TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

hckymeyer

We have two Shot Scope threads going, so I’ll post this here as well:
How do I join the MGS group so I’m ready when the competition begins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We have two Shot Scope threads going, so I’ll post this here as well:
How do I join the MGS group so I’m ready when the competition begins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-shotscope-leaderboards/

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

I recently picked up one of these babies.  I'm seriously considering returning during the first 30 days though.  My first round the fully charged battery drained shortly after 18 holes.  Scratching my head I wondered if I had a bad batch.  Got home, charged it, connected to computer to find 5 entire holes were missed along with about a dozen shots.  Okay its my first time.  So next round I wear the band upside down because during the first round my glove cuff kept hitting next hole in the middle of a swing or something and I'd find it 2-3 holes ahead suddenly.  So thinking this flip would not only keep the sensor within the 10cm of the grips it would also eliminate the issue of 'next hole' by accident.  Well this failed horribly.  I think the watch only recorded 3 holes and showed me hitting random shots throughout the round for a total of 30 for 18 holes -  a new world record! yea right.  So it took a lot of time to manually add about 15 holes of golf - talk about hands free indeed - with all this editing I feel like I'm using a free stat tracking service where I have to painstakingly add all these details to a website to compute this stuff.  So I'm going to give it a few more weeks but right now I'm basically having to remember the entire round, distances, clubs, etc to add in after the round is over.  I cannot imagine the battery lasting 36 holes unless you play both 18's in 2 hours each for a total of 4 to 5 hours - not possible.  I really think if they'd extend the damn range on the sensor from 10cm to like 6-7 inches it would be way better.  Also I'm about to move to a putter with a longer weighted grip so I'll have to remember to make practice swings with my wrist near the end of the grip before taking a real grip that will end up somewhere near the middle of the grip at least 7 inches from the end.  Its one of those 38inch models that you're not supposed to grip at the end but in the middle.  So I'm having a rough go so far.  I like what it can do, just wish it would do it and minimal editing to me means maybe deleting or adding a shot - not adding in 2-12 holes of golf.

Shot Scope - can't you extend the range the watch detects the grip sensors?  I'm a small guy: 5'7, 135lbs, small wrists, wear the band all the way down as close as I can so the glove is folded up and its barely close enough.  I can only imagine if my hands and wrists were much bigger, I assume it would miss the entire 18 holes LOL.  I'm wondering why the tiny 10cm range instead of something like 6-7 inches.  I would work soooooooooooooooo much better.

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should put some final thoughts down for this review seen as I'm not quite going to get to a year of testing.

First up thank you again to Shot Scope and MGS for this opportunity, Thanks to the mods for keeping me on the straight and narrow ( i'm looking at you @GolfSpy STUDque)

I have had an absolute ball being involved with this test and highly recommend that everyone should get involved with testing if they can. I would like to thank my fellow testers @mdumble21, @JohnSmalls, @perseveringgolfer and @evershady for their hard work, well thought out and honest reviews. I felt as a group we managed to give this product a really good work out.

As for the Shot Scope itself, I still feel its a really good product that is well on the way to greatness but is not quite there yet. I feel that the sensors, while they work almost flawlessly for me, could do with a little aesthetic refinement. It's only a little thing but just the way they sat on the end of some of my grips really started to annoy me. 

Its a simple system to use but a little "clunky" at times. Editing can be a bit slow but it does work. The data you get from the system is excellent once you get your head around it. 

When it comes to using it on the course, it is a winner. I love the distances being right there on your wrist no matter what angle you're at. Having the distance to hazards at your fingertips is a real bonus too. I used the watch when I was in Ireland and I credit it for my victory over my father in law 😁.

