TESTERS WANTED! ×

Bryson dechambeau putter? Help?

I'm looking at making a similar putter to what bryson uses. I have a taylormade oversize blade head and a project x pxv xstiff to put in it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas. Is the lie and loft different. I have a guy I can take it to, to get the fine adjustments done. Any ideas are appreciated. I will also find a long grip to put on as well.

Sent from my SM-G950W using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I would put more loft on the putter head. There is a lot of forward press in his stroke which delofts the putter. I would look around 6 degrees. That way you won't ram the ball in to the ground. If you need any other tips let me know.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I would put more loft on the putter head. There is a lot of forward press in his stroke which delofts the putter. I would look around 6 degrees. That way you won't ram the ball in to the ground. If you need any other tips let me know.

Thanks man that would be a start. I tried out of pure luck messaging him on Instagram. Sadly I'm sure he gets millions so no response

Always worth a try though.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Go to Golf WRX and really study his WITB pics. The putter has more loft but It it also seems to have more forward press or lean built into the plumbers neck. That could be the tricky part to replicate properly. Let us know what you come up with tough and post pics if you make one!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

A quick google search yielded this result from golfwrx back in August 2017.  I don't think he's changed putters since and it was posted by a Sik rep so I'm assuming it's accurate.

Weight: 360g

Length: 43 3/4"
Loft: 7°
Lie: 73° 

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Also anyone think I will be able to get my Daytona OS bent to 73 ish lie angle. I think it's all steel.

Ps got the flatso xl 2.0 for 28 bucks on Amazon and will take the shaft and putter to my guy this week. Fingers crossed

Stock is 70 so 3 degrees may be a push;  might require some heat to move it that far.  WIthout  heat it is probably 50/50

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Finally got the putter done. It's quite the contraption. Nice feel and kinda weird to look at. I'm gonna have to chop it down a little shorter to get it sitting better in my hands. Bryson must be tall. I'm only 6 foot and it seems to long or I have to stand super straight up. Cool to tinker with tho20180707_083908.jpeg20180707_083857.jpeg20180707_083840.jpeg20180707_083857.jpeg

Bryson must be tall. I'm only 6 foot and it seems to long or I have to stand super straight up.

He is 6' 1"

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm looking at making a similar putter to what bryson uses. I have a taylormade oversize blade head and a project x pxv xstiff to put in it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas. Is the lie and loft different. I have a guy I can take it to, to get the fine adjustments done. Any ideas are appreciated. I will also find a long grip to put on as well.

I'm curious why you want to replicate his putter?  Nice job on the project btw.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I'm curious why you want to replicate his putter? Nice job on the project btw.

I just wanted to tinker and make one. Had the resources so figured might as well. It just seems a little long for me. I cant seem to get the forward lean as much as I want so need it a little shorter. Definitely easy to lock the hole setup and putt tho. I see what hes going for

I've been thinking about building one of these too with spare parts just to tinker. Be interested to know how you get on with it.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I've been thinking about building one of these too with spare parts just to tinker. Be interested to know how you get on with it.

If you got all the right goods I just took it to a buddy who is a club builder. I'm gonna chop mine down a bit compared to the length bryson plays. But it's kinda cool. I bought his grip off Amazon and had all the other parts laying around. Old x stiff shaft. Blade style putter head.

If you got all the right goods I just took it to a buddy who is a club builder. I'm gonna chop mine down a bit compared to the length bryson plays. But it's kinda cool. I bought his grip off Amazon and had all the other parts laying around. Old x stiff shaft. Blade style putter head.

Cool, I'm stalking around some eBay belly putter auctions. Thinking a length around 40.5-41.5 for me as I'm around your height. I've got a few other ideas.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

• 1 month later...

Trimmed my putter down to more like 38 inches and she is a beast. dropping bombs it feels good just gotta fiddle with lie angle and stuff. and loft. Its a little weird for sure. Im gonna keep testing but personally could see this becoming a great part in my bag

• 3 months later...

I ran across this forum while doing a search on BAD putter specs.  Funny, I had purchased a Biomech Ace putter (arm lock style) about a year ago and putted with it this year and really liked it as it improved my putting.   I didn't really like the big mallet head though, and after seeing Bryson's putter, I looked in buying a SIK putter like his.  After I got the $750 quote and choked, I purchased a Ping 2i putter and made one from it.  I have been loving putting with this thing.  I ended up at 43", 76 deg lie and 7 deg loft after having Golf Galaxy adjust the specs for $6.  The guy was really helpful.  He was concerned about the breaking the putter but since I only had $40 in the head and shaft, I was not really worried about it.  

I am working on the next one right now as I want to build one with a forged head / milled face for next year.  

In a post on another site, SIK golf stated the following:

"No problem. Yes, 360g is correct. The reason for the multiple setups is because the techs in Europe who worked on his putter weren't familiar with our technology and set his loft incorrectly; the setting of the loft can be an issue if the club tech isn't aware that we have four different flat surfaces on our face.

For those interested his specs are as follows:
Length: 43 3/4"
Loft: 7°
Lie: 73°
 "

Cobra LTD Driver

Sterling SL 5-SW

Maltby MG 60 Wedge

Wishon 4W

DF Blad2 Putter

Archived