Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

hckymeyer

Thank you sir, only had that club in play for 3 rounds. Looks like it's a keeper!!

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Thank you sir, only had that club in play for 3 rounds. Looks like it's a keeper!!

Looks like a good 'un, really nice shot...

I've found the best way to make my clubs behave is to threaten them with being changed. Was thinking about swapping out my putter for something a bit more forgiving recently (I use a very old, completely technology free, thin blade putter with personal significance for me) as  I was struggling with long-range putting and suddenly I've been putting perfectly for the last few rounds as soon as I started looking at alternatives.

So, I figured I may as well start swapping out my wedges as that was now the worst gapped part of my bag, where you want the best gapping as I was gaming a real mix of randomly acquired clubs. Again, Shot Scope will attest that for my last four rounds, as soon as I looked at something else in a shop, they've been spot on the numbers...

:D

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Yep, put the non performing clubs on notice and let them think about what they've done. The thought of the cupboard brings them in line 😀😎

Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

How's everyone's testing going?

up and down - all will be revealed in stage 2 suffice to say the shine has tarnished somewhat. What about you?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

So so, some odd things happen but pretty good on the whole

Mine seems to be behaving perfectly well and doing a good job of picking everything up, as it is played.
My game, currently, is a bit hit and miss which is frustrating.
I'm at the point of just needing volume to really round out the figures, I have a lot of anomalous shots currently as the courses I have been playing have some variation which really biases club distances, for example one shot I hit yesterday with a 3/4 swing on a 7-iron (traditionally lofted muscleback) for 220 yards. It was downhill and the fairways are rock solid.

I just need time and variety in courses now to bring my numbers to a true average, at which point it will be helpful.

It has definitely helped me start to understand my "baseline" club distances though

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

Stage two's coming soon.....

On another note winter has hit hard here, had to stick to the range and simulator 😢😡❄☔

First hiccup for me. The App currently doesn't show even a fraction of my present club data, but the online version does...

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Hmmm, email the help desk guys. They should be able to help.

I think my ShotScope V1 is jinxed :)

2 weeks ago, I played the first 9 without it and shot a 40. I put it on for the back 9 and shot 51.

Last week, I started with 2 birdies and 1 Par, put my watch on and shot a triple, double and bogey.

Maybe I should get a V2? :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Hey Shot Scope v2 users!

Have you been following the Cobra Challenge? I'm curious what you think about Shot Scope in contrast to Arccos.

Are there any advantages you see for Shot Scope? Are there any features you'd like to see incorporated that Arccos uses? What do you think both systems are missing?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I have been following and have come to the conclusion that both systems have their good points and bad points.

Arccos has the my caddie feature but sucks the life out of your phone battery.

Shot Scope is a much more about straight data but doesn't have the flashy apps.

I wish there was a "handicap" rating for the clubs in Shot Scope but I love that all I have to do to check distance is raise my arm. The Arccos boys have to take the phone out of their pockets.

The main battery drain is always going to be with GPS enabled. The furthest I've got with mine is to around the 12th on the 2nd round = 6 hours.

I also noticed that even in standby mode i.e. with time displayed the battery will drain substantially over a day i.e. you will lose 40-50% of the battery life.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

I'm pleasantly impressed by Shotscopes battery life and even more impressed how quickly it acquires satellites. My skycaddie can take over 5 minutes to find one.

People have mentioned the watch size, so have I, friends even offered to watch out for the police for me as I'm tagged!! However, once on it feels light and you don't even notice it after a few holes. The figures on the watch are bright and large, a Godsend to us glasses wearers who wear distance only glasses to play golf. I've found the accuracy quite impressive also.

The hazard distance feature is fantastic. I didn't think I would use that but the affirmation that bunker is X yards from the green aids a confident selection of club to carry, or lay up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Yep, as a predominantly solo golfer I can't complain about the battery life at all.
I usually finish 18 holes in about 2hrs 45and usually have ~65% battery remaining.

