Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
hckymeyer

Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

23 hours ago, PMookie said:

Just finished 9 holes with the Shot Scope V2. I like it! Pretty dang cool! I had to add 2 strokes to the first hole, but other than that, no issues. I know in the dead of summer, when it’s blazing hot, this thing is gonna be tough to keep on the wrist, but I really like it. Pretty neat to see all of my shots post-round on the map of the course. Gonna be fun this summer competing with everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm just developing a nice golfers tan from the watch 😂

Yes it does get a little sweaty under it but it's not annoying

• Like 2

Really thinking of switching from Arccos to ShotScope this year

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Do it.... EVERYone’s doing it!!!

• Like 1

Santa delivered me a shiny new shot scope v 2 for Christmas, so I'll be joining the party as soon as monsoon season stops and I am over being sick. 

Can't say it was 100% because of your hard work and reviews, but they were part of the decision making process. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Thin2win said:

Santa delivered me a shiny new shot scope v 2 for Christmas, so I'll be joining the party as soon as monsoon season stops and I am over being sick. 

Can't say it was 100% because of your hard work and reviews, but they were part of the decision making process. 

Welcome to team Shot Scope 😁😎

On 12/27/2018 at 2:45 PM, TBT said:

Why is that?  Genuinely curious.

3 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Why is that?  Genuinely curious.

I'm wondering about that too. Both systems are great but have their problems. I am biased of course but would like to know what is dragging you into the light 😁😎

Had the same problem with Game Golf. Local club was a 9 hole course, but with two different tee boxes (yeah they were waaay different, so.e times I forgot that it was a hole I just played 1.35 hours before)
Anyway, i found the only solution to keep them straight was to turn off the system completely at the turn. Not sure if that will work with Arcos or TG.

M

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Heading to the course here to use this for the first time.  My only setup issue was that I have a counter balanced superstroke grip. And tabs have no way to mount to it. I'll try cutting off the mounting post and attaching it with glue or tape

How does one “see” distances to hazards while on a hole? Is there a way to “measure” a shot? Nope. I haven’t fully read the online instructions...

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

How does one “see” distances to hazards while on a hole? Is there a way to “measure” a shot? Nope. I haven’t fully read the online instructions...

So, with my limited 9 holes in on this product. I can say that seeing hazards is very easy. If the hole has a hazard, a little hazard symbol (like a car hazard symbol, a triangle with an ! in the middle) shows up on the top left of the screen, you just touch the top left button and it switches from green to hazard and shows you the distance to it and to carry it. If there are multiple hazards, you can cycle through them. Very easy.

As for "measure" a shot... are you asking if it will tell you how far you hit your last shot? Not until you upload the round.

• Like 2

Also, just finished my first 9 holes with SSV2. The watch was comfortable and was easy to use, distances were great and I didn't have a single missed shot with anything... except my putter. It didn't record a single putt. I had to manually edit everyone after the round. Since I have a putter grip that doesn't allow me to attach the sensor to the end of it I tried holding the sensor in my palm while putting. I don't think that worked. I will have to come up with an alternate method to get the sensor mounted to my putter.

• Like 2

The Beta firmware so far is great, seems to pick up location faster and gives you a more "reassuring" screen as to what it's doing and that it hasn't just locked up and achieved nothing while it is looking for signal.
Being able to play a back-9 on reciprocating or multiple-9s courses is great too.

It seems to be better at picking up your putting location more quickly too, though that may just be my perception. That's been the one area I've had questions in the past, where I tend to be over my putt and take it fairly quickly and I've had to edit putt and flag locations more than any other thing previously, though I also think some of that is simply that the course I most commonly play needs re-mapping.

The only other minor gripe I have is that the mobile app is slightly confusing around the turn of the year. I downloaded my first round of this year yesterday and immediately couldn't see it, it looked like it was just lost. I'd forgotten/hadn't realised that rounds are stored per-year and I was still looking at the 2018 page.

Still, scoring is coming along well and I'm #1 in more than one category on the MGS leaderboards, so step your games up fellas (though you can expect my position on at least one of those to drop right off as soon as I play a slightly more difficult course...)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

The Beta firmware so far is great, seems to pick up location faster and gives you a more "reassuring" screen as to what it's doing and that it hasn't just locked up and achieved nothing while it is looking for signal.
Being able to play a back-9 on reciprocating or multiple-9s courses is great too.

It seems to be better at picking up your putting location more quickly too, though that may just be my perception. That's been the one area I've had questions in the past, where I tend to be over my putt and take it fairly quickly and I've had to edit putt and flag locations more than any other thing previously, though I also think some of that is simply that the course I most commonly play needs re-mapping.

The only other minor gripe I have is that the mobile app is slightly confusing around the turn of the year. I downloaded my first round of this year yesterday and immediately couldn't see it, it looked like it was just lost. I'd forgotten/hadn't realised that rounds are stored per-year and I was still looking at the 2018 page.

Still, scoring is coming along well and I'm #1 in more than one category on the MGS leaderboards, so step your games up fellas (though you can expect my position on at least one of those to drop right off as soon as I play a slightly more difficult course...)

remapping shouldnt affect the putt and pin marking location as it 'marks' where you 'collected' the putts and only does so when it recognizes you are on the green.

I found editing pins and putts quite hard to do and pretty inaccurate as I cant remember exactly where each was 🙄

is there a shotscope leaderboard that anyone has created yet for the forum members?

Side note, the new firmware is going to resolve the counterbalanced putter issue with allowing you to manually tag your putts, that will solve that problem for me. I played a 2nd 9 holes with it yesterday, and still no missed shots, so that is nice. 

• Like 3

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a Shotscope (hopefully some new deals pop up this spring). I've been weighing the pros and cons of this versus Arccos for a couple months and the "no subscription" aspect of the Shotscope factored quite a bit - I'm not a fan of subscription-based software, even more than having a dinner platter on my wrist. I've been wearing my Fitbit while doing the Orange Whip routine to get used to having something on my wrist. 

Is there something else I'm not considering?

• Like 4

17 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

remapping shouldnt affect the putt and pin marking location as it 'marks' where you 'collected' the putts and only does so when it recognizes you are on the green.

I found editing pins and putts quite hard to do and pretty inaccurate as I cant remember exactly where each was 🙄

It would if their GPS location was off by even a small amount so the recorded location doesn't match the map overlay perfectly...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thin2win said:

is there a shotscope leaderboard that anyone has created yet for the forum members?

Yes, there is...

Image for proof of MyGolfSpy leaderboard existence only, of course 😉

Number1.jpg.e3a3edd67b54446236b20831c11d6d3f.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

Yes, there is...

Image for proof of MyGolfSpy leaderboard existence only, of course 😉

Number1.jpg.e3a3edd67b54446236b20831c11d6d3f.jpg

so it exists, but requires a super secret double probation password to get in. I see. Does anyone want to share said super secret double probation password? 

• Like 1