Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
hckymeyer

Official Forum Member Review - Shot Scope V2

I don't know how you boys in the southern hemisphere were able to test during the winter months.  I am about to go stir crazy realizing I only saw a golf course 3 times over the past 2 months.  It's on as soon as I get this update done and we have some dry days with that funny looking ball of fire in the sky.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Recently picked up a ShotScope V2 and wondered if you guys would be able to help answer some questions, but I'm loving it so far!

• P-Avg - I understand P-Avg's are supposed to remove outliers, to give you a better average, was as the Avg is literally just an average of all your shots with that club. On my first round I hit only 1 shot with my 3w, the Avg shows the distance of the shot (220 yards) but the P-Avg shows 96 yards. Why is this, and will it work out over time?
  • Shot's taken to finish - I've seen the shots taken to finish pages on putts and approaches. Does the number it shows include the shot you took from the location? e.g I avg 2.1 putts from say, 30ft. Does that mean on average I will be 2.1 putts including the putt from 30ft, or is it 2.1 putts on top the putt I have taken from 30ft, for 3.1 total?
  • Successful/Unsuccessful - On the approach and short game screens I keep seeing 'success' or  'unsuccessful' written on some shots. Is this just an indication of whether or not I hit the green?
  • Are Par 3 shots included in the approach stats? My GIR was 56% but my approach was only 40%.
  • Firmware updates - Do I have to do anything special to get this latest update? I saw they announced it two days ago, and have connected my watch every day since but haven't had the update show up.
  • In the dashboard, if I click the little location icon to the right of a shot, is it supposed to take me to an overview of the hole? Mine just takes me to the round overview.

Would really appreciate any responses!

Thanks guys.

Edited by xreyuk

8 hours ago, xreyuk said:

Hi All, 

Recently picked up a ShotScope V2 and wondered if you guys would be able to help answer some questions, but I'm loving it so far!

• P-Avg - I understand P-Avg's are supposed to remove outliers, to give you a better average, was as the Avg is literally just an average of all your shots with that club. On my first round I hit only 1 shot with my 3w, the Avg shows the distance of the shot (220 yards) but the P-Avg shows 96 yards. Why is this, and will it work out over time?
  • Shot's taken to finish - I've seen the shots taken to finish pages on putts and approaches. Does the number it shows include the shot you took from the location? e.g I avg 2.1 putts from say, 30ft. Does that mean on average I will be 2.1 putts including the putt from 30ft, or is it 2.1 putts on top the putt I have taken from 30ft, for 3.1 total?
  • Successful/Unsuccessful - On the approach and short game screens I keep seeing 'success' or  'unsuccessful' written on some shots. Is this just an indication of whether or not I hit the green?
  • Are Par 3 shots included in the approach stats? My GIR was 56% but my approach was only 40%.
  • Firmware updates - Do I have to do anything special to get this latest update? I saw they announced it two days ago, and have connected my watch every day since but haven't had the update show up.
  • In the dashboard, if I click the little location icon to the right of a shot, is it supposed to take me to an overview of the hole? Mine just takes me to the round overview.

Would really appreciate any responses!

Thanks guys.

Welcome to team Shot Scope 😁

Ok some quick answers..

Yes it should sort itself out and the p average will get better

It's includes the putt from 30 feet in the shots to finish

I think on approach shots it's success if you hit the green, on short game success is if you get up and down (I think)

Par 3 tee shots are tee shots not approach shots so not included in the approach stats

Check out the website for the instructions for the firmware updates, you should also get instructions with the monthly emails from Shot Scope. Any issues go to the support team and they will help.

When in round overview you can then go hole by hole to see your shots

Hope that helped 😁😎

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just bought a Shotscope - FYI, the code mgs189 will still give you $60 off, making it $149 if anyone else is interested.

That's a new code. Great deal. 

And welcome ME. I can't wait for winter to end and start using this.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Just bought a Shotscope - FYI, the code mgs189 will still give you $60 off, making it $149 if anyone else is interested.

6 hours ago, MattF said:

Just tried the code and it's only giving $30 off now.

I had this in the cart for $149 four hours after @MaxEntropy posted but didn't have the stones to pull the trigger.

I need to remind myself that my wife is pretty forgiving.  And I have a really comfortable couch.

• Like 3