The only time I've had a strong battery drain was playing a competition in a 4-ball when behind other, slower groups which ran in excess of 5 hours for the round. Even so, I managed to download my round to my phone and edit it while waiting for the awards ceremony, sit through the awards and then put it on charge in the car while driving to a second course and play a further 9-holes there before heading home :)

It will easily run two full 18s for me when playing on my own and if you carry any portable charging device you should get through a couple of 2/3 ball rounds if you put it on charge while stopping for food between the rounds.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Hey Shot Scope v2 users!

Have you been following the Cobra Challenge? I'm curious what you think about Shot Scope in contrast to Arccos.

Are there any advantages you see for Shot Scope? Are there any features you'd like to see incorporated that Arccos uses? What do you think both systems are missing?

dodgeball_team.jpg

I have been following the fantastic coverage of the cobra challenge.  All I can think about is it sounds like team Globo Gym has come to the forum.  I found myself really liking the Arccos system from the conversation going on in the thread (it's hard not to, the competition draws you in). The Arccos software does a great job at helping you understand your stats.  I think my favorite thing about their product is the handicap tool built into the stat tracking and the fact that you can have a birds eye view of the hole that you are playing on, via your phone.

Here on the Average Joe Gym side of the ball, Shot Scope has it's advantages (not all are listed: stay tuned for more).  The watch is a MAJOR plus.  It doesn't take long for the watch to connect to the satellites and start pumping out numbers.  First off, the watch is comfortable and gives me real time numbers.  No time wasted fiddling about and having to dig through pockets for a phone that doesn't want to emerge from said pocket.   The distances are there at a glance and over the past couple of months of testing the GPS distances are SPOT ON as verified by both Bushnell and Precision Pro.  The distance to the front and​ back of hazards has been a huge help and has minimized my bad habit of drowning golf balls.  In addition, Shotscope's dynamic yardage feature is a vast improvement over the static distances my Garmin would produce. The biggest addition I would make would be to have a running handicap trend for different aspects of my game like Arccos provides.

MobileDynamicYard.png

Both systems do leave a little to be wanted in terms of overall round accuracy but that's a minor gripe.  These systems are AWESOME.  Both in their own unique way.  But lets face it, we all want Average Joe's gym to whip the Purple Cobras...and we will.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Image1532743569.759740.jpg

That moment you get home early enough to chase the sun on the back 9, grab your shot scope and realize it is dead because you are a dummy and didn't make sure it was charged 🤦‍♂️

Today was (gonna be) a good day.

Edit: once again my .gif doesn't work

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

Has anyone else noticed that if you don't sync or connect to your computer for a few days that the time on the watch is up to 30 minutes slow?

Has anyone else noticed that if you don't sync or connect to your computer for a few days that the time on the watch is up to 30 minutes slow?

I haven't noticed that, then again I normally download my rounds as soon as I get to my car.

Gameday

Classic Bag

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time 😯🙄

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time

I have this same issue with an older Bushnell Neo+. However I attribute that to an older battery. Wonder if maybe there's an issue with yours perhaps?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

I often experience that the time is correct when I turn on the watch but when I then start a round, the time goes back around 30 mins. I then have to end the round, re-start the watch and start a new round. Now the time is correct.

Considering the standby time display is a very recent add-on feature, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some bugs still need to be worked out.

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time

Regardless of the extenuating circumstances, a device that “looses time” probably shouldn't be operated by anyone other than a quantum physicist. What sort of experiments are going on at ShotScope HQ?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Maybe they are working on a way to give us a mulligan by allowing us to slide back in time and replay the shot as if it had never happened...

Maybe they are working on a way to give us a mulligan by allowing us to slide back in time and replay the shot as if it had never happened...

Fingers crossed. I can't even begin to fathom how much dough golfers would shell out for such a feature.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Fingers crossed. I can't even begin to fathom how much dough golfers would shell out for such a feature.

FORE!!! seconds backwards, please, Caddy...

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Check to see if the Shot Scope is in Bar time mode. Usually happens when a few beers or select alcoholic beverages are consumed on the course..

😀😁😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Stage two's getting closer....

I've had a few minutes to sit down and re-read all the stage one's. I noticed in one of Nunfa0's pictures that the system has three modes: GPS, Pro, and GPS+. What's the difference? Do any of you also happen to have experience with Arccos to be able to compare and contrast?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges