TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

hckymeyer

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

How does one “see” distances to hazards while on a hole? Is there a way to “measure” a shot? Nope. I haven’t fully read the online instructions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So, with my limited 9 holes in on this product. I can say that seeing hazards is very easy. If the hole has a hazard, a little hazard symbol (like a car hazard symbol, a triangle with an ! in the middle) shows up on the top left of the screen, you just touch the top left button and it switches from green to hazard and shows you the distance to it and to carry it. If there are multiple hazards, you can cycle through them. Very easy.

As for "measure" a shot... are you asking if it will tell you how far you hit your last shot? Not until you upload the round.

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

Also, just finished my first 9 holes with SSV2. The watch was comfortable and was easy to use, distances were great and I didn't have a single missed shot with anything... except my putter. It didn't record a single putt. I had to manually edit everyone after the round. Since I have a putter grip that doesn't allow me to attach the sensor to the end of it I tried holding the sensor in my palm while putting. I don't think that worked. I will have to come up with an alternate method to get the sensor mounted to my putter.

WITB:

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

The Beta firmware so far is great, seems to pick up location faster and gives you a more "reassuring" screen as to what it's doing and that it hasn't just locked up and achieved nothing while it is looking for signal.
Being able to play a back-9 on reciprocating or multiple-9s courses is great too.

It seems to be better at picking up your putting location more quickly too, though that may just be my perception. That's been the one area I've had questions in the past, where I tend to be over my putt and take it fairly quickly and I've had to edit putt and flag locations more than any other thing previously, though I also think some of that is simply that the course I most commonly play needs re-mapping.

The only other minor gripe I have is that the mobile app is slightly confusing around the turn of the year. I downloaded my first round of this year yesterday and immediately couldn't see it, it looked like it was just lost. I'd forgotten/hadn't realised that rounds are stored per-year and I was still looking at the 2018 page.

Still, scoring is coming along well and I'm #1 in more than one category on the MGS leaderboards, so step your games up fellas (though you can expect my position on at least one of those to drop right off as soon as I play a slightly more difficult course...)

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

And it looks like the "Beta" firmware is now available to all 🙂

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

5 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

The Beta firmware so far is great, seems to pick up location faster and gives you a more "reassuring" screen as to what it's doing and that it hasn't just locked up and achieved nothing while it is looking for signal.
Being able to play a back-9 on reciprocating or multiple-9s courses is great too.

It seems to be better at picking up your putting location more quickly too, though that may just be my perception. That's been the one area I've had questions in the past, where I tend to be over my putt and take it fairly quickly and I've had to edit putt and flag locations more than any other thing previously, though I also think some of that is simply that the course I most commonly play needs re-mapping.

The only other minor gripe I have is that the mobile app is slightly confusing around the turn of the year. I downloaded my first round of this year yesterday and immediately couldn't see it, it looked like it was just lost. I'd forgotten/hadn't realised that rounds are stored per-year and I was still looking at the 2018 page.

Still, scoring is coming along well and I'm #1 in more than one category on the MGS leaderboards, so step your games up fellas (though you can expect my position on at least one of those to drop right off as soon as I play a slightly more difficult course...)

remapping shouldnt affect the putt and pin marking location as it 'marks' where you 'collected' the putts and only does so when it recognizes you are on the green.

I found editing pins and putts quite hard to do and pretty inaccurate as I cant remember exactly where each was 🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

is there a shotscope leaderboard that anyone has created yet for the forum members?

Side note, the new firmware is going to resolve the counterbalanced putter issue with allowing you to manually tag your putts, that will solve that problem for me. I played a 2nd 9 holes with it yesterday, and still no missed shots, so that is nice. 

WITB:

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Shotscope (hopefully some new deals pop up this spring). I've been weighing the pros and cons of this versus Arccos for a couple months and the "no subscription" aspect of the Shotscope factored quite a bit - I'm not a fan of subscription-based software, even more than having a dinner platter on my wrist. I've been wearing my Fitbit while doing the Orange Whip routine to get used to having something on my wrist. 

