hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time 😯🙄

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time

I have this same issue with an older Bushnell Neo+. However I attribute that to an older battery. Wonder if maybe there's an issue with yours perhaps?

I often experience that the time is correct when I turn on the watch but when I then start a round, the time goes back around 30 mins. I then have to end the round, re-start the watch and start a new round. Now the time is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Has anyone else noticed that if you don't sync or connect to your computer for a few days that the time on the watch is up to 30 minutes slow?

Considering the standby time display is a very recent add-on feature, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some bugs still need to be worked out.

I sync as soon as I finish as well but if you leave it for a few days after that it looses time

Regardless of the extenuating circumstances, a device that “looses time” probably shouldn't be operated by anyone other than a quantum physicist. What sort of experiments are going on at ShotScope HQ?

• Like 4

Maybe they are working on a way to give us a mulligan by allowing us to slide back in time and replay the shot as if it had never happened...

• Like 5

Maybe they are working on a way to give us a mulligan by allowing us to slide back in time and replay the shot as if it had never happened...

Fingers crossed. I can't even begin to fathom how much dough golfers would shell out for such a feature.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed. I can't even begin to fathom how much dough golfers would shell out for such a feature.

FORE!!! seconds backwards, please, Caddy...

• Like 4

Has anyone else noticed that if you don't sync or connect to your computer for a few days that the time on the watch is up to 30 minutes slow?

Check to see if the Shot Scope is in Bar time mode. Usually happens when a few beers or select alcoholic beverages are consumed on the course..

😀😁😂

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

Stage two's getting closer....

I've had a few minutes to sit down and re-read all the stage one's. I noticed in one of Nunfa0's pictures that the system has three modes: GPS, Pro, and GPS+. What's the difference? Do any of you also happen to have experience with Arccos to be able to compare and contrast?

I've had a few minutes to sit down and re-read all the stage one's. I noticed in one of Nunfa0's pictures that the system has three modes: GPS, Pro, and GPS+. What's the difference? Do any of you also happen to have experience with Arccos to be able to compare and contrast?

GPS behaves as a GPS only but doesn't record your shots.

Pro records your shots but gives you mot in game information.

GPS+Track gives you distances on screen AND tracks your shots.

• Like 3

maybe it's like 'bullet time' ;) 

Continuing to not like this device on many fronts. I know it's working great for the testers.

But for me it's become a $190 or whatever I paid for it paperweigjt.

Too much editing required.

Menus are horrible to navigate. Totally guessing as to what button to push to find a feature.

Tags come off easy. I have lost two tags, well don't know for sure it they are lost. And j secured them very well. Could be at the very bottom of my 14 way cart bag. But who wants to go to to troubke of emptying out a full cart bag and then it upside down to see if they are there.

My thought is because they are midsize grips in a 14 way divider they may be running on the slots on the way out and loosening. So I shouldn't have to deal with this just because I have one of the more popular grip styles around.

And the worst part is the whole joke of having to take a practice swing to activate it. I think someone else hit it when they said. They believe it's the technology in the tag and watch requiring a few extra moments to sync up and they are trying to BS you into it being an activation thing.

I don't take practice swings. Never have and never will. I take a couple waggkes to get my swing path thought correct but not a full swing.

You shouldn't have to change a major portion of your game to get a device to work for you.

it gets a big F from me.

• Like 5

Continuing to not like this device on many fronts. I know it's working great for the testers.

Menus are horrible to navigate. Totally guessing as to what button to push to find a feature.

Tags come off easy. I have lost two tags, well don't know for sure it they are lost. And j secured them very well. Could be at the very bottom of my 14 way cart bag. But who wants to go to to troubke of emptying out a full cart bag and then it upside down to see if they are there.

My thought is because they are midsize grips in a 14 way divider they may be running on the slots on the way out and loosening. So I shouldn't have to deal with this just because I have one of the more popular grip styles around.

And the worst part is the whole joke of having to take a practice swing to activate it. I think someone else hit it when they said. They believe it's the technology in the tag and watch requiring a few extra moments to sync up and they are trying to BS you into it being an activation thing.

I don't take practice swings. Never have and never will. I take a couple waggkes to get my swing path thought correct but not a full swing.

You shouldn't have to change a major portion of your game to get a device to work for you.

it gets a big F from me.

So tell me how you REALLY feel about it...😁😂🤣. I hear you on those issues...

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

it gets a big F from me.

not for me it isn't. I hear you on the issues plus I have a few of my own. It could be a decent product but it's not the 'fire it up and forget about it' system they are claiming...at this stage.

More in my stage 2 report due soon.

• Like 2

So tell me how you REALLY feel about it...🤣. I hear you on those issues...

MDGolfHacker

Just my experiences. Maybe these things arent meant for me. I sold GameGolf two years ago after using it two or three times. .

Hated the tagging thing and to many missed shots with it.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that Rob, seems you have had the opposite experience to me!!

Oh well more in my stage two which should be up by this time tomorrow!!

• Like 2

Changed my approach shots as they are too far from pin, plus putting stats show 88% are short!!! :( never up never in, explains my average 37 putts.

Combined this stat info with a samm putt lesson and I expect now to be getting better, so it has been useful to have this knowledge.

One place where ShotScope is definitely beating Arccos is with short/long on putts. Arccos really needs to add that.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Edit - short putts, not shirt putts.

• Like 2

Just my experiences. Maybe these things arent meant for me. I sold GameGolf two years ago after using it two or three times. .

Hated the tagging thing and to many missed shots with it.

Rob - you need to give Arccos a try. They are making midsize CC grips.

• Like 1

Rob - you need to give Arccos a try. They are making midsize CC grips.

It's definitely a consideration. Good to know they make the midsize grips now.

I do have an iPhone so that's good. I could probably get by with the phone in my pocket.

But you're right on the putting stat. Shotscope does do that well. And I know the putts stat is one thing I hear MDGH mention during rounds with him.

• Like 1