 5s :) )

I do think it's important to say that I am, so far, very impressed by the team behind Shot Scope.

I've contacted them a few times through different routes and they have been consistently fast to respond and helpful.

I contacted support as they didn't have my original putter in their club database, within hours it was there.

I commented on their Facebook post about medals that I thought it was good, but not being able to merge two 9s was an annoyance and by the time I woke up they'd replied to say it will be added...

So far, the customer team seems really on the ball.

I agree, the support has been great 😁. I had exactly the same experience with my putter with the same result 😎

I agree, the support has been great . I had exactly the same experience with my putter with the same result

Ditto :)

Shot Scope V2 Stage Two Review {20/8/2018}

By mdumble21 (Matt Dumble)

Well, it's been 2 months since I got the Shot Scope V2 watch, and so far it's been an interesting relationship. I've played 6 rounds with the watch over this period of time. Normally I'd play 2-3 times a week, but the weather's been atrocious (it's winter over here) and I work half the time, so I've been struggling to find the time to play.

Whenever I do find the time to play and test out the watch, I've been focusing on 3 main things - how the watch feels on my wrist, its ease of use and how it compares to my GPS unit. 

Looks & Feel (5 out of 10 points) 

When I first saw the Shot Scope V2 watch in the plastic flesh, I was a little unimpressed with its overall look and size. I was expecting something closer in size to a Garmin GPS running watch (which I own and use on a frequent basis), whereas the V2 watch was about 20% bigger. In terms of feel, the watch felt as big as it looked. Where the Garmin watch had a shape that tried to conform to your wrist, the V2 increased size and stiff (in comparison) band made it difficult to fit to my (quite thin) wrist. Hopefully in the future, the watch will become smaller as the technology produces smaller chips, etc.

The overall bulk and look of the watch would make it a nuisance to wear on a daily basis - I don't usually wear a watch anyway.

Build quality is somewhere that the V2 goes gain some points, as I have yet to see any cracks or scratches anywhere on the watch over the past 2 months. Whilst I do think that the watch will get a bit dinged up over time, it won't be happening for a while.

Setup (9 out of 10 points)

I found the Shot Scope V2 watch to be quite easy to initially set-up. Whilst it wasn't straightforward, the instructional guide made it extremely easy to set-up your Shot Scope account, My Bag, as well as syncing your watch with your favourite courses. 

The only problem I had with the set-up was when I lost the Quick Guide out on my first round with the watch. Fortunately the Shot Scope Set-Up and FAQ were easy to understand and answered any of my questions. 

Installation on my laptop was fairly easy, although it did struggle to download as it's an iMac rather than a traditional laptop (I've had that problem with other apps so I don't mind it). Downloading it onto my iPhone was much easier and very quick.

On-Course (8 out of 20 points)

Out on the course, I found that the watch didn't really affect my swing, although it would occasionally put me off as I never worn a watch whilst playing golf before. 

Most of the time the V2 didn't really impact my game, apart from when I had to do the Pin Collect. Pin Collect is the system that Shot Scope uses to measure your putting stats, and in order to accurately enter your putts and the location of the hole. There were quite a few occasions where I simply forgot to enter my putting data and would have to edit it on the computer post-round. I can see this being an issue if you are playing with certain kinds of golfers, as they will view the action as you wasting time on the course.

Whilst the above problems can be annoyances, I can easily see me getting used to them over time and I will have to incorporate them into my usual golf routine. 

There are 3 modes that you can activate in the Shot Scope V2:

GPS - Just gives you distances to the green, bunkers and hazards

Pro - Only tracks your club distances

GPS + Pro - Gives you distances and tracks your club distances as well

I've only used the GPS and GPS+Pro modes as I was comparing the distance accuracy of the watch versus my GPS unit. Overall, I found these modes quite easy to use, with the only problem being that the watch took a little bit longer to find tracking satellites than my GPS unit, but only by a minute at most.

In terms of a comparison, there are a few differences between my GPS and the V2 watch:

My GPS gave a detailed map of the hole, whereas the GPS only gave me numbers for the green, bunkers and hazards.

The GPS is bulkier than the watch (obviously), meaning I have to pull it out of my bag rather than just glancing at my wrist.

The GPS had access to more courses, particularly in Australia as well as having a few specialty courses already uploaded (e.g. Augusta and Le Golf National)

However, both the GPS and the V2 had the option to ask for additional courses via their respective websites so this isn't really a deal breaker.

One thing to note is that my home course is a 9 hole course with 2 separate tee boxes on every hole, which is fine for if I use the V2 watch's GPS mode. However, one of the holes has 2 separate greens (for the 5th and 14th holes respectively) making it look like the letter Y from above. Neither my GPS unit or the V2 watch recognise the 14th hole as a separate hole, which isn't a problem on GPS mode as there are distance markings on sprinkler heads. Unfortunately, in order for me to properly record an 18 hole round at my home course, I'd have to record 2 separate rounds (one for each 9), as well as edit in the stats for the 14th hole when I finish which is fairly inconvenient.

Accuracy (9 out of 10 points)

In order to measure the accuracy of the V2 watch, I've compared it with my GPS unit, as well as a friend's rangefinder.

In terms of accuracy, the V2 watch produces numbers that match my GPS unit, and are similar to the ones given by a rangefinder. In the case of the rangefinder, it was giving numbers for the pin position, rather than the front and back of the green like for the other two.

Dashboard Interface (7 out of 10 points)

I found the Dashboard interface to be interesting to say the least. The set-up for both the desktop and my mobile was extremely easy and straightforward. 

The desktop app did work well for a while, but it soon starting not being to recognise me plugging my watch in to upload any new rounds. This was becoming a big problem for me, as at one stage I had 3 rounds of data on my watch that hadn't been uploaded correctly. Luckily for me, the mobile app got around this problem by simply using a Bluetooth interface rather than the physical cable.

