TESTERS WANTED! ×

Slope rangefinder under $150?!?! Caddytek CaddyView V2

ademsas

Hello all,

This is my first post on this thread so go easy on me. I was wondering if anyone in the MyGolfSpy community had any experience with this range finder. All i could find were a few 

amazon reviews and reviews of the older model. Seems like a steal for that price!

https://www.costco.com/CaddyTek-Golf-Laser-Rangefinder%2C-CaddyView-V2-%2BSlope.product.100419508.html

Titleist 917 8.5* Aldila Rogue
Callaway X2 Hot 3W Aldila Tour Green-S 75g
Callaway XR 3H 19* Project X-S
Wilson V4 FG Tour Forged KBS Tour Stiff
Callaway MD3 52-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Callaway MD3 56-10 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind
Callaway MD3 60-09 True Temper Dynamic Gold Steel S Grind

Odyssey O-Works Red 7S 35"

Looks like it might be a decent product. Good price. Costco stands behind their sales.

Might be worth a look.

Let us know if you get one as I'd be interested.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I bought a CaddyTek push cart for $99 from Costco a few years ago and it's been great. Take a chance on it and let us know how it performs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

Looks like it might be a decent product. Good price. Costco stands behind their sales.

Might be worth a look.

Let us know if you get one as I'd be interested.

Going to try and grab one at Costco sometime this weekend. I'll report back 

I bought a CaddyTek push cart for $99 from Costco a few years ago and it's been great. Take a chance on it and let us know how it performs.

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I think I might. Stay tuned

Let us know how it is.  I've seen it on Costco's website and am very intrigued.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 DBD

Fairway: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha

Irons: Callaway Apex 

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 notchback

Ball: Vice Pro

Any feedback on this rangefinder?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have a caddytek caddyview 2 range finder. I play with others who have the name brand $300-$400 dollar range finders and I get the same distance everyone else does. The slope option does give different yardage as you would expect but I don't see a large difference in the slope yardage vs. actual yardage, but that could be because of the course I have available to me are relatively flat. This range finder does come with the option of non slope function as well, you will receive a small panel/tab that you clip on to the side of the unit for slope or non slope function. This can be switched in seconds and is very intuitive. It does have a "pin seeking" mode to it but I really can't tell the difference between the pin mode and regular. It doesn't buzz/vibrate when pin has been sighted so if you have some trees behind the green you may want to hit it a few times to verify correct yardage. It does have an adjustable focus which is nice and the optics I would say are up to par with anything else out there. Easy to use and switch between modes. Since this doesn't have the vibrate function or any way letting you know your locked on the pin it is a little more difficult hitting the pin from longer distances(say like 225yds and further). Overall for spending less than $150 I am happy with this range finder. I use this in conjunction with a GPS watch which makes it easier to rely on the distances given. if you are as budget minded as I am this is a good buy, you just maybe spending a few seconds more acquiring your target.

Srixon Z785 8.5* Ventus 7X/Tensei Orange Pro TX70 

Callaway GBB Epic SZ 14* 42.5" Fuji Speeder Pro Tour Spec X 75

Wilson Staff Blades 3-PW TT DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX-RC 50/54/58 

Evnroll  ER2

Srixon  Z star XV

Golf Pride MCC

I have a caddytek caddyview 2 range finder. I play with others who have the name brand $300-$400 dollar range finders and I get the same distance everyone else does. The slope option does give different yardage as you would expect but I don't see a large difference in the slope yardage vs. actual yardage, but that could be because of the course I have available to me are relatively flat. This range finder does come with the option of non slope function as well, you will receive a small panel/tab that you clip on to the side of the unit for slope or non slope function. This can be switched in seconds and is very intuitive. It does have a "pin seeking" mode to it but I really can't tell the difference between the pin mode and regular. It doesn't buzz/vibrate when pin has been sighted so if you have some trees behind the green you may want to hit it a few times to verify correct yardage. It does have an adjustable focus which is nice and the optics I would say are up to par with anything else out there. Easy to use and switch between modes. Since this doesn't have the vibrate function or any way letting you know your locked on the pin it is a little more difficult hitting the pin from longer distances(say like 225yds and further). Overall for spending less than $150 I am happy with this range finder. I use this in conjunction with a GPS watch which makes it easier to rely on the distances given. if you are as budget minded as I am this is a good buy, you just maybe spending a few seconds more acquiring your target.

Thanks for the solid review. May get one now :) 

Sounds like a fantastic deal

I almost want to buy one just as a spare in case my bushnell takes a dump

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Recently, I set out to find a good rangefinder and search led me to the dead end. Most of the goods are Chinese copies or low-quality replicas. Then I found one site http://thebestgolfrangefinder.com/ where the products with the best characteristics were collected, thanks to them I bought my Nikon 8397. So far, everything works well, if any changes appear I'll write a separate post about this.

Recently, I set out to find a good rangefinder and search led me to the dead end. Most of the goods are Chinese copies or low-quality replicas. Then I found one site http://thebestgolfrangefinder.com/ where the products with the best characteristics were collected, thanks to them I bought my Nikon 8397. So far, everything works well, if any changes appear I'll write a separate post about this.

I've found some of the 'best' (fill in whatever you're looking for) sites are really veiled marketing sites promoting a particular brand as the best even though they'll show and review other brands positively. So I'm very cautious about where I get my info from.

On the other hand I did have a Nikon LRF and really liked it. I just bought a NX7 Pro and used it today for the first time. Hands down best LRF I've had.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I picked up one of the Caddytek CaddyView V2 +Slope earlier this year.

