hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

Thought I would share a couple of early thoughts.

1. Shot Scope is brutally honest. In fact it is like the Sheldon Cooper of golf devices. I walk off the course thinking I have played ok and he says "well actually you only hit your driver this far and you missed this many greens and you are short with this percentage of putts"

But that is a good thing. No more rose tinted glasses for me.

2. Winter golf kills my distance more than I realised. I must be 30 metres shorter in the winter but that could be age as well

Lol. That was my exact thought last night. I dont usually add my score during a round. Last night. I felt I was hitting the ball very solid and despite ending the night on a triple bogey 6 on a par 3.....ugh. I figured I was somewhere around 43 or 44. Imagine my surprise when I saw 48!!

I went back over the hole by hole twice thinking maybe I added a penalty stroke or something by accident. Nope, in reviewing hole by hole I was nodding my head in agreement with each missed 5 footer or the pitch left short I forgot about....etc.

I love the Shelon analogy....perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Great Stage 1's so far guys!

As someone who does wear a watch on a day to day basis, I have to agree that the Shot Scope watch does appear to be pretty big and a bit bulky. I'll be curious to see how you all get on with it as you use it.

That was an initial worry that I had especially before the ShotScope arrived.  It does appear to be bulky, but after I put it on and swung a few times I almost forgot I had it on.  It is pretty lightweight and doesn't affect my swing at all.

• Like 2

That was an initial worry that I had especially before the ShotScope arrived.  It does appear to be bulky, but after I put it on and swung a few times I almost forgot I had it on.  It is pretty lightweight and doesn't affect my swing at all.

I would agree with this. I did wonder however when I first looked at it whether it should be round my ankle ;)  :)

• Like 4

I agree as well, very light and doesn't affect my swing at all. It has the looks of a heavy weight boxer but the presence of a ballerina.

• Like 7

I would agree with this. I did wonder however when I first looked at it whether it should be round my ankle ;) :)

Good thing it doesn't beep when you get to far from home

• Like 2

Two nine hole rounds in with mine so far. It just works. Put it on make sure it's found the course and you have the right mode selected. Then your good to go.

As others have said I don't even notice it during the round. It just works.

• Like 3

Two nine hole rounds in with mine so far. It just works. Put it on make sure it's found the course and you have the right mode selected. Then your good to go.

As others have said I don't even notice it during the round. It just works.

I've been playing 9 hole mini rounds until today. Squeezed a whole 18 in. It is so unnoticeable I almost forgot to pin collect a couple of times.

• Like 2

I've been playing 9 hole mini rounds until today. Squeezed a whole 18 in. It is so unnoticeable I almost forgot to pin collect a couple of times.

Yep. That happend to me as well. Forgot to pin collect on the 2nd hole I think.

Monday I'll be possible playing 54 holes. I don't expect it to make it through all 3 rounds. So most likely will play it the first round, charge it up during the second (the golf carts have USB ports for charging) and use again during the third round.

• Like 3

Pin collect can cause you to do strange things, but after a couple of rounds I am used to it.

Rob it definitely won't make it through three rounds in full noise mode. Maybe try just Pro mode and it should go further.

• Like 2

Pin collect can cause you to do strange things, but after a couple of rounds I am used to it.

Rob it definitely won't make it through three rounds in full noise mode. Maybe try just Pro mode and it should go further.

Do you care to elaborate on the differences for these modes? I was under the impression there was only one mode.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Do you care to elaborate on the differences for these modes? I was under the impression there was only one

It's already been documented in here, but basically the three modes are:

Shot tracking, no course guidance (Pro mode, as mentioned above)

Course guidance, no shot tracking

Shot tracking and course guidance

• Like 3

Yep. That happend to me as well. Forgot to pin collect on the 2nd hole I think.

Monday I'll be possible playing 54 holes. I don't expect it to make it through all 3 rounds. So most likely will play it the first round, charge it up during the second (the golf carts have USB ports for charging) and use again during the third round.

I just hit the limit on my battery today with 27 very slow holes (~5:45 on GPS+Track) and just shy of an hour on standby.

• Like 2

I've found that GPS + tracking does suck the battery dry. A 4.5 hour round drops it to about a quarter battery left. However considering the size of the battery and the amount of work it is doing (talking to the satellite, trying to work out where I've hit the ball this time, wondering how one person can be this bad at golf etc...) it doesn't do to badly.

• Like 3

I've found that GPS + tracking does suck the battery dry. A 4.5 hour round drops it to about a quarter battery left. However considering the size of the battery and the amount of work it is doing (talking to the satellite, trying to work out where I've hit the ball this time, wondering how one person can be this bad at golf etc...) it doesn't do to badly.

I think mine told me to give up golf when I pressed pin collect after a meltdown hole.

• Like 5

That's a good thought. I hadn't thought of that.

That's funny right there. Yeah i habe no expectations of it making 54 holes in any more. Both nine hole rounds have used about 30% of the battery in full tracking + GPS mode.

Also I'll be playing alongside MDGolfHacker and his Arcoss.

But if you've been following his exploits with his phone and arcoss he's ok pretty much spent by the time he leaves the Bag drop area. Ha

I have my Garmin X40 I can use for GPS and just use the tracking mode. Also will have a laser as back up.

• Like 3