The Dashboard on the mobile app was better than the desktop one as you could accurately view and change your information. This precision became in particularly handy whenever I needed to enter in the correct pin position for my putting data (this happened a few times).

Whilst the desktop app is quite immersive, it would be better off with the editing feature as it's something that a lot of customers would use. Apart from that little issue, the Dashboard presented any and all of my data in an easy-to-understand fashion and with some brief explanations when needed.

Data Usefulness (12 out of 20 points)

Diving deeper into the various features of the Dashboard, it quickly became obvious that you needed to be quite knowledgeable of how the stats were calculated in order to understand them properly. I found the charts and graphics to be a bit overwhelming in some cases - this isn't really a criticism, but rather something to keep in mind when you properly analyse your data.

One thing I did notice is that the majority of my club distances were out by a measure of 10m (11yd), which I quickly worked out was due to the fact that I play a lot of hilly golf courses resulting in lower average distances. Whilst the watch is great for measuring distances, it still doesn't take into account a 10 degree incline, for example. Apart from that, my club gapping seemed to be fairly accurate, with 10m gaps between the irons.

Whilst the Dashboard feature was well-presented, and gave brief explanations on the stats, I don't think it's something I would be using on a routinely basis. I'm simply not that much of a stats guy, so viewing the sheer volume of data that the V2 watch produces very quickly goes over my head.

Play it or Trade it? (7 out of 20 points)

The Shot Scope V2 watch is a device that I see being used by the kind of golfer who knows what his stats are, and how he can use them to his advantage. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those golfers. Whilst I do see the benefits of knowing my Greens in Regulations and number of putts per round, the sheer volume of data and stats produced by the watch through its Dashboard interface can easily go over your head.

As a result of this, I would likely trade the V2 watch for something else. Not because it's a bad device (because it's not!), but rather because it's not something I can see myself using on a round-to-round basis.

Conclusion

The Shot Scope V2 watch is a fantastic device that enables the average golfer to gather helpful information on not only their club distances, but their accuracy and misses as well. Whilst the V2 watch is a great device, it isn't without its flaws. The overall size of the watch is a tad bulky; the GPS tags can be a bit difficult to secure to your clubs (and you could risk damaging your grips if you try and remove them); the Dashboard interface can be overwhelming to the average hacker; and you may need to change your routine in order to properly use the watch whilst out on the course.

Despite all this, the V2 watch is quite accurate, and the Dashboard interface can be helpful if you know what you're doing. Therefore, I would recommend the V2 watch to the golfer who can properly use the Dashboard to improve their overall game (unlike myself, who simply gets overwhelmed by the data overload). 

Final Score: 57 out of 100

Matt,

awesome write up. thanks.

very informative and straightforward. No BS.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Stage Two - The Review {9/12/18}

Shot Scope V2 – Official MGS Forum Review by JohnSmalls

Intro

And we're back!  These past few months have been a whirlwind both on and off of the course; but it has been an honor to test Shot Scope for the MGS community.  Thank you very much guys for your trust and patience!

I tested the Shot Scope system by the very scientific method of playing golf to a high handicap which equals a lot of swings from less than desirable locations.  I tested the system on previously charted courses and courses that had to be newly uploaded.  During my testing I tried trick the system by not following directions like: not taking recommended practice swings, playing speed golf and having the watch set up for a “right handed golfer” whilst I am a lefty.  I also tried to trick the system hitting numerous provisional balls and inevitably by losing (a lot) of golf balls.  

Being a high capper and a millennial, I am a sucker for new tech; especially if it will help me better my game.  So how did Shot Scope perform with around 1000 strokes from 5 different courses?  Did it help a high capper reach my summer goal of playing bogey golf?

Looks & Feel (7 out of 10 points)—Points deducted for overall size and clasps being plastic and for looking like a house arrest tracking device, and tags falling out of grips.

Describe the following for the watch and sensors:

• You've heard:  YES the watch is big.  I wear an Apple Watch, and Shot Scope comes in a touch bigger.   But here is where Shot Scope shines.  I find Shot Scope more comfortable than my Apple watch.  It simply disappears as soon as you start swinging the stick.  The rubber grip does an adequate job of locking the watch in place and being lightweight.  The build quality is almost entirely a durable plastic or rubber and feels like it will easily make it through 4-5 years of use.  However, it is staying on the golf course only and customization doesn't exist.  This thing is not for public consumption, unless you are already married, don't care to have anymore kids and aren't looking to make a sale to anyone. 
  • The sensors fit well and are built to take a beating in your bag.  However, they need to be watched, as they are suspect to fall out over a couple of months of use.

Setup (9 out of 10 points)—1 point deduction for having to install individual courses manually

• Are the instructions clear and easy to understand?
    • Instructions are very clear and easy to understand.  Most importantly, they are accurate.
  • How easy was installation? (PC, Phone, or Tablet is needed)
    • Physical installation is very simple and instructions are not really needed.  Simply screw the plastic tabs into the corresponding clubs grips, and put a watch on your glove hand's wrist. 
    • Setup is a little more delicate but still relatively simple. 
      • First, go to shotscope.com and create an account. 
      • Next click the “My Bag” link and label all of the club tags with your corresponding club brand and model (if you clubs are not listed, a quick email with a turnaround time within the business day will remedy that problem). 
      • Then go to “My Courses”, find the course you are playing download via PC or mobile app, connect Shot Scope watch with the provided USB cable or Bluetooth for mobile app and Sync your devices.  You are off to the golf course! 
  • Did you need to ask for help or search online for an answer during setup?
    • Nope! Provided paper guide will take guide you all the way!

