Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I have started taking lessons but want something to supplement my practising. I am looking at buying a Swingtalk to help review my swing. Most reviews seem positive, but since it was released in 2015 and now mostly unavailable in stores, should I wait for a new product to be available?

Can't say I've heard much about Swingtalk, but analyzers in general seem to have lost popularity. I can't think of any that are very well supported anymore, but I haven't been looking at them either so I could be wrong about that. Best thing I can recommend is record your lessons on video and take notes immediately after to help you correlate how a movement looks and how that movement feels. Developing a good understanding of that will probably help you more than chasing numbers on a swing analyzer or personal launch monitor.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I am doing lessons (block of 11 paid for) and my coach has helped me to start recording and self analysing my swing.

I thought a swingtalk might help provide more immediate feedback on my swing change efforts when practising alone (path etc). I know it will not be perfect, but I like having a few stats to think about.

As a side note, I actually bought one on eBay yesterday

Like TR1P said, the best way to really analyze your swing is to record it and watch it afterwards. I used to own a Zepp 2 3D swing analyzer, which was pretty cool. It showed a lot of swing information and had drills for correcting some of the areas you were struggling in. But, it was a PITA setting it up every time before using it. You had to sync it with your swing and it got frustrating when the sync kept failing.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I recently purchased the Zepp 2 Swing Analyzer and have had the same issues as TSauer mentioned, experiencing synching problems between phone and device. I've only had it for a week so will continue working on it. When it works the information is useful, but getting it to work is frustrating. Could just be operator error, but from various online sources this does seem to be a common experience.

Driver: Ping G10

3 Wood: Titleist 917F2

5 wood: Taylormade Burner Superfast 2.0

3-PW: Karsten IV (yes, you read that correctly)
56 degree SW: Golfsmith Wedge Series
60 degree LW: Golfsmith Wedge Series
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro
Ball: Mizuno RB Tour X

image.png

Archived