Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:     :odyssey-small: - LH - Stroke Lab Seven
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Hopefully I can help put to bed this "practice swings" discussion.

I've voiced my reasons as to why I think they are "required" by the literature at least...

Here is a photo of a tagged shot, please note the positions of the bunkers and green.

FastShot2.jpg

And here is a video.
Please note the bunkers and green position.

You'll see me walk to the ball with the club in my right hand, while I have the Shot Scope on my left wrist so they are not currently paired (smart watch on my right wrist).
I get to the ball, grip the club, take a stance, swing and immediately drop the club away from the Shot Scope device again. The tag is within range no longer than it should be for any average golfer playing moderately promptly. I would imagine this is a quick "sequence" for most golfers in terms of how long the tag was by the watch.

There was no editing done here, this is the video and the resulting capture by Shot Scope.

I hope that helps some people form their opinions.

• Like 4

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Very nice Jon, I couldn't test that as a practice swing is part of my routine and so ingrained that it's almost impossible for me not to do it 😌😳😎

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

Ha, I'm the same, but when my tee shot landed there I immediately thought of this thread.
Equidistant between two bunkers within partial wedge shot range (where I tend to play by sight rather than knowing distance, I tend to have a good "feel" for it) so it was a shot I could just walk up to and play, it was about as perfect a "test" as I could hope for without intentionally setting up.

I was interested to see for myself too as when I was videoing I was assuming I was going to get a good result, but didn't know whether it had actually tagged properly until reviewing after the round, an hour and a half after taking the video :)

My only complaint is that I psychologically knew I was videoing myself, so lift my head a little early in the follow through, which I would never normally do. It's the sub-conscious desire to see what the ball is doing because other people might see the result :D

• Like 3

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Haha brave man 😁. Just wanted to say your input has been very much appreciated 👏😎

I used the V2 for the first time last week, and was very impressed with how accurately it kept track of my score.  On the day I played, I was riding in a cart and I had a partner riding in the cart with me because we were playing a better ball format.  There were times where I would grab my club and get out of my cart and walk to my ball, which was usually ahead of my partner.  After the round I noticed that the V2, on a couple of times including my longest drive, recorded the distance I walked from my partner's ball to my ball as a shot.  I play this kind of better ball format a lot, so the issue is bound to come up again.  Has anybody else had similar issues where they were playing in a cart, pulled a club and walked 20-30 yards to their ball, and had the V2 record that distance as a shot?  If so, any tips how to not make that happen other than not walking to my ball?  

I used the V2 for the first time last week, and was very impressed with how accurately it kept track of my score.  On the day I played, I was riding in a cart and I had a partner riding in the cart with me because we were playing a better ball format.  There were times where I would grab my club and get out of my cart and walk to my ball, which was usually ahead of my partner.  After the round I noticed that the V2, on a couple of times including my longest drive, recorded the distance I walked from my partner's ball to my ball as a shot.  I play this kind of better ball format a lot, so the issue is bound to come up again.  Has anybody else had similar issues where they were playing in a cart, pulled a club and walked 20-30 yards to their ball, and had the V2 record that distance as a shot?  If so, any tips how to not make that happen other than not walking to my ball?  

To prevent erroneous shot tags, pull and carry the club in the hand opposite the wrist unit until arriving at your ball. If the wrist unit and a club tag are not within ~10cm proximity of each other, the system won't record a GPS coordinate (shot).

• Like 2

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Thanks, carrying it in the opposite hand makes a lot of sense and will keep the sensor out of range.  I will try that next time I'm out!  It wasn't a huge pain to edit, but if I hadn't edited it right after my round I might have forgot what actually happened.

Overall though, I had no major issues and was stunned with the score keep accuracy even when I forgot to enter my number of putts on a few holes. 

• Like 2

So how is everyone getting on now? I am starting to really see a difference in my game and think the two shot drop may well be possible....😎

• Like 3

So how is everyone getting on now? I am starting to really see a difference in my game and think the two shot drop may well be possible....😎

Congratulation! Is the drop from the Shotscope or just from practicing more? Or both?
  • Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Played again over the weekend and made sure to carry the club in the right hand when walking from the cart, and it worked like a charm - no erroneous tags.  Haven't had enough time to see any difference in my game yet since I have only used the V2 for two rounds, but looking forward to getting and analyzing more data.