On-Course (16 out of 20 points)

• Does it affect your swing?  Not at all.
  • Did you have to think about or remember anything to use the product
    • The system fairly simple to use.  The only time I found myself searching for the correct button was when I hit a ball OB or hit a provisional.  The buttons are not well labeled  which inevitably becomes a hunt and search procedure no matter how many times you have read the user guide. 
    • Using Pin collect at the hole takes thought at first, but becomes an automatic reaction the more you use the Shot Scope system..
  • Did it interfere with your normal golfing routine?
    • Other than remembering to press pin collect or remembering to label a lost ball, it didn't change a thing. 
  • How intuitive was using it on the course?
    • Using the watch was just plug in and swing, and the watch prompts you to pin collect when you are on the green, no problems at all.  Again, the watch becomes a little less intuitive and sometimes confusing when losing balls and recording penalty shots, or accidentally hitting that button and trying to get back to the round without adding unnecessary penalties.  The buttons need to be physically labelled and a “back” button needs to be added.
  • Did you like using it?
    • It has been a pleasure to use.  I have accurate distances and my playing partners continue to ask questions after multiple rounds.
  • Compare and contrast to what you are currently using or have used in the past.
    • My old setup consisted of a Garmin Approach S3 watch, Swing x Swing iphone app, and a Tec Tec Tec rangefinder. 
      • The Garmin was my go to device for distance and recording the distance of shots.  Keeping score is not easy to complete due to a very unresponsive touch screen (old tech).  Shot Scope V2 is noticeably more accurate, keeps score for me, and doesn't have the unresponsive touch screen.  The Garmin does allow you to track the distance of any individual shot from point-a to point-b and see the distance real time---Shot Scope does not and I would like to see this feature added. 
      • Swing x Swing provides real time GPS, shot tracking, and an overview of the hole.  The only feature that is better with Swing x Swing is the course/current hole birds eye view.
      • TecTecTec is accurate enough, but I had trouble locking on to the pin, it takes longer than a GPS watch.  The one benefit is to the rangefinder is being able to find the distances to doglegs or random markers that aren't recognized by other GPS based systems. 
      • If I had to choose, I am a GPS watch guy.

Accuracy (7 out of 10 points)—Points for exceptional on course GPS accuracy, putt tracking accuracy, penalty shot scoring and tracking.  Deductions—Phantom shots, missed shots around the green, amount of time for round edits.

• Are the yardages given by the watch accurate?
    • I have had the pleasure of playing with a few members (Kor.A.Dor and BigStu) who use Bushnell and Precision Pro rangefinders, as well as a few other guys who use newer GPS based watches from Garmin.  The Shot Scope was dead on the money with the laser based systems and I found them to be more accurate than the other GPS based watches. 
  • Does it track every shot?
    • Unfortunately NO.  This is my biggest gripe with Shot Scope.  Short touch shots around the green with anything other than a putter are not recorded more times than not and require post round editing to be added.  On newly added courses, Shot Scope also has a problem with registering phantom strokes.  My home course is the worst culprit for this.  On the par 4, number 9, the tee box is back to back with a tee box from an earlier hole.  Number 9 is always a mid to short iron off the tee.  Without fail, Shot Scope records a driver being struck from the cart path going to the tee box and then the actual tee shot with the mid or short iron.  Other phantom shots have been recorded but have been extremely rare to the tune of 11 in about 1000 strokes (most on same hole)—***fix has been found: delete course from watch and PC/phone, download again and reinstall
  • How does it handle when you go OB or punch out?
    • I have tested this feature more than most, and I can confidently say as long as you remember which button to press, the system does admirably recording punchouts, provisional and lost golf balls.  Punchouts need to be correctly labeled as a “positional” shot in an after round edit so that the distances don't get averaged into your club stats.
  • Do you have to spend much time editing?
    • YES, the total time is a problem.  Shot Scope is supposed to function behind the scenes with minimal input from the user.  Most of the time it does this well, but I end up spending 10 minutes or so per 9 holes.  The worst part about editing is having to add shots or try to edit shots recorded on the green.

Dashboard Interface (8 out of 10 points):  Points gained for ease of use and overall performance. Points deducted for editing frustrations using mobile app

Be sure to spend time navigating the desktop/web interface as well as the mobile app.  Try your best to explore every feature.

• Is the overall experience intuitive?
    • Yes, the desktop/web interface is simple to understand and use without instruction.  It takes all of logging on and clicking around to work and edit on a computer. 
    • Mobile application is smooth operationally and easy to view stats but I prefer the larger screen of  PC.
    • Editing rounds on PC is easy.  Editing rounds on a mobile device is maddening, especially around the green.  On both PC and mobile, the software does not zoom in nearly enough around the green.  Then trying to select a specific putt is heroic test of patience, especially when the pin moves instead of your putt. The desktop is much easier especially using mouse and a larger screen.  However, the view of the green still does not zoom in enough on either application.
  • Best Feature / any missing options?
    • The GPS watch is stellar.  Distances are spot on and immediate, and distances to the front/back of major hazards is easy to see and very helpful.  Shot Scope's proprietary system of adjusting distances to front/middle/back of the green depending on the direction of the shot is a game changer and just adds to the accuracy of the product.
    • I love the raw stats of Shot Scope, but the feature that I would most like to see is an Arccos style trending handicap system so that the data can be better used to improve your game. 
    • Battery life has been as advertised, when starting at 100% (27 holes on one charge).  However, it takes AGES to charge (roughly 5 hours for 100%).  My unit will not hold a charge over the course of a week even while powered off.  Meaning if I don't charge the unit the night before, I don't have enough juice for 9 holes the following week. 
    • Club tags need some work to stay screwed into clubs.
  • Is the data presented straightforward or do you have to search for what you're trying to find?

The data is straightforward and very easy to access.

• Talk about any Customer Service interactions you've had:
    • My home course was not listed when my Shot Scope arrived, so I sent a quick message to customer service, problem solved in one day. 
    • I brought up the battery life issues that I have been having, customer service replied in one day stating this is an isolated problem and will be replacing my watch.

Data Usefulness (18 out of 20 points)-No hidden meanings here.  The system tells you where you are accurate, where you miss, and how far your clubs make a golf ball travel. 

