hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

Really starting to get excited about the stats, for instance I am averaging 248 yards off the tee in winter. Maybe I'm not as weak as I thought!! :D

I tried the Pro mode only today and while it did save some power there was another drawback.....

• Like 2

Really starting to get excited about the stats, for instance I am averaging 248 yards off the tee in winter. Maybe I'm not as weak as I thought!! :D

I tried the Pro mode only today and while it did save some power there was another drawback.....

Don't let the USGA or the R&A see this post, they're liable to mandate we start playing featheries again.  

Drawback I am assuming is not having distances displayed?

• Like 1

Don't let the USGA or the R&A see this post, they're liable to mandate we start playing featheries again.  

Drawback I am assuming is not having distances displayed?

Yes that, but also I had to manually go to pin collect on each hole.

Ahh featheries, I have just the club for that!!

I have noticed a few 'issues' should we say here or wait for STAGE2 to make it more 'official' as an MGS review?

I think we should keep the discussion going, the stage two's are our personal thoughts and opinions. We can save a few things for that.

• Like 2

That thing would be like a television on my puny little wrist :(

• Like 4

Yes it does look like I'm a kid again wearing dad's watch at first, but you very soon get used to it.

• Like 1

I have noticed a few 'issues' should we say here or wait for STAGE2 to make it more 'official' as an MGS review?

So far every issue I have had has been quickly and easily fixed by the support team.

So far every issue I have had has been quickly and easily fixed by the support team.

its not tech issues as they solved most of them, it's playing issues but maybe it's just me who gets them or is irked by them. I've stopped collecting putts at the hole for one of the 'issues'.

stage 2 will reveal all

That thing would be like a television on my puny little wrist :(

It's not terrible.  I suffer from tiny wrist disease and I've only tried watching one of the world cup games on it so far.  For the perceived size, it really doesn't "play" like it is that big and you don't notice the size after you take a swing. In fact, I was more surprised that the size of the watch was noticeably smaller than I thought it would be.

• Like 2

It's not terrible.  I suffer from tiny wrist disease and I've only tried watching one of the world cup games on it so far.  For the perceived size, it really doesn't "play" like it is that big and you don't notice the size after you take a swing. In fact, I was more surprised that the size of the watch was noticeably smaller than I thought it would be.

Would the Shot Scope still work if you put it in your pocket like Arccos?  It would be smaller than your phone in case you didn't want it on your wrist

• Like 1

No, it has to be within 10cm (4 inches give or take) of the sensor at the base of the club. It wouldn't work if it was in your pocket.

• Like 1

Would the Shot Scope still work if you put it in your pocket like Arccos?  It would be smaller than your phone in case you didn't want it on your wrist

have a look at our reviews, that's covered. Wait! there's more....:)

• Like 2

Right I am 6 rounds in and enjoying the experience. Putting the watch on is automatic and I am at the point that I miss it when I play indoors.😝

I love the fact that I have to play as much golf as possible so I can do a great review.😁

The majority of the time Shot Scope is picking up all of the shots. After the rounds you need to do some editing to really get the most out of it but that only takes a couple of minutes.

I still haven't lost GPS signal which is pretty good seen as we have had only about 30 hours of clear sky's this month.☁⛅❄

• Like 1

Finally got around to reading through the Stage 1s, good stuff guys! I've never looked into Shot Scope before, as I've always leaned towards Arccos, but this may be the time to do it.

• Like 3

Hi, I am John!

This is an incredible opportunity! Thank you MGS mods for entrusting me with a chance to be an official tester and provide the best knowledge I can to the forum. Thank you also to ShotScope for finding value in the work that MGS does to even offer this opportunity. Most importantly thank you to the forum spies that have been active and made this a respected place to read reviews and for the high quality of work that you have done for these opportunities to continue to exist.

John that was a very informative and well written stage 1 !    Great job!

• Like 1

After reading the blog today I thought I would post my current putting performance for the forum to critique...

Screenshot_20180629-222420.png

• Like 1