I have had no issues with the watch breaking or the sensors failing so again that is a win. The only issue i have had is an odd one. In the beginning of the year I realized that I had a nasty pain in my right hand when I was playing golf. I though I had jarred it, then I thought I was gripping the club too hard. I tried everything and the pain kept getting worse.Then one night I went to the course without the watch and played 12 holes with no pain. The following Saturday the watch was back and so was the pain!! so for the last month I have been playing without my beloved watch and will probably never wear anything on my wrist while I play again. So even if I hadn't been chosen for a certain other contest my time with Shot Scope had come to an end.

All I can say to finish is I still enjoyed using the Shot Scope system and I was sad to have to leave it. I can truthfully say "it's not you, it's me" 😪

I hope my ramblings have made sense and if you have enjoyed this come and join me on the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 thread 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Oh and I forgot to add, did the claim of lowering my handicap happen? In short no. My handicap stayed about the same throughout. I do believe that Shot Scope can help but if the golfer doesn't practice or seek help in the form of lessons there is no chance of improvement especially a three shot improvement 😁😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

I thought I should put some final thoughts down for this review seen as I'm not quite going to get to a year of testing.

First up thank you again to Shot Scope and MGS for this opportunity, Thanks to the mods for keeping me on the straight and narrow ( i'm looking at you @GolfSpy STUDque)

I have had an absolute ball being involved with this test and highly recommend that everyone should get involved with testing if they can. I would like to thank my fellow testers @mdumble21, @JohnSmalls, @perseveringgolfer and @evershady for their hard work, well thought out and honest reviews. I felt as a group we managed to give this product a really good work out.

As for the Shot Scope itself, I still feel its a really good product that is well on the way to greatness but is not quite there yet. I feel that the sensors, while they work almost flawlessly for me, could do with a little aesthetic refinement. It's only a little thing but just the way they sat on the end of some of my grips really started to annoy me. 

Its a simple system to use but a little "clunky" at times. Editing can be a bit slow but it does work. The data you get from the system is excellent once you get your head around it. 

When it comes to using it on the course, it is a winner. I love the distances being right there on your wrist no matter what angle you're at. Having the distance to hazards at your fingertips is a real bonus too. I used the watch when I was in Ireland and I credit it for my victory over my father in law 😁.

I have had no issues with the watch breaking or the sensors failing so again that is a win. The only issue i have had is an odd one. In the beginning of the year I realized that I had a nasty pain in my right hand when I was playing golf. I though I had jarred it, then I thought I was gripping the club too hard. I tried everything and the pain kept getting worse.Then one night I went to the course without the watch and played 12 holes with no pain. The following Saturday the watch was back and so was the pain!! so for the last month I have been playing without my beloved watch and will probably never wear anything on my wrist while I play again. So even if I hadn't been chosen for a certain other contest my time with Shot Scope had come to an end.

All I can say to finish is I still enjoyed using the Shot Scope system and I was sad to have to leave it. I can truthfully say "it's not you, it's me" 😪

I hope my ramblings have made sense and if you have enjoyed this come and join me on the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 thread 😁😎

Couldn't have put it better myself!

No issue with wearing the watch for me, pain wise, it doesn't lend itself to tight clothing though so does stand out like a prison tag at times.

Handicap has gone up not down, but that is me, not shotscope. It did highlight my key game issues, but I knew them already, this just rubbed it in😂

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I've enjoyed my time with the Shot Scope watch over the past year. Currently it's the only GPS I've got right now - my actual GPS unit isn't working properly, not sure why. On a sidenote, my Shot Scope watch doesn't tell time correctly - usually about 15-30 minutes slow. 

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

3 hours ago, mdumble21 said:

On a sidenote, my Shot Scope watch doesn't tell time correctly - usually about 15-30 minutes slow. 

I'm surprised it's not about 3 or so hours off where you are...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, mdumble21 said:

I've enjoyed my time with the Shot Scope watch over the past year. Currently it's the only GPS I've got right now - my actual GPS unit isn't working properly, not sure why. On a sidenote, my Shot Scope watch doesn't tell time correctly - usually about 15-30 minutes slow. 

