Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tell me about push carts, specifically ones without straps

deejaid

So I am thinking of getting a push cart. I'd really like to use my Caddie Bag I bought as it is great at keeping clubs organized and is very well made, just a bit too heavy to carry for 18 holes.

Now, the best feature of the Caddie Bag is the way it fans open the top, making it easier to get your clubs out. To allow it to open, the body of the bag has to be able to extend, so a golf cart that straps the bag down tight won't work, hence the search for a cart that doesn't use straps.

I've seen some Sun Mountain carts that use an adjustable plastic mount to secure the bag in place. Do these reliably hold your bag? Has anyone used a cart with this type of mounting system? Cons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Here's one link...

https://mygolfspy.com/best-push-carts-of-2017/

Google has more. That's where I found this one.

BTW... what's the caddy bag? Sounds interesting.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks Plaid. Here is a link to my Caddie Bag thread

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/23099-what-is-my-bag-the-caddie-bag/

I'm thinking of getting a Sun Mountain Reflex push cart for it since it is a bit heavy. The unique design probably won't work with straps though, hence the search for a strapless cart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

I have the Sun Mountain microcart with the strapless holders and they have worked well for more than 5 years.  I have used a SM cart bag on it and currently a Wilson Staff Nexus carry bag which also works well.  I'd like the cart to be a little more upright, but no complaints about the holding arms.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 7 months later...

I have had the V1 model for years and a C130 bag. No issues. It may turn in the cart depending on the distribution of adult beverages in the bag but the stability is not impacted IMO

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Archived