• Do you play better or worse now that you've started tracking every single detail?
    • Better!  I still have meltdown holes.  But, my club selection is better because of these stats, my misses aren't as bad as before, and honestly I am just playing better golf. 
  • How are your club gaps now that you've got real data?
    • My wedge setup is spot on and appropriately spaced and have been the best and most consistent performers in the bag since data collection.  Woods are a close second out of the fairway.  My driver dispersion and irons gaps have been Jekyll and Hyde and need a lot of practice. 
  • Are you able to identify areas of your game for improvement?  Yes!
    • Driver dispersion and mid-long irons absolutely suck.  These need lots of work!
  • Is there any instruction offered?
    • None at all, and that is by design.  Shot Scope wants to give you pure vanilla numbers and let you/your swing coach decipher what needs to be worked on.
  • Were you able to bring the handicaps for those parts of your game down?
    • Yes, my short game is money and shorter irons are getting better!  My next big step is driver dispersion.
  • Is there any information that was surprising to you?
    • Driver distance and consistent wedge distance/gapping
  • Most/least useful metric presented?
    • Club distances, I can trust my swing and club now and that is leading to more greens hit.
    • Least: Club usage percentage, I don't use this at all.

Play it or Trade it? (19 out of 20 points)

PLAY IT!  Despite the shortcomings, this is a good product.  I am a fan of GPS watches anyway, and this is one of the best on the market, with a very competitive price to boot…and you get shot tracking included. If I was in the market for a new GPS watch, I would certainly give Garmin a look, but Shot Scope is getting my money.  From knowing the distances on my wrist are accurate to knowing my club distances, I am hitting greens more often and have now played bogey golf for the first time ever.  This product is for any golfer that is serious about improving their game or a golfer looking for the most accurate GPS watch on the market.

Conclusion

Shot Scope is a big watch, but it disappears into your swing like it is a part of you and is one of the best GPS watches available.  At $200-$250 it is a well-built product that will withstand years of use.  It tracks rounds without much manual input.  However 10-20 minutes of editing is required after the round to check accuracy and add or delete 2 or 3 strokes and the club tags can fall out over time if not checked.  The PC interface is straightforward and easy to use for those that are either tech-savvy or allergic to computers. The statistics are displayed logically and clearly.   As a high handicap golfer, I had my sights set on playing bogey golf before the end of the summer and with the help of data analytics, mission accomplished.  Shot Scope may not be perfect and neither is my golf game; but Shot Scope does exactly what is asked of it and has helped me become a better golfer—for me it is a YES.

Final Score: (84 out of 100)

John,

Thanks for the review. I enjoyed reading it immensely.

It seems that there is a common issue here with post round editing required.

Matt gave it a final score of 57, you 84. Now to see what Nunfa0 says about it.

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Stage Two - The Review   01 August 2018

Shot Scope V2 – Official MGS Forum Review by Nunfa0 (John Hampton)

Intro

Well here we are, my fellow golfers, nearly two months later, after 15 rounds of golf and 1063 recorded shots, it's time to give a verdict. The initial excitement has not diminished and this has been a great experience. Again I have to say a massive thank you to MGS and Shot Scope for this opportunity.

My whole approach to this test has been simply to play as much as I could and let the numbers do the talking. I wanted to see if it was a simple as Shot Scope said and if it really doesn't intrude too much when you are playing. I was hoping to see what this type of technology could do for my game.

I wouldn't say that I have spent hours in a darkened room studying the data that I have produced but it has been fun to see what is truly going on with my game. I was able to use my Callaway range finder to check the accuracy of the GPS and took a few photos of the pin positions to check as well.

One thing I have found is that now when I get ready to go and play, the watch is one of the first things I reach for. It has truly become an integral part of my game and I would feel naked without it.

So without further ado, here is what I really think of the Shot Scope V2 GPS watch.

Looks & Feel (8 out of 10 points)

General Shape / Size / Fit

The watch itself is quite large, some would say chunky, but the shape fits my eye. The screen is a really good size and all of the numbers are very clear. The strap is comfortable and holds very well but, as I have been testing in winter, I am yet to see how it feels in the heat. Already I have noticed that once the temperature gets into the teens (Celcius) I begin to sweat a little under the watch.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180713_131356_resized_20180801_102509585.jpg

The watch sits well on my wrist but if you have a larger wrist it may not be so good. The back of the watch is rigid and has no give so could be problematic.  Also if you don't have the strap tight enough the plastic latch doesn't sit flat.

You do have to be careful of how close to your hand the watch sits on your wrist because if you wear a glove like me, it can actually press the buttons when you swing if the watch is too close. It's quite annoying to try to pin collect and the thing has gone back to the previous hole.

The tags are solid and the perfect size for the top of the grips. They sit really well on the the flat topped grips but do sit above the rounded top grips on some of my clubs.

Would you wear it in your daily activities?

The simple answer is no.

It really is a bit of a one trick pony but that's ok, it doesn't pretend to be anything else. There has been an update that gives the time and date on the main screen but I can't see myself ever using it just as a watch.

Durability or build quality

The build quality is excellent but I do have a couple of reservations. The strap is made of rubber and I have seen similar ones split after just one years use. Hopefully this one will last. Also where the strap attaches to the watch can be a weak point but it all looks fine so far.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180801_114905_resized_20180801_102510921.jpg

On the back of the watch is a small rubber cover that slots in where the cord attaches. The little screw that holds that in place has rusted. It's more annoying than anything else but I thought they would have made sure parts exposed to sweat would have been rust proof. ( then again knowing my luck I got the only one in the world that will do that)

attachicon.gif IMG_20180801_105246_resized_20180801_102510251.jpg

The top of the tags are scratched but there is no surprise in that. I don't think it will have any adverse effect on them. The tags are still all solidly in place.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180803_200947_resized_20180803_081113655.jpg

Setup (10 out of 10 points)

Are the instructions clear and easy to understand?

