hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

I've never had a problem with it advancing automatically to the next hole But I did have an issue when I wore a glove, that the cuff would push the advance button, even multiple times, so I stopped wearing a glove again and no more issues.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem with it not advancing, but have seen the same issue as @MattF, but a make a point of tightening the band a little higher on my wrist and it hasn't happened in a while.

• Like 1

Hi. Used my watch for the first time yesterday on GPS mode.
The watch never advanced holes automatically , I had to manually adjust. Any ideas please?
The watch doesn't advance on GPS mode for me either... although I don't think it will. In shot tracking mode, it knows to advance because you tell it how many putts you had while marking the pin. Or it's at least tracking that you're on the green. In GPS mode, it's not tracking those things. It's only tracking distance to the hole you are on. I'm not sure it has a trigger to move to the next hole without pushing the button to advance. Emailing customer service to suggest it would probably be a good way to get then working on it, but for some reason I feel like they would have thought of it if it's at all possible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Love 1

First round in a long time with 0 missed shots! Although it was only 9 holes, definitely a relief. The V2 bought itself a bit more time in Tracking mode after this performance. Having to create a pre-shot routine around the device is becoming a bit of a drag to ensure it "wakes up" prior to the shot. 

I bought it mostly for the PinCollect feature and the stats it provides for on approach distance and other proximity. But pin locations do not seem accurate in post round editing. Did it detect a "putt" where I was fixing a divot and smoothed it out with my putter? Did I pause awkwardly long enough over the hole before selecting number of putts to allow the GPS to lock in after picking up a tap-in?

I have been testing some new clubs and used my laser to measure a tee shot back to the sand bin which I tee'd up right next to.  In post round editing the shot scope has the shot as 5-6 yards longer than the laser. This was disappointing to see as it just adds to the list of variables between the measured and actual distances. 

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:26 PM, BMart519 said:

First round in a long time with 0 missed shots! Although it was only 9 holes, definitely a relief. The V2 bought itself a bit more time in Tracking mode after this performance. Having to create a pre-shot routine around the device is becoming a bit of a drag to ensure it "wakes up" prior to the shot. 

I bought it mostly for the PinCollect feature and the stats it provides for on approach distance and other proximity. But pin locations do not seem accurate in post round editing. Did it detect a "putt" where I was fixing a divot and smoothed it out with my putter? Did I pause awkwardly long enough over the hole before selecting number of putts to allow the GPS to lock in after picking up a tap-in?

I have been testing some new clubs and used my laser to measure a tee shot back to the sand bin which I tee'd up right next to.  In post round editing the shot scope has the shot as 5-6 yards longer than the laser. This was disappointing to see as it just adds to the list of variables between the measured and actual distances. 

I have had my V2 for over a month and it seems to work fine most of the time. The last couple of rounds it did not track my fairway shots , just the tee shots and putting strokes. I am finding the pre shot routine to wake it up to do the tracking a bit of a pain. I have to had multiple practice swings to wake it up, much more than I prefer.

However I do like the real course information on club distances and then the info on approach shots.  

13 hours ago, jp410 said:

I am finding the pre shot routine to wake it up to do the tracking a bit of a pain. I have to had multiple practice swings to wake it up, much more than I prefer.

Just wave the butt around in the air like @MaxEntropy does. It works quite well, especially for the putter...it also looks like you're fending off a swarm of bees!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, MattF said:

Just wave the butt around in the air like @MaxEntropy does. It works quite well, especially for the putter...it also looks like you're fending off a swarm of bees!

Last night I had swarms of gnats in my face the entire round, so it's not farm from the truth!

• Like 4

I have had no issues with waking up the system when I swing - occasionally the pin position isn’t entirely accurate on the green.

I did pick up a curious extra shot on a par 3 hole on Sunday. It thought I hit 7 wood on the back edge of the green followed by driver back over the hazard and then a putt from there - it was weird but that stuff will happen - once in 10 rounds is no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Think a new one will be coming out this winter? With the recent reduction in price and prolonged sale.

16 hours ago, Jfoz89 said:

Think a new one will be coming out this winter? With the recent reduction in price and prolonged sale.

I would hope they could improve on the watch and make the form factor smaller

• Like 1

I hope they have fixed all of these issues I'm seeing that you guys have had.  I bought one with the MGS discount ... I couldn't resist.  But there is a money back guarantee, so let's hope 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

I hope they have fixed all of these issues I'm seeing that you guys have had.  I bought one with the MGS discount ... I couldn't resist.  But there is a money back guarantee, so let's hope 

After sales of shotscope is fantastic whenever I've had any issues they've dealt with them quickly and even had replacement watches sent out promptly.

12 minutes ago, Jfoz89 said:

After sales of shotscope is fantastic whenever I've had any issues they've dealt with them quickly and even had replacement watches sent out promptly.

Well that's refreshing to hear 

I’d LOVE a thinner edition! PLEASE, Shot Scope, make it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

I’d LOVE a thinner edition! PLEASE, Shot Scope, make it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This would be great. I really do have a feeling that they are selling the old stock before bringing the new version out.

Does anyone know if I can reset perfomance setting for my current clubs? I've had a couple of lessons and would really like to start again??

56 minutes ago, chorea said:

Does anyone know if I can reset perfomance setting for my current clubs? I've had a couple of lessons and would really like to start again??

https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002244037-How-to-reset-my-account-and-have-a-fresh-start-for-my-stats-

• Like 1