Yeah mine lost time as well but once I synchronised it came right... for a while 😁

7 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Yeah mine lost time as well but once I synchronised it came right... for a while 😁

Good to see I'm not the only one who noticed this.

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

16 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Oh and I forgot to add, did the claim of lowering my handicap happen? In short no. My handicap stayed about the same throughout. I do believe that Shot Scope can help but if the golfer doesn't practice or seek help in the form of lessons there is no chance of improvement especially a three shot improvement 😁😎

Awesome review, If i was in the market for a system like this I would definitely look into it. 

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Stealth Driver 10.5° with a Fujikura Ventus Blue Valocore 6 S

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg Sim 3 Wood with a Fujikura Ventus Blue S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg 5 Wood with a Kurokage 55g S

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg U505 3 Iron with a 80g Hazrdus RDX Smoke Shaft 

mizuno-logo.jpg.d4e2e572f4907c44f354f76a0869d597.jpg 223 Irons (5 to PW) with 115g NS Pro S 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 50 Wedge 105g NS Pro 

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 54 Wedge 105g NS Pro

Titlest.jpg.9b87feac9cbdd26baaff21724eb4819f.jpg SM9 58 Wedge 105g NS Pro

TaylorMade-Logo.jpg.b9feb76cbda93eda6798785f73105d8b.jpg  Spider EX Ghost White Putter with 120g KBS Black 

Well I have one last update. I tried to charge the watch a couple of days ago and... I think it was so offended at me having Arccos in the house that it has died!!

First up thank you again to Shot Scope and MGS for this opportunity, Thanks to the mods for keeping me on the straight and narrow ( i'm looking at you [mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention])
I have had an absolute ball being involved with this test and highly recommend that everyone should get involved with testing if they can. I would like to thank my fellow testers [mention=58762]mdumble21[/mention], [mention=70071]JohnSmalls[/mention], [mention=76917]perseveringgolfer[/mention] and [mention=55117]evershady[/mention] for their hard work, well thought out and honest reviews. I felt as a group we managed to give this product a really good work out.
When it comes to using it on the course, it is a winner. I love the distances being right there on your wrist no matter what angle you're at. Having the distance to hazards at your fingertips is a real bonus too. I used the watch when I was in Ireland and I credit it for my victory over my father in law .
All I can say to finish is I still enjoyed using the Shot Scope system and I was sad to have to leave it. I can truthfully say "it's not you, it's me" 
I hope my ramblings have made sense and if you have enjoyed this come and join me on the Cobra Connect Challenge 3 thread 

Interesting you mention wrist pain while wearing the watch. I have had the exact same thing while wearing the Garmin watch. I thought I was nuts...I guess we both are. Nice write up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

6 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Interesting you mention wrist pain while wearing the watch. I have had the exact same thing while wearing the Garmin watch. I thought I was nuts...I guess we both are. Nice write up.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I thought being nuts was compulsory to be on this forum 🤪😵😁😎

32 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

It's not, but it helps! 🤣

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

5 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

It is. We are all 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

• 4 weeks later...

Did you try emailing Shotscope themselves? Their customer service is very good and pretty responsive.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 6/4/2019 at 9:23 PM, merrymagpie said:

Hi. Used my watch for the first time yesterday on GPS mode.

The watch never advanced holes automatically , I had to manually adjust. Any ideas please?

That always happened to me as well

On 6/8/2019 at 1:47 AM, Nunfa0 said:

That always happened to me as well

and me, gets annoying after awhile, especially when you forget and pull out a 6 iron for the 175yd shot only to see it sail over the green as it was the previous hole was now 175 yds away and the current hole is 155😂

Hopefully all these software niggles get sorted as the potential to really be a 'turn on and forget about it' product is high.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I've never had a problem with it advancing automatically to the next hole But I did have an issue when I wore a glove, that the cuff would push the advance button, even multiple times, so I stopped wearing a glove again and no more issues.