Yes they are. The set up took no time at all. All I had to do was go to the website, download the app and register. Everything was intuitive and very quick to do.

How easy was installation?

Very easy, as stated above the computer and mobile installation was quick and simple. Installing the tags was even easier and only took five minutes. The longest part of set up was setting up "my bag" and even that only took 10 minutes. All you have to do is choose the tag, assign the club and then drag it to the correct position. All the tags can be used for any club except your putter. For that you have to use the putter tag. (see my awesome stage one for photos)

Do you need a phone/computer/tablet to setup the product?

You really need a laptop for the initial set up but once that is done you can do everything with you mobile device.

Did you need to ask for help or search online for an answer during setup?

No, the only issue was caused by my poor internet at the time. (An issue that has now been fixed.)

On-Course (20 out of 20 points)

Does it affect your swing?

Not at all. I was a little concerned about how I would get on with the watch but after a couple of holes I had forgotten it was there. As for the tags, they don't even register even though I hold the club right at the end of the grip.

Did you have to think about or remember anything to use the product?

Yes, you have to get used to "pin collect" at the greens to mark how many putts you had but  after a couple of rounds it became automatic for me. Also if you hit a ball out of bounds, have to take a drop or penalty, you need to remember to add it by selecting the right option on the watch.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180719_150821_resized_20180801_102510605.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_20180719_151039_resized_20180801_102508814.jpg

Did it interfere with your normal golfing routine?

Nope, it is literally hole the putt, press a button on the watch and pick the ball out of the hole or hit the ball in a lake, play your next shot, press the menu button, select the type of penalty and carry on.

How intuitive was using it on the course?

Very intuitive, everything is almost spoon feed to you. All of your options are at the push of a button. To start a round you turn it on, press the button at the top right by the flag icon, select the mode you want and it searches for the GPS. Then check it has you at the right course, press the button by the tick and off you go. With pin collect once you are on the verge of the green it automatically comes up. The main screen has 0, 1, 2 or 3 putts as the options. You can press the menu button and on the second screen find 4 putts or pick up. Any more than 4 putts and its time to go home I think.

attachicon.gif IMG_20180719_150829_resized_20180801_102508985.jpg

Did you like using it?

I love using it!! It has become like a personal challenge for me to try and beat my longest drive or closest approach. I am always trying to improve my playing average for each club and get the proper gapping.

I wouldn't know what to do now without the GPS giving me the front, middle and back of the green no matter what angle I have managed to find.  

Compare and contrast to what you are currently using or have used in the past.

Well compared to my mark one eye ball and slightly warped brain, this thing is the greatest super computer ever made and could give us the question to go with the answer "42"!!

Accuracy (7 out of 10 points)

Are the yardages given by the watch accurate?  

As accurate as can be expected. Actually I was surprised by how close it was compared to my range finder. Each time I checked there was maybe a metre or two in between. It is a little out when you get on the green and may not put the pin exactly where it was but thats easy fixed in editing. Being a couple of metres out can also be the difference between being in a bunker and being beside a bunker. Again the magic of editing fixes all.

Does it track every shot?

This is where it loses points. Some of the shorter shots don't register from time to time and occasionally it will register a shot when all you have done is move forward with the club in the watch hand and hit the ground with it. It has also registered "ghost" shots that never happened but a quick email to the help desk exorsised that demon

How does it handle when you go OB or punch out?

OB is fixed with the push of two buttons, menu to get to the second screen and the OB button to add the penalty. Punch outs can be changed in after round editing. You just select the hole, then the shot and change it to a "positional shot". This will take it out of the averages for the club and will help give you a true number for it.

Do you have to spend much time editing?

Personally no, I spend maybe 5 minutes after each round just tweeking the positional shots, pin placements and checking the tee shots.

Dashboard Interface (8 out of 10 points)

Is the overall experience intuitive?

For me yes it was. The dashboard for both computer and mobile were very easy to understand and navigate.

Is the dashboard easier to use through desktop or mobile? and why?

I wouldn't say the either was easier to use but you get more in depth information from the website and it is presented in a better way.

Is it easy to edit rounds?

Very easy. Go into the dashboard, select the round, press the pencil icon to edit then just start at the first hole. The rest is almost childs play.

attachicon.gif Edit.png

Best Feature / any missing options?

The best feature for me is the fact that when you look at your round you can see where you hit your shots on a satellite image of the course. It's great for sharing on social media and showing off to friends. It also gives a permanent record of your triumphs!!

attachicon.gif eagle!.jpg

I would like to see some sort of handicap system or comparison with other players.  

Is the data presented straightforward or do you have to search for what you're trying to find?

The data is presented really well and takes no finding at all. The graphs are easy and look like a driving range or target depending on what you are looking at. It's fun to use and easy to see when you are improving. I love that you can look at the current round, last five rounds or your whole season to see your stats. It really lest you see if your getting longer and straighter off the tee, or closer to the hole. Oh and the never up never in irks me but I love it!!

attachicon.gif Tee shot distance.png

attachicon.gif Approach.png

attachicon.gif Short Game.png

attachicon.gif b9c55103-87b9-4bf5-9fa0-5d9ac1534de1.png

Talk about any Customer Service interactions you've had.

I have contacted customer service 3 times and each time they have addressed the problem and apart from my own internet problem fixed the issue within 24 hours. They have been brilliant!!

Data Usefulness (15 out of 20 points)

Do you play better or worse now that you've started tracking every single detail?

Well, to be honest, I feel that there is no difference in my game but I am choosing better clubs for shots and I feel that come summer I will see a vast improvement.

How are your club gaps now that you've got real data?

If you go by the average there is very little between my hybrid all the way down to my 7 iron but when you get to the 8 iron down its about 10 to 20 metres between each club. I think it has helped a lot but again summer will tell the true story.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_20180806-150132.png

Are you able to identify areas of your game for improvement?