Because of my frequent travel to the Hampton Roads, Va area and I keep a set of clubs there and my regular set here in Florida.  One one particular trip, I left my rangefinder in Florida and I felt completely lost without it on the course.

So...I figured it'd be a good opportunity to buy a newer model with the slope feature.  After doing some research and reading reviews, I settled on the CaddyTek CaddyView V2, which you can pick up on Amazon or eBay for ~$150.00, or if you're a Costco member, $129.99 on their website.

Regardless, here's my take on this unit.  I really wanted to pick up a RangeFinder with the Slope feature.  I was intrigued and thought it could really help me figure out the distances I needed to hit on my home course.  Although I play primarily in Florida, my home course has a LOT of elevation changes.  One hole, in particular has an uphill green that plays at +14 yards - and let me tell you, it plays every bit of that.  Same thing on downhill lies, I found this device to be very good at estimating the differences.  Several people in my 'gaggle' have slope features on their RangeFinders, so I like to compare them.  They paid quite a bit more than I did, and the estimations were either spot-on, or within a yard of each other.  I was in Colorado last week, with yet another buddy playing with a Slope enabled RangeFinder - same result.  Very accurate and similar results - but mine was $150+ less than theirs.

If I had to knock this unit for any reason, it'd be it's slower to pick up targets than my previous Nikon RangeFinder.  There are times when I had to step to the left or right, to get a slightly better angle on a flag, but it finds it with a little patience on those occasions.

The big question is - would I buy it again?  Absolutely.  For the money, it's an exceptional value and the accuracy and slope features are the same as the higher priced models.  It's not perfect, but it's very, very good!

I definitely recommend it.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've always used buschnell but sounds like a steal. Thanks for the review

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I picked up one of the Caddytek CaddyView V2 +Slope earlier this year.

Because of my frequent travel to the Hampton Roads, Va area and I keep a set of clubs there and my regular set here in Florida.  One one particular trip, I left my rangefinder in Florida and I felt completely lost without it on the course.

So...I figured it'd be a good opportunity to buy a newer model with the slope feature.  After doing some research and reading reviews, I settled on the CaddyTek CaddyView V2, which you can pick up on Amazon or eBay for ~$150.00, or if you're a Costco member, $129.99 on their website.

Regardless, here's my take on this unit.  I really wanted to pick up a RangeFinder with the Slope feature.  I was intrigued and thought it could really help me figure out the distances I needed to hit on my home course.  Although I play primarily in Florida, my home course has a LOT of elevation changes.  One hole, in particular has an uphill green that plays at +14 yards - and let me tell you, it plays every bit of that.  Same thing on downhill lies, I found this device to be very good at estimating the differences.  Several people in my 'gaggle' have slope features on their RangeFinders, so I like to compare them.  They paid quite a bit more than I did, and the estimations were either spot-on, or within a yard of each other.  I was in Colorado last week, with yet another buddy playing with a Slope enabled RangeFinder - same result.  Very accurate and similar results - but mine was $150+ less than theirs.

If I had to knock this unit for any reason, it'd be it's slower to pick up targets than my previous Nikon RangeFinder.  There are times when I had to step to the left or right, to get a slightly better angle on a flag, but it finds it with a little patience on those occasions.

The big question is - would I buy it again?  Absolutely.  For the money, it's an exceptional value and the accuracy and slope features are the same as the higher priced models.  It's not perfect, but it's very, very good!

I definitely recommend it.

-- P.J.

Thanks for the review PJ, do you find yourself using this over your other range finder at any time or is it strictly your spare?

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, I hadn't turned on notifications for this thread - I didn't realize you had asked a question.

In short, this is now my permanent RangeFinder.  I really like the Slope Feature, the Nikon I'd previously used is now in my "spare" bag that I keep in Virginia.

-- P.J.

:taylormade-small: Stealth Driver
:srixon-small: ZX 3W
:cobra-small: RadSpeed 3-hybrid
:taylormade-small: P790 (2021) irons (4-PW)
635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png  CBX-2 GW, SW & LW
:EVNROLL: ER7 Putter
:srixon-small: Q-Star Tour DIVIDE / image.png.759aae909d1e285c243d16aec01bb7c2.png ELIXR
image.png.01a298ec5595cfbe94cf034d738c10fd.png Revolver XL
image.png1500Li Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 HD Pro Rangefinder / image.png.e9071b3377299921b87f929d3e042fa6.png S20 GPS Watch
image.png.a78b2d4ee5b8826f57bf30ca7bcf0cb7.png + Launch Monitor

Denver, Colorado

Home Course:  Eisenhower Golf Club, USAF Academy   usafa.png.fb60aa7a77f130b1057160837c0a4a29.png

On 6/26/2018 at 12:24 PM, shinton0984 said:

Good review - thanks for taking the time. Guess I'm not surprised that there are some very solid LRFs out there for a lot less than the top brands. I have a NX 7 Pro, it cost a bit more than your Costco one, but a lot less than my partners Bushnell and it has better features than his. . 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 1 month later...

Good information everyone, thanks for sharing!

Question, I see now that you can get this with Slope AND Jolt now so am seriously considering it. 

I have a question for the CaddyTek owners:  I currently have a Nikon Prostaff 7 (more of a hunting model really) but I really like to be able to hold the button down and "scan" to make sure I have the flag  (picks up the distances behind the green as I pan across  (300, 300, 175yd, 300....ok, now I know for sure 175yd).  I really like that reassurance that I have the flag by scanning.  Does this have the capability to do that?

I had a few rounds using the Bushnell Pro X2 (the $500 mack daddy) and I found that I missed having that scan feature and that it would "lock" onto things behind the flag at times, I was not impressed really.

Ed

Archived