In the bag:

Bag: 

I've never had a problem with it not advancing, but have seen the same issue as @MattF, but a make a point of tightening the band a little higher on my wrist and it hasn't happened in a while.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hi. Used my watch for the first time yesterday on GPS mode.
The watch never advanced holes automatically , I had to manually adjust. Any ideas please?
The watch doesn't advance on GPS mode for me either... although I don't think it will. In shot tracking mode, it knows to advance because you tell it how many putts you had while marking the pin. Or it's at least tracking that you're on the green. In GPS mode, it's not tracking those things. It's only tracking distance to the hole you are on. I'm not sure it has a trigger to move to the next hole without pushing the button to advance. Emailing customer service to suggest it would probably be a good way to get then working on it, but for some reason I feel like they would have thought of it if it's at all possible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

First round in a long time with 0 missed shots! Although it was only 9 holes, definitely a relief. The V2 bought itself a bit more time in Tracking mode after this performance. Having to create a pre-shot routine around the device is becoming a bit of a drag to ensure it "wakes up" prior to the shot. 

I bought it mostly for the PinCollect feature and the stats it provides for on approach distance and other proximity. But pin locations do not seem accurate in post round editing. Did it detect a "putt" where I was fixing a divot and smoothed it out with my putter? Did I pause awkwardly long enough over the hole before selecting number of putts to allow the GPS to lock in after picking up a tap-in?

I have been testing some new clubs and used my laser to measure a tee shot back to the sand bin which I tee'd up right next to.  In post round editing the shot scope has the shot as 5-6 yards longer than the laser. This was disappointing to see as it just adds to the list of variables between the measured and actual distances. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, BMart519 said:

First round in a long time with 0 missed shots! Although it was only 9 holes, definitely a relief. The V2 bought itself a bit more time in Tracking mode after this performance. Having to create a pre-shot routine around the device is becoming a bit of a drag to ensure it "wakes up" prior to the shot. 

I bought it mostly for the PinCollect feature and the stats it provides for on approach distance and other proximity. But pin locations do not seem accurate in post round editing. Did it detect a "putt" where I was fixing a divot and smoothed it out with my putter? Did I pause awkwardly long enough over the hole before selecting number of putts to allow the GPS to lock in after picking up a tap-in?

I have been testing some new clubs and used my laser to measure a tee shot back to the sand bin which I tee'd up right next to.  In post round editing the shot scope has the shot as 5-6 yards longer than the laser. This was disappointing to see as it just adds to the list of variables between the measured and actual distances. 

I have had my V2 for over a month and it seems to work fine most of the time. The last couple of rounds it did not track my fairway shots , just the tee shots and putting strokes. I am finding the pre shot routine to wake it up to do the tracking a bit of a pain. I have to had multiple practice swings to wake it up, much more than I prefer.

However I do like the real course information on club distances and then the info on approach shots.  

13 hours ago, jp410 said:

I am finding the pre shot routine to wake it up to do the tracking a bit of a pain. I have to had multiple practice swings to wake it up, much more than I prefer.

Just wave the butt around in the air like @MaxEntropy does. It works quite well, especially for the putter...it also looks like you're fending off a swarm of bees!

In the bag:

Bag: 

50 minutes ago, MattF said:

Just wave the butt around in the air like @MaxEntropy does. It works quite well, especially for the putter...it also looks like you're fending off a swarm of bees!

Last night I had swarms of gnats in my face the entire round, so it's not farm from the truth!

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 1 month later...

I have had no issues with waking up the system when I swing - occasionally the pin position isn’t entirely accurate on the green.

I did pick up a curious extra shot on a par 3 hole on Sunday. It thought I hit 7 wood on the back edge of the green followed by driver back over the hazard and then a putt from there - it was weird but that stuff will happen - once in 10 rounds is no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...