Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Twist Face

Having just recently upgraded from a GBB driver to my Callaway Razr, I'm now seeing another technology shift to the Taylor Made "Twist Face" design.  As my opening statement obviously suggests, I've never been one to chase the latest in technology in my golf equipment (fly-fishing equipment as well).  That said, this design/concept is pretty intriguing.  If you're playing this driver, what do you think about it?

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

All drivers have a variation of the twist face. Taylor made just has a tiny bit more low heel and high toe.

M3 and m4 are fantastic drivers, but the degree twist face does anything that the normal bulge and roll does is barely measurable by the average golfer

Thanks, I did not know that.  So now I feel a little better knowing my new (to me) driver isn't already old school.

Thanks, I did not know that. So now I feel a little better knowing my new (to me) driver isn't already old school.

I'd argue that the biggest advancement from your razr to the latest and greatest is the advancements companies in made in weight reductions, allowing more weight to moved lower and further back, helping increase launch, reduce spin and increase MOI

Well, I played the GBB for over 20 years and just got the new driver.  I need to amortize the $70 I paid for it. :)

Having just recently upgraded from a GBB driver to my Callaway Razr, I'm now seeing another technology shift to the Taylor Made "Twist Face" design. As my opening statement obviously suggests, I've never been one to chase the latest in technology in my golf equipment (fly-fishing equipment as well). That said, this design/concept is pretty intriguing. If you're playing this driver, what do you think about it?

I started this season with an M3 driver. Twist face was a savior. However i found myself reliant on drinking the ball on its heel, which for me was straight as a mutha. But it it took distance and changed my swing. I ended up changing to the Cobra F8 and surprisingly turned into the longest driver ive ever hit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I added all the rest of my clubs in my signature line; but perhaps after your reply.  I'm seeing it, do you?

I added all the rest of my clubs in my signature line; but perhaps after your reply.  I'm seeing it, do you?

Still rocking Ping Eye 2's! Awesome clubs. I had a set of those and loved them. I would still have them but my neighbor begged me to sell them to him. 

At the time I was going to buy some Ping Eye 2 BeCu No + No, but ended up with some ISI BeCu's instead, and they were not the same.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

@RoverRick.  Not sure why my quote function is not working?  Sent a PM to the Admin about it.  Yes, still  playing them after all these years.  I'm probably wrong in presuming that changes in irons design have do not offer significant game change results that drivers have.  My PE2's are still is great shape and have the zz-lite shafts; which I think match up to my 97-100 mph swing speed.  My new playing partner here in MT plays I3's which he's been playing for a long time as well.

For sure I occasionally get a hankering to buy some latest series irons, but I have no idea what would offer a significant advantage over the PE2's.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I played the GBB for over 20 years and just got the new driver.  I need to amortize the $70 I paid for it. :)

Well when you're ready to upgrade, there are a whole host of options out there for cheap (in golf terms). It's amazing how cheap you can find equipment that's 2-4 years old but still has a lot of great technology/forgiveness. 

I commend your ability to hang on to equipment as long as you do. Hopefully you manage to swap out your grips from time to time. It's a simple, low cost expense that can really help you out around the course. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 4 years later...

I picked up a Twist Face driver for the first time this year and it seems to me to actually have some effect. It doesn't eliminate a slice or hook or anything like that, but those slightly off hits that would keep fading or keep drawing seem to fade or draw a bit less. It may be I'm just swinging better, but it could be the twist face. Has anyone else noticed any difference?