Yes and it's very simple. I just need to hit more greens!! It really did show just how many I miss.

attachicon.gif Screenshot_20180806-150418.png

Is there any instruction offered?

Ummm, no.

Is there any information that was surprising to you?

The usage really shows just how much I use my driver. It's no wonder that I go through so many!!

attachicon.gif Tee shots.png

Most/least useful metric presented?

Most useful would be playing averages. It gives me a better idea of how far I can actually hit the ball, not how far I think I hit the ball.

Least useful is the Never up, Never in. I already know that I leave the ball short more often than not when I putt, so it feels like Shot Scope is laughing at me. Or is that with me? (Still love it though)

attachicon.gif Putting.png

Play it or Trade it? (20 out of 20 points)

This product has won me over and I will be using it from now on. I love having the stats to check how I am performing and am looking forward to adding to them.Every round I am trying to improve my longest drive, longest holed putts, GIR and up and down average. It has made each round important and adds to the challenge on the course.

The information is really helping me make better club choices and having the GPS distances on my wrist confirms it. I love how I don't need to have a score card to keep count of my score and I think this is showing how we will work in the future.

I feel this is for the type of golfer that wants an accurate GPS and to know how far he or she hits each club, what the gapping between clubs are, how accurate they are at hitting greens, percentage of up and downs and just how good or bad their putting is.

Final Score: 88 out of 100

Conclusion

Shot Scope V2 and I have started a relationship that should be long lasting but it is not for everyone. If you are looking for a great GPS with that extra selling point of shot tracking and statistical analysis then this could be the system for you. I have found it very easy to use, it has great customer service and the updates seem to improve it very nicely. Personally I like having all of the stats at my finger tips but I can't see how it can shave two shots off your handicap in a year.

It is not the be all and end all that will fix your game.

It's great that it can tell you that you hit 35% of your drives to the right but it can't change your swing to fix that, only you can do that.

It is not perfect but is the beginning of the future of golf. I can see all golfers using this type of system in the future and having live scoring and stats for every golfer on every course around the world. Imagine being able to run an MGS tournament with players from every continent, with live scoring and longest drive competitions built in!!  Shot Scope and the like are the first step towards that goal.

Thanks for reading my waffle, John.

John,

Awesome to read your stage 2.

Throughout this challenge, your excitement for the prduct was always portrayed through your words and it showed. I'm glad you liked this product.

I can't remember if post round editing is required in Arccos, but i would really be interested in you using Arccos and comparing them head to head. Also, to help me decide.

Thanks John

Dexterity:

Stage 2

Intro

Its now been about 2 months of testing. I've used it for 18 hole practice rounds, 9 hole practice rounds and for official competitions as that's where I feel the real stats are, as we all mostly play better under no pressure, so I felt competitive rounds at my home and away courses would really show my strengths and weaknesses.

I didn't use the iPhone app as I wanted less to no involvement during my competitive rounds as that's what the makers claim the system is ideal for i.e set up and play.

The watch itself is large but unobtrusive once it's on. It connects to GPS signals very fast, way faster than my skycaddie watch which can be up to 5 minutes to acquire contact. Shotscope averaged well under a minute. As a glasses wearer I found the size of the digits a joy to look at as I wear distance glasses so when I look at my skycaddie I have to screw up my eyes to focus on the middle distance, with Shotscope I could easily read front middle and back with no eye pain. The accuracy of distances I felt was also better than skycaddie but I have no real evidence to support this apart from comparing with fellow players gps systems and lasers on the same hole. I have known two skycaddies side by side to have a +/- 3 yards on some holes.

First issue I had with using the system for a lone practice round is I could only hit one ball and play like it was a medal round. Normally I would tee off then hit 2 balls to a green with several practice chip shots and putts if no-one was behind me, that's how I practice on course but for the sake of the testing I didn't want to jeopardize the stats. It kind of forced me to do a full 18 in 2 hrs when I would normally play around 9 holes with lots of practice shots. A small point but worth pointing out for anyone who practices on course like I do.

Second issue on a practice round which was also a much greater issue during a competition, was the fact as soon as you near a green, or walk over one to your chip shot from behind the green, the system automatically goes into ‘collecting your number of putts' mode. Subsequently chip shots weren't recorded so when you entered one putt (chipped stone dead) it recorded a birdie when it should have been par. In one competition it missed both the chip and 3 putts on a par 5 and recorded a double eagle 2! I contacted customer support, who responded quite quickly, to ask if theres a way to stop that or click it back into full course mode but they said the only way is to stay away from the green for a minimum of 30 seconds to let it automatically go back. Not ideal during a competition when pace of play is important.

I've kept the categories below suggested by MGS as they are exactly the type of questions we golfers ask, or wanted to know but were afraid to ask

It also makes easy reference reading if you have a particular question needing answered.

Looks & Feel ( 5 out of 10 points)

Describe the following for the watch and sensors:

• General Shape / Size / Fit – Big on wrist but comfortable. The strap is a bit fiddly to secure and the rubber strap can be a sweat inducer in summer temperatures.
  • Would you wear it in your daily activities – definitely not! Too big for shirt cuffs, doesn't match any outfits and it's only the time you would glean from it.
  • Customization (if any) – none that I was aware of.
  • Durability or build quality (with a prediction on the long-term) – The watch seems good quality but I'm not sure how long the rubber strap would last.

Setup ( 7 out of 10 points)

• Are the instructions clear and easy to understand? – The small leaflet seems clear but I didn't find the actual set up that intuitive at all, it beggared more questions than providing answers and finding answers to my questions meant another email to customer support as the website FAQ wasn't definitive enough. I felt it should be targeted at people who have no tech knowledge who could follow a really basic step by step guide. I'm quite tech savvy and it had me quite frustrated at times with no solution or even a potential solution.
  • How easy was installation? Sensors were tough to install (for me) as I have midsize grips with extra tape. I had to give my fingers a rest in between screwing (oooeerr missus) them in. Most didn't sit flush with the grip. See pics in stage 1. Another email to CS assured me it wouldn't affect performance nor would they come off. So far they have stayed firm but I find myself giving them a reassuring twist each time I take a club out the bag. I'm sure for standard grips it's probably a lot easier and the sensors will be flush.
  • Do you need a phone/computer/tablet to setup the product? Yes, you can only do some parts of the initial set up via a pc and a smart phone for the APP if you want to add data or view stats on the move.
  • Did you need to ask for help or search online for an answer during setup? Frequently and more than I wanted to or expected to for a simple plug in and play type system. CS were quick with responses though but it did take a few emails sometimes to get the actual answers to my questions as they tended to only answer my main question and ignored the ancillary ones which were key from a golfers perspective. Possibly CS are techies and not golfers as a golfer I would have expected not only an answer but a detailed answer and all possible other scenarios that they have experience of related to my issue. That might seem harsh but it's what I would do and what I expect and sets companies CS above the run of the mill businesses.

On-Course ( 14 out of 20 points)

• Does it affect your swing? Not at all, after a few minutes you forget the watch is on your wrist.
  • Did you have to think about or remember anything to use the product? Collecting the number of putts while standing over the hole. This wasn't explained in the set up or FAQ and took an email from CS when my on course analysis showed the pin nowhere near where it actually was. Remembering to walk widely around a green and not over it for any chip shots or the auto putt collection kicks in. Ensuring you took at least 2 practice swings very close to your ball for ALL shots or it might not record the stroke or club. Again another email to CS to be told to do this after I found it missed various shots.
  • Did it interfere with your normal golfing routine? Yes! Refer to the answer immediately above plus I sometimes take practice swings behind the ball to gauge the direction then walk into my set up. I had to change that.
  • How intuitive was using it on the course? For F/M/B yardages I loved it. Also the hazard yardages were very useful and a nice touch. If it didn't automatically go onto the next hole, or I had to add a penalty shot, or put in the wrong number of putts in error it had me pressing the wrong buttons in a trial and error manner to fix it. Possibly just me not fully embedding the watch instructions in my memory but I'd rather it guided me through a ‘correction' clearly especially when your playing partners are telling you you're on the tee. A slight distraction I could do without during a competition.
  • Did you like using it? Yes but only for F/M/B yardages and hazard distances from the tee and to greens.
  • Compare and contrast to what you are currently using or have used in the past. As previously stated it's easier to read than my skycaddie watch, picks up gps much faster and appears to be more accurate for yardages.

Accuracy ( 6 out of 10 points)

• Are the yardages given by the watch accurate?  Very! As stated a few times in this stage 2 review and in comparison to other watches and lasers.
  • Does it track every shot? No! annoyingly missing some superb drives (in my eyes), stating a different club (only 3 times), missing putts and chips.
  • How does it handle when you go OB or punch out? Never added an OB in a competitive round. Ending a round early took a couple of button tries but it worked fine.
  • Do you have to spend much time editing? Far too much. I just want to upload the round (on a positive note that takes seconds) and see all my lovely stats, but nearly everytime I uploaded I saw an inaccurate score due to missed shots or errors in recording. Editing is not intuitive and for putt and pin editing it's so tricky I eventually stopped trying as it's not as accurate as it needs to be to accurately state my putting stats. It would occasionally show a long putt that I knew was only a 3 or 4 footer.

Dashboard Interface ( 8 out of 10 points)

Be sure to spend time navigating the desktop/web interface as well as the mobile app.  Try your best to explore every feature.

• Is the overall experience intuitive? No! takes website hunting, basic FAQ's and CS emails for something that should be simple and all ‘normal' questions and scenarios should be clear on the website, FAQ or leaflet. In the ‘my bag' section when inputting your clubs you have to use a drop down list, if your club isn't there you are stuck with no clear way to continue. Another CS email had them request my club and they would add it to the drop down list database. It should say that on the ‘my bag' page rather than have me searching the pages and FAQ once again. On a positive note they added my ‘missing' clubs within hours.
  • Is the dashboard easier to use through desktop or mobile? and why? Definitely the desktop as you have to keep going back and forward on some pages and typing is easier (for me) on a proper keyboard.
  • Is it easy to edit rounds? No! some editing won't let you take out a shot without replacing it with another club, even a ghost shot. Green editing too inaccurate, the green needs to be much larger and the software needs to show a yardage when you drag a putt line, otherwise it's just a guess and I might as well just mark a guess on my scorecard.
  • Best Feature / any missing options? Yardage display is excellent, accuracy of yardages is excellent. A more intuitive menu on the watch once you are in your round, and the ability to go back to course mode when auto putts kick in would be useful.
  • Is the data presented straightforward or do you have to search for what you're trying to find? The data is all there, easy to find and looks nice with coloured dots for accuracy, yardages for each club, best and worst clubs, longest shots with each club etc etc is all easy to find. However, (there had to be a however, sorry, but it's an honest review) interpreting the data isn't self explanatory, there should be a legend or detailed paragraph to help you understand what the dots in each circle really represent and what it ‘might' mean about your game and potential improvements you should consider. My ‘graphs' had red dots in the inner circle which is great, isn't it? I only assume it's great but what does it really mean? How many are in the inner red circle?, how many outside?, whats the percentage comparisons per round or is this graph for all my shots in perpetuity?
  • Talk about any Customer Service interactions you've had? Overall the CS was fast, efficient but not as empathic as I would have hoped. In one interaction I genuinely asked if I was the only or first user ever to have asked this obvious question as the reply kept referring to the FAQ which didn't have the answer. Eventually I detailed out very simply the question and was told a solution was they could take over my account and make changes or reset which would lose my account data!

Data Usefulness ( 10 out of 20 points)

This gets into the meat of what this product really does for you as a golfer.  Tracking data and pretty charts are neat, but do they help you play better?