• Like 4

Congratulation! Is the drop from the Shotscope or just from practicing more? Or both?

I haven't been able to do a massive amount of practice because it's winter here so I am going to point at the Shot Scope.

I am thinking that the combination of the info and GPS is making me a far more intelligent golfer. I mean it's no longer a case of getting to the ball, guessing the distance and pulling a club that I think will go that far. I now get to the ball, check the distance and pull out the club that I know will get to where the pin is 😁😎

Today was the first time I have used the Shot Scope in the rain and away from my home course. It worked flawlessly and the distances were spot on 😁. Shame I played bad 😳🤣😎

• Like 4

My next challenge for it will come this Friday.

Doing a 72-hole challenge (little addendum on that below) for charity.

We're playing a four-ball, four rounds in one day.

I know the battery won't last for four rounds, but we're going to mix up the formats as we play to keep it fun, so my plan is to ShotScope round 1, charge during round 2 and then try to ShotScope rounds 3 and 4.

We'll see how well it holds up to the battery and stress test!

------

We're playing 72 holes in a single day for Cancer Research UK.
Remove this link if it's not allowed, but if anyone is interested in making a small donation please use my friend Ryan's page here: https://fundraise.cancerresearchuk.org/page/ryans-great-golf-challenge-fundraising-page-4

• Like 4

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

I love my ShotScope V2, where I completely trust it to capture my shots accurately. 

However, I think for new users it would be great if user tips are provided on their website as discussed in this forum.

Here are my tips.

1. Carry the club in opposite hand to your watch.

2. If you make a practice swing and change mind to a different club, note it so that you can edit it later. Shotscope actually is able to capture these cases pretty accurately, but sometimes does ask to confirm the club when editing. My most common issue was when I was teeing off and was trying to decide between 3W and driver based on course conditions. With that said, I usually don't make a practice swing unless I am on an awkward lie and almost never have problems.

3. If possible, don't walk across/on the green when getting to a greenside shot. Shotscope still captured my shots correctly with the correct club without waiting 30 seconds but if this bothers you just don't walk on the green before putting.

4. Do make practice strokes when putting - this is the only instance where I think a practice swing is almost necessary to capture accurate ball locations during a round. Fortunately, this is part of my routine anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys V2, as this has been a great purchase for me and I cannot see myself playing without it for now. Much better than Gamegolf and cheaper than Arccos.  

• Like 3

A wee bump to keep this up near the Arccos thread 😁😎

• Like 1

One thing I noticed when I played the different course the other day was that when I missed the green with full irons I missed pin high. Knowing how far I hit each club is having a major impact on my game. Oh and I don't think I could play without the GPS now 😁😎

For me I found I was trusting the info less and less each time I used it.

Having some exceptional (for me) drives and lasered irons, only to find it didn't record them, was a bit let down and didn't get me excited to ensure it was all charged up for the next game.

Yes you can edit, but that's a whole world of frustration right there lol

I can't remember all my shots which I thought shotscope was the perfect solution. Maybe it will be soon with updates or V3.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Having some exceptional (for me) drives and lasered irons, only to find it didn't record them, was a bit let down and didn't get me excited to ensure it was all charged up for the next game.

I can't remember all my shots which I thought shotscope was the perfect solution. Maybe it will be soon with updates or V3.

That really sucks that you've had that experience, did you talk to Shot Scope? I'm sure they would be very interested in this.

• Like 1

No the Arccos sensors have to have enough light for them to turn on. They are battery powered and when you put the club in your bag and it goes dark they turn off. So if it's too dark when you're playing the sensor won't turn on when you take the club out.

Yeah, that was certainly a surprise to me with Arccos. I play a fair amount of after-work golf, and I've had it miss as much as two holes. Thankfully, manual editing isn't too bad.

That is a plus in the ShotScope column.

Arccos misses a shot for me now and then, so it's not just SS. Maybe one shot a round.

These things are still in their infancy. Version 2 of anything is still pretty young. It's a little frustrating to pay to be a tester of a product, but that's the price of progress. If it weren't for early adopters, we wouldn't have any of the cool stuff we have now.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
2 Hybrid - Titleist 585 (17*) - Titleist 4175 ( R )
4i - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Forest Green)
Ball -  :Snell: MTB-X
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino