Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

If you like to play slow on a golf course, I want to hear from you...

Mr. 82

So.... What are these slow groups actually *doing* during all of that time?

I know im not who you're asking. But from what I've seen. There's a lot of wasted time. All the carts lining up to watch each golfer hit their shot before finding their own ball. Multiple practice swings per shot. Didn't like it. Drop one and hit another...spend 10 minutes looking for a ball. Etc...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know im not who you're asking. But from what I've seen. There's a lot of wasted time. All the carts lining up to watch each golfer hit their shot before finding their own ball. Multiple practice swings per shot. Didn't like it. Drop one and hit another...spend 10 minutes looking for a ball. Etc...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

And spending five minutes to read each putt. Even though they each four putt every time. Also buying and consuming alcohol.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My 2 cents int the mater as a new golfer ...

Absolutely "ready golf" is the key to reasonably good pace of play. Too often cart riders sit in the cart while their cart partner plays. For better pace of play, while player 1 is playing his shot player 2 should either take the cart or walk to his own ball.

For groups without carts, every player should be walking to his ball and, or, doing whatever he can to be ready to play his shot.

The above is good for people who play often and, or, have reasonable control over their golf shots.

For the groups where shots are sprayed all over the course, hole after hole time is spent looking for errant shots etc..., I think the most sensible solution is for those beginning skill level players is  to be on a par 3 course, driving range, lesson tee etc.... Regarding pace of play, Lee Trevino has  said that new players, before teeing it up on a full length course,  should visit a driving range frequently, for a year.

First about ready golf. Ik played with a lady who explained to me that we play ready golf, and then at the tee she was ready but I was still writing my scores and putting on my glove and she waited for me ???? Then with putting the one furthest away really had to put first ...... how about that as ready play ?

Carts is not a problem here ... you can only use a cart if you are disabled. Healthy people just walk.

But for the 'begiing skill level players' as me (41 now).  I normal play on par3 courses and the same problems happen there. Old guys looking for their ball 5 min. Hitting a bal and then on their way up to their ball look for other lost balls .......
But I do like to play on the main course. EVen if I don't play with a driver/wood/hybride .... But on par3 courses I can do a 'full' swing only on the last hole as it's 120y.
But according to Lee Trevino I first have to play driving range for a year?? That's stupid. I play the main course quicker then many other players. They hit further then me, but still I can make my way around. The first time I played I played with no reservations 80 min after me, but in the end I had to wait for the pair in fron of me. BTW: It took me 51 strokes for a 9 hole course (lady tees).

I think handicap should be a better way to see if anyone can play the main course, although that's not everything to ....

On my home course there are no (back tees, white or whatever colours are used in US). Only Male, Female en Junior tees.
You have to be handicap 24 for male tees, 36 female tees, 54 junior tees. But it is no problem is it's not busy to play from other tees.

It's not a problem to play slow, but let people pass if you do.

Archived