hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

Thanks, I have considered that, and it wouldn't be too difficult to do manually since it's only two holes.  My only concern is not getting the distances 100% right when I do it manually.  I think it would be more precise though if there was just a way to move the data over without the manual entry.

2 minutes ago, jtnunley1983 said:

Thanks, I have considered that, and it wouldn't be too difficult to do manually since it's only two holes.  My only concern is not getting the distances 100% right when I do it manually.  I think it would be more precise though if there was just a way to move the data over without the manual entry.

Shotscope customer service should have an answer to you within a business day if you shoot them an email.   If so, it certainly would be more accurate.  If you don't want to wait for that answer, you can get the shots reasonably close if you do the editing on a PC.  Thankfully the SS website will allow you to be logged in from two separate browser windows so you could edit while looking at the hole you are copying data from at the same time which should be reasonably accurate.  

Either way, hope it goes well and let us know how you end up fixing the problem! 

25 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Shotscope customer service should have an answer to you within a business day if you shoot them an email.

21 minutes ago, jtnunley1983 said:

Didn't know I could be logged in from two separate browsers.  Very helpful.  I'll try manually first.

ShotScope support have always been really quick and really helpful for me.
Shoot them an email, tell them what happened and I wouldn't be surprised if you got an email back within a day having mixed it properly for you.

• Like 1

how we all doing fellow testers?

Any increase/decrease/change in your original stage 1's and 2's?

Mine havent changed and due to winter setting in fast, full 18 hole games are reduced to weekly depending on weather.

5 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

how we all doing fellow testers?

Any increase/decrease/change in your original stage 1's and 2's?

Mine havent changed and due to winter setting in fast, full 18 hole games are reduced to weekly depending on weather.

Still going strong, summer is just around the corner here so lots of golf ahead.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thought I would dredge this back up and share that I'm up to 102 medals earned and 2060 points. I still love my Shot Scope and wouldn't be with out it 😁😎

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Thought I would dredge this back up and share that I'm up to 102 medals earned and 2060 points. I still love my Shot Scope and wouldn't be with out it 😁😎

52 medals and 1185 point still.

Still not getting the chance to play any courses that are considered a full 18.
My local course used to have 3 9s which could each be combined in pairs, but they've now removed one course from the rotation so I need to get them to re-classify as a single course...

Aside from not being able to get half the medals because these count as two 9s rather than an 18, I still use the ShotScope religiously, every round and the tracking is great.

• Like 1

Oooh, 'citin.

Has anyone else received an email today offering them the opportunity to join the ShotScope Beta Firmware test group?

As a long-term tech geek, I think we know my response to that offer :)

• Like 3

Just a little update, I thought I was having issues with it not picking up shots but I realized that I was wearing the watch too far up my wrist 🤣😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nunfa0 said:

Just a little update, I thought I was having issues with it not picking up shots but I realized that I was wearing the watch too far up my wrist 🤣😁

how far up? its difficult to have it further up than at your wrist I thought

Literally 3 millimeters further up my wrist and it starts to miss the shots. I did this so that my glove didn't push any buttons inadvertently when I was playing. I think I have found the optimum spot now 😁😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Literally 3 millimeters further up my wrist and it starts to miss the shots. I did this so that my glove didn't push any buttons inadvertently when I was playing. I think I have found the optimum spot now 😁😎

I have missed a few more shots recently too. Investigation time! 

Literally 3 millimeters further up my wrist and it starts to miss the shots. I did this so that my glove didn't push any buttons inadvertently when I was playing. I think I have found the optimum spot now

This is why I’m holding-off buying one. When I tested a very similar predict for MGS last year, I kept activating the watch during the swing. Not sure I can deal with that again! Aggravating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

This is why I’m holding-off buying one. When I tested a very similar predict for MGS last year, I kept activating the watch during the swing. Not sure I can deal with that again! Aggravating!

I think it's worse for Lefty's with this one as there are three buttons that the glove can press on the left side of the watch. I've found that if I have it just behind the bone of my wrist it works perfectly.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

I think it's worse for Lefty's with this one as there are three buttons that the glove can press on the left side of the watch. I've found that if I have it just behind the bone of my wrist it works perfectly.

I have had better accuracy using the watch in "right handed" mode than in left handed, strange.  

Guys with an evnroll, how have you gotten your putter sensor into the counter weighted grip without removing the screw from the sensor?

On 11/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, PMookie said:

Reading these posts and the Arccos i am down to deciding between the two based on the lesser of two evils.

1. shotscop- as i am lefthanded, i will need to wear the watch on the right hand and thus will need to manipulate the buttons with my left hand. 

2. Arccos - having the phone in the right pocket but needing to take it out all when using the gps for yardages .

maybe i to will hold off until a future generation makes it more user friendly.  But the MGS reduction of 60 euros makes it enticing which equates to $90 CAD

Reading these posts and the Arccos i am down to deciding between the two based on the lesser of two evils.
1. shotscop- as i am lefthanded, i will need to wear the watch on the right hand and thus will need to manipulate the buttons with my left hand. 
2. Arccos - having the phone in the right pocket but needing to take it out all when using the gps for yardages .

maybe i to will hold off until a future generation makes it more user friendly.  But the MGS reduction of 60 euros makes it enticing which equates to $90 CAD

And don’t forget - we have a MyGolfSpy Leaderboard on ShotScope. I think we’ll have some fun with it next year

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2