• Do you play better or worse now that you've started tracking every single detail? The biggest ‘revelation' for me was to be accurately told 88% of my putts are short, putting has considerably improved due to this knowledge.
  • How are your club gaps now that you've got real data? Personally it hasn't changed for me as I feel you probably need a years worth of data to glean accurate yardages due to all the variant yardages you can get with each club in different weather conditions i.e hard baked conditions against cold windy conditions, knock down shots on links, flyers from rough etc etc
  • Are you able to identify areas of your game for improvement? As above my putting has improved due to knowing I putt like a little girl sometimes. Also knowing my wedge game isn't accurate, however I knew that without the data.
    • Is there any instruction offered? Not that I was aware of.
    • Were you able to bring the handicaps for those parts of your game down? Still a WIP
  • Is there any information that was surprising to you? Short putts
  • Most/least useful metric presented? Most was putting and affirmation of wedge play, least was the fact I hit a few 320+ yd drives as I average 220yd carry roll out to 240 ish.

Play it or Trade it? ( 10 out of 20 points)

Does the information provided help you play your best? Or is it just nice to have? Overall it's potentially a very good product, the idea of tour level stats is quite appealing for us run of the mill golfers if presented in a more user friendly way with potential analysis of what you need to improve. An example of what I mean is this, if I get a club fitting I know the fitter has given me a stiff shaft with high kick point and stiff tip, or a regular shaft with low kick but heavier butt. Each gives different ball flight characteristics but what does that mean to me as a golfer? What's good and what needs improved? I don't know, I'm just a golfer looking for guidance.

Finally, what type of golfer do you think this product would fit the best?  In my un-expert (is that a word) opinion this would suit golfers just wanting some affirmation of issues they already know they have. Or potentially bragging rights of an eagle captured or a 300+yd drive, maybe a record of a bucket list course they played or just a memory of a great round shot by shot. The golfer wanting to distance gap their clubs would use a trackman or similar device for an hour to gain a much clearer idea of average yardages.

Conclusion

Consider this your TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read).  If a member reads nothing but this paragraph, they should be able to get a good idea of your overall thoughts. In conclusion it's a nice fun product to have that shows aspects of your game you either weren't aware of or needed affirmation. It gives a different perspective to your normal game. I've come to the stage I don't trust the whole information I upload due to missed recordings or inaccurate club data but I do find it fun to see how far I actually hit that career best drive or the par 5 I've recorded hitting the green in two for the first time. If you are looking for real tour stats and a system that records everything accurately without human intervention post round I don't think it's quite there yet. If the issues I've highlighted above are improved there is a real market for something like this and as this is only version 2.0 it might not be far away.

Final Score   60 out of 100

Perservering

Thanks for the stage 2. Interesting review and very brutally honest.

It seems to me that a good memory is required after the round to go back and ensure all the shots are accurare. Did you find yourself still using a scorecard to keep track of your shots or did you just use the shotscope?

Do you think your low score was related to your low handicap and you hit it right on the button where it would appeal to a mid or high handicapper who is looking at the shot scope from a differerent point of view?

Dexterity:

Hi Har, thanks for the kind words 😁. Personally I don't bother to get a score card unless I'm playing in a club competition now. I just let the Shot Scope keep count for me. As for editing, the latest update reminds you to edit before you confirm the round is correct.

I have a couple of rounds over the weekend to try to improve my medal tally and points total 😁😎

Perservering

Thanks for the stage 2. Interesting review and very brutally honest.

It seems to me that a good memory is required after the round to go back and ensure all the shots are accurare. Did you find yourself still using a scorecard to keep track of your shots or did you just use the shotscope?

Do you think your low score was related to your low handicap and you hit it right on the button where it would appeal to a mid or high handicapper who is looking at the shot scope from a differerent point of view?

That was an issue for me. I loved the marketing info about set up and play, no need for tagging etc. When you play the same course so often I cant remember if it was 2 chips or 1 putt?,

did I miss the fairway left but reach the green? Great drive on 18 but was it a 4 wood or hybrid I used to reach the green? or was that on the last round yesterday etc

So when I get home and upload only to find shots missed or it didnt know what club I used on that tee, means I have to try and remember accurately which defeats the whole point.

Don't want to clutter up the thread with more long quote blocks, but I wanted to say GREAT Stage 2s everyone! The no-nonsense, honest reviews here are fantastic, and you can tell that you guys really put the Shot Scope through it's paces. 

Despite all the decent data it collects, a number of the concerns listed make me want to shy away, at least for now. I'll stick with my GPS watch & separate app until they improve a lot of the collection and upload issues. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

amateurs😀😀

sorry Rusttopherb

Dexterity:

Russtopherb

I think one thing out if this that is great as comm on to both systemp is that it collects the data and shows you trends and weaknesses. Correct me if I'm wrong but with gps watches,rangefinders or the good old fashioned scorecard you just don't get this with them. And with the Arccos caddy feature that just might be the ticket as it is based upon your data.

Dexterity:

Loving the new medal and leaderboard features. Got myself up to 57 medals and 865 points after two rounds 😁😎.

I have a round tomorrow at a new course for the Shot Scope so it should be fun 😁

Hit my longest measured drive yesterday, 283 meters or 309 yards 😁 up to 955 points now.

GPS was vital yesterday and worked beautifully to help me to a 3/2 match play win 😁😎

Hit my longest measured drive yesterday, 283 meters or 309 yards 😁 up to 955 points now.

GPS was vital yesterday and worked beautifully to help me to a 3/2 match play win 😁😎

I need them to add the function to merge 9s into an 18, I'm missing SO many medals that are only available on "full" rounds.

Couldn't even draw driver today. Was playing a short course and hitting 3 wood at 285 yards, so couldn't pull driver at all. Could have gone for my 300 yard medal, but would have been playing out of rough the far side of a green...

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Any updates on scores and medals guys? I'm up to 990 points 😁😎