Is there something else I'm not considering?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

17 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

remapping shouldnt affect the putt and pin marking location as it 'marks' where you 'collected' the putts and only does so when it recognizes you are on the green.

I found editing pins and putts quite hard to do and pretty inaccurate as I cant remember exactly where each was 🙄

It would if their GPS location was off by even a small amount so the recorded location doesn't match the map overlay perfectly...

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

16 hours ago, Thin2win said:

is there a shotscope leaderboard that anyone has created yet for the forum members?

Yes, there is...

Image for proof of MyGolfSpy leaderboard existence only, of course 😉

Number1.jpg.e3a3edd67b54446236b20831c11d6d3f.jpg

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

6 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

Yes, there is...

Image for proof of MyGolfSpy leaderboard existence only, of course 😉

Number1.jpg.e3a3edd67b54446236b20831c11d6d3f.jpg

so it exists, but requires a super secret double probation password to get in. I see. Does anyone want to share said super secret double probation password? 

WITB:

12 minutes ago, Thin2win said:

so it exists, but requires a super secret double probation password to get in. I see. Does anyone want to share said super secret double probation password? 

Here we go: Shotscope Leaderboard for MGS now available

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Update completed, can't wait to give it a try 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

I don't know how you boys in the southern hemisphere were able to test during the winter months.  I am about to go stir crazy realizing I only saw a golf course 3 times over the past 2 months.  It's on as soon as I get this update done and we have some dry days with that funny looking ball of fire in the sky.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Hi All, 

Recently picked up a ShotScope V2 and wondered if you guys would be able to help answer some questions, but I'm loving it so far!

• P-Avg - I understand P-Avg's are supposed to remove outliers, to give you a better average, was as the Avg is literally just an average of all your shots with that club. On my first round I hit only 1 shot with my 3w, the Avg shows the distance of the shot (220 yards) but the P-Avg shows 96 yards. Why is this, and will it work out over time?
  • Shot's taken to finish - I've seen the shots taken to finish pages on putts and approaches. Does the number it shows include the shot you took from the location? e.g I avg 2.1 putts from say, 30ft. Does that mean on average I will be 2.1 putts including the putt from 30ft, or is it 2.1 putts on top the putt I have taken from 30ft, for 3.1 total?
  • Successful/Unsuccessful - On the approach and short game screens I keep seeing 'success' or  'unsuccessful' written on some shots. Is this just an indication of whether or not I hit the green?
  • Are Par 3 shots included in the approach stats? My GIR was 56% but my approach was only 40%.
  • Firmware updates - Do I have to do anything special to get this latest update? I saw they announced it two days ago, and have connected my watch every day since but haven't had the update show up.
  • In the dashboard, if I click the little location icon to the right of a shot, is it supposed to take me to an overview of the hole? Mine just takes me to the round overview.

Would really appreciate any responses!

Thanks guys.

Edited by xreyuk

2017 Taylormade M1 9.5° w/ Tour AD DI 6S.
Titleist TS3 3 Wood 15°
Srixon Z-U65 20° Iron
Mizuno MP54 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 - 52°
Titleist Vokey SM6 - 56°
Cleveland RTX3 - 60°
Huntington Beach #3 & Oddysey O-Works 1W

8 hours ago, xreyuk said:

Hi All, 

Recently picked up a ShotScope V2 and wondered if you guys would be able to help answer some questions, but I'm loving it so far!

• P-Avg - I understand P-Avg's are supposed to remove outliers, to give you a better average, was as the Avg is literally just an average of all your shots with that club. On my first round I hit only 1 shot with my 3w, the Avg shows the distance of the shot (220 yards) but the P-Avg shows 96 yards. Why is this, and will it work out over time?
  • Shot's taken to finish - I've seen the shots taken to finish pages on putts and approaches. Does the number it shows include the shot you took from the location? e.g I avg 2.1 putts from say, 30ft. Does that mean on average I will be 2.1 putts including the putt from 30ft, or is it 2.1 putts on top the putt I have taken from 30ft, for 3.1 total?
  • Successful/Unsuccessful - On the approach and short game screens I keep seeing 'success' or  'unsuccessful' written on some shots. Is this just an indication of whether or not I hit the green?
  • Are Par 3 shots included in the approach stats? My GIR was 56% but my approach was only 40%.
  • Firmware updates - Do I have to do anything special to get this latest update? I saw they announced it two days ago, and have connected my watch every day since but haven't had the update show up.
  • In the dashboard, if I click the little location icon to the right of a shot, is it supposed to take me to an overview of the hole? Mine just takes me to the round overview.

