Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 U.S. Senior Open - Broadmoor

downlowkey

Colorado Springs, CO - The Broadmoor is hosting the 39th U.S. Senior Open this week.

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/championships/2018/u-s--senior-open.html#!Latest

The Broadmoor is celebrating its centennial this year. Over a rich 100 year history, the resort has hosted 8 USGA Championships (6 on the East Course). The 2018 US Senior Open is shaping up to be yet another feather in the cap of this 'AAA Five Diamond' facility's impressive list of successful USGA Championships beginning with Jack Nicklaus' victory in the 1959 U.S. Amateur.

Playing at ~6000 feet of altitude, the old farts are hitting the ball comparable distances to their younger counterparts on the PGA Tour. A looming front range uplift (Cheyenne Mountain) often makes the most experienced green readers appear illiterate. And as is typical of USGA Championships, firm and fast pre-cut conditions seem to be setting the field up for a 'War of Attrition' over the weekend.

Who among my fellow Spies is following the tourney this week? Will the USGA let another property "get away" from them over the weekend? Who will take home the hardware? Anyone else planning to attend the event this week?

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

Just caught some of live play on TV yesterday.  Love the Champions Tour and attended all but one year of The Boeing Classic at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.  Haven't checked the full leaderboard, maybe missed it, but is Bernhard Langer not playing?  If that's the case, it's probably music to the rest of the field.  That guy is a robot.  Also did not see Steve Stricker's name? 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

been glued to the action- they still get it way out there and shoot under par. Different world

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just caught some of live play on TV yesterday.  Love the Champions Tour and attended all but one year of The Boeing Classic at TPC Snoqualmie Ridge.  Haven't checked the full leaderboard, maybe missed it, but is Bernhard Langer not playing?  If that's the case, it's probably music to the rest of the field.  That guy is a robot.  Also did not see Steve Stricker's name? 

Bernhard "Zeh Ultimate Golfing Machine" Langer is in the field - just struggling a bit with the altitude (+4) T-17, going into the final round.

After hosting the American Family Insurance Championship in Wisconsin last week; I'd imagine Stricker scheduled some R&R to guarantee his _fourth_ John Deer Classic win.

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

I hope my man Miguel can pull it off.

if he does you can never tell what he says afterwards- smiles and mumbles. Not sure why so many wanted him as RC Captain

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

if he does you can never tell what he says afterwards- smiles and mumbles. Not sure why so many wanted him as RC Captain

His tongue is perpetually numb from chewing an endless string of the world's finest cigars.

However...

Golf's "Most Interesting Man" version: Complete strangers hang on his every word such that each syllable of his murmured mumbling is clearly heard as though it was whispered directly in your ear"

Maxfli___'23 Tour X

The best pre-game warm up routine in golf... maybe all sports. :)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

The best pre-game warm up routine in golf... maybe all sports. :)

which should be done in the privacy of his hotel room - last time I saw sights like that I was visiting Happy Valley rest home, you know the place, the one with the slogan "We care, so you don't have to" :)  :rolleyes:  :lol:

which should be done in the privacy of his hotel room - last time I saw sights like that I was visiting Happy Valley rest home, you know the place, the one with the slogan "We care, so you don't have to" :)  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Just let me get a pair of scissors close to the back of that "man's" head.  Let him scream in Spanish while I make a man out of him, removing that pony tail.  We had words to describe "boys" that had pony tails back when I was growing up; we called them "girls."

Yeah, I know, in this day and age you can't call anyone anything, or you're a freaking bully or mean, or rude, or all of the above.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

• 3 weeks later...

Wow.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Archived