Would really appreciate any responses!

Thanks guys.

Welcome to team Shot Scope 😁

Ok some quick answers..

Yes it should sort itself out and the p average will get better

It's includes the putt from 30 feet in the shots to finish

I think on approach shots it's success if you hit the green, on short game success is if you get up and down (I think)

Par 3 tee shots are tee shots not approach shots so not included in the approach stats

Check out the website for the instructions for the firmware updates, you should also get instructions with the monthly emails from Shot Scope. Any issues go to the support team and they will help.

When in round overview you can then go hole by hole to see your shots

Hope that helped 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:12 PM, Nunfa0 said:

Update completed, can't wait to give it a try 😁😎

Thanks for the reminder. 😁

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Just bought a Shotscope - FYI, the code mgs189 will still give you $60 off, making it $149 if anyone else is interested.

12 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just bought a Shotscope - FYI, the code mgs189 will still give you $60 off, making it $149 if anyone else is interested.

That's a new code. Great deal. 

And welcome ME. I can't wait for winter to end and start using this.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Just tried the code and it's only giving $30 off now.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

25 minutes ago, MattF said:

That sucks!

17 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

6 hours ago, MattF said:

I had this in the cart for $149 four hours after @MaxEntropy posted but didn't have the stones to pull the trigger.

I need to remind myself that my wife is pretty forgiving.  And I have a really comfortable couch.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

My Shot Scope arrived yesterday. I didn't have time to attach all the sensors just yet, but given the weather systems that's coming, it's pretty safe to take my time. I did get the band firmware updated, but that was about the extent of my playing around.

• 1 month later...

On sale at the moment for those of you interested. $169.00

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Spring weather has arrived (as has the pollen), so that means new Shotscope trophies await!

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

Well, I left 30 degrees celsius and beautiful sunshine at the beginning of the month to fly to cold, wet and windy Ireland. I did bring my Shot Scope but no clubs and I haven't had a chance to play yet. The food and drink have been wonderful though 😁😎

26 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Back on sale thru MGS for $159.  Should I pull the trigger?

Yes do it!! I finally got to play today in Ireland with borrowed clubs, on a links course and having the Shot Scope with me made all the difference. My clubbing was just about spot on and now my Father in law owes me a pint 😁😎

53 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I wish I could tell you yes, but I have yet to be able to use mine. Coming soon, though!

4 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Yes do it!! I finally got to play today in Ireland with borrowed clubs, on a links course and having the Shot Scope with me made all the difference. My clubbing was just about spot on and now my Father in law owes me a pint 😁😎

I knew you'd tell me to buy it.  Quick question.  Two of my clubs have Cobra Connect installed in the grips.  Do you know if I could make it work or would I need to re-grip the Cobras?

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

5 hours ago, Wedgie said:

22 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

I knew you'd tell me to buy it.  Quick question.  Two of my clubs have Cobra Connect installed in the grips.  Do you know if I could make it work or would I need to re-grip the Cobras?

As a GPS watch, it ranks highly and for the price I would strongly consider it.  As a shot tracker, it is one of the best deals you can find.  I recommend it.

In regards to your question:  if one of the clubs in question is a putter, YES it absolutely will work without removing the CC (arccos ).  If it is anything other than the putter, I suppose you could make it work.  You could add the shot with whichever club in question was played in a post round edit and/or fool the system into thinking you played a different club that has a SS tag installed, then go in and still edit the club selection during a post round edit.  Obviously that is a royal pain in the tail, but it could be done. 

Gameday

Classic Bag