Sign in to follow this  
fixyurdivot

Twist Face

Having just recently upgraded from a GBB driver to my Callaway Razr, I'm now seeing another technology shift to the Taylor Made "Twist Face" design.  As my opening statement obviously suggests, I've never been one to chase the latest in technology in my golf equipment (fly-fishing equipment as well).  That said, this design/concept is pretty intriguing.  If you're playing this driver, what do you think about it?

All drivers have a variation of the twist face. Taylor made just has a tiny bit more low heel and high toe.

M3 and m4 are fantastic drivers, but the degree twist face does anything that the normal bulge and roll does is barely measurable by the average golfer

Thanks, I did not know that.  So now I feel a little better knowing my new (to me) driver isn't already old school.

Thanks, I did not know that. So now I feel a little better knowing my new (to me) driver isn't already old school.

I'd argue that the biggest advancement from your razr to the latest and greatest is the advancements companies in made in weight reductions, allowing more weight to moved lower and further back, helping increase launch, reduce spin and increase MOI
  • Like 3

Well, I played the GBB for over 20 years and just got the new driver.  I need to amortize the $70 I paid for it. :)

• Like 4

Well, I played the GBB for over 20 years and just got the new driver. I need to amortize the $70 I paid for it. :)

Enjoy it man. What other clubs do you have in the bag?

Having just recently upgraded from a GBB driver to my Callaway Razr, I'm now seeing another technology shift to the Taylor Made "Twist Face" design. As my opening statement obviously suggests, I've never been one to chase the latest in technology in my golf equipment (fly-fishing equipment as well). That said, this design/concept is pretty intriguing. If you're playing this driver, what do you think about it?

I started this season with an M3 driver. Twist face was a savior. However i found myself reliant on drinking the ball on its heel, which for me was straight as a mutha. But it it took distance and changed my swing. I ended up changing to the Cobra F8 and surprisingly turned into the longest driver ive ever hit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I added all the rest of my clubs in my signature line; but perhaps after your reply.  I'm seeing it, do you?

I added all the rest of my clubs in my signature line; but perhaps after your reply. I'm seeing it, do you?

I've been posting from the Tapatalk app but I'll check out your signature next time I'm on my pc

I added all the rest of my clubs in my signature line; but perhaps after your reply.  I'm seeing it, do you?

Still rocking Ping Eye 2's! Awesome clubs. I had a set of those and loved them. I would still have them but my neighbor begged me to sell them to him. 

At the time I was going to buy some Ping Eye 2 BeCu No + No, but ended up with some ISI BeCu's instead, and they were not the same.

@RoverRick.  Not sure why my quote function is not working?  Sent a PM to the Admin about it.  Yes, still  playing them after all these years.  I'm probably wrong in presuming that changes in irons design have do not offer significant game change results that drivers have.  My PE2's are still is great shape and have the zz-lite shafts; which I think match up to my 97-100 mph swing speed.  My new playing partner here in MT plays I3's which he's been playing for a long time as well.

For sure I occasionally get a hankering to buy some latest series irons, but I have no idea what would offer a significant advantage over the PE2's.

Well, I played the GBB for over 20 years and just got the new driver.  I need to amortize the $70 I paid for it. :)

Well when you're ready to upgrade, there are a whole host of options out there for cheap (in golf terms). It's amazing how cheap you can find equipment that's 2-4 years old but still has a lot of great technology/forgiveness. 

I commend your ability to hang on to equipment as long as you do. Hopefully you manage to swap out your grips from time to time. It's a simple, low cost expense that can really help you out around the course. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    IndyArcher

• By Golfspy_CG2
      How do you improve on a line of drivers that had a member of the family win the coveted Most Wanted Driver in 2018?  That's certainly a tough task for any group of engineers.  But the really smart guys in the lab coats in the rooms where nobody is allowed to go in Phoenix are betting they have done just that.   And they have gone into uncharted waters to do so. 
      PING has been if not the last , then most certainly the last major equipment company to produce a driver with movable weights.   For years PING has stated that it had enough technology built into each version of it's drivers that you need not worry about unscrewing plugs, or sliding bars, or inserting cogs etc.   They had done all the work for you and the driver would work just fine, and they did thank you very much. 
      Well take a close look at the rear of the new G410 Plus pictured below.  You'll see three possible ports for a movable weight, center for neutral, on the heel for draw bias and out on the toe for fade bias.   People have finally gotten what they have clamored for. 
      And for those who prefer a driver with a bit of a draw bias and don't need to change if from that, well PING hasn't forgotten you, as it made the G410 SFT--Straight Flight Technology--and it otherwise has all the same technology.  

Will this movable technology along with all the hosel adjustment that can moved into eight different configurations make one of the best drivers on the market year in and year out even better?
      Well we're going to leave it to four dedicated and trustworthy and oh alright, it's OK to say-- LUCKY as well-- members of the My Golf Spy forum to test, play, review--and keep-- these drivers.  The members of the forum will anxiously be awaiting the results.   
      The testers will be getting these drivers pretty much the same time they will be hitting retail shelf's, so you will be among the very first consumers on the course with these incredible looking drivers. 

HOW TO APPLY:
      in this thread - and ONLY in this thread - tell us the following:

1. Your first name and home state or province. -US and CN eligible. 
      2. Your current handicap and driver swing speed
      3. Your current driver
      4. List whether you would like to review the G410 Plus or G410 SFT
      Pretty straightforward!

Good luck, and we'll be announcing the testers in this forum early next week!

WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!

Congrats to the following testers:
      @jlukes @fixyurdivot @tony@CIC @PING Apologist #9
      Please see the post below for more details:

Edited April 2, 2018 by GolfSpy Rob (see edit history) 
    • By milesoller
      Like new Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei Orange CK 50 driver shaft stiff flex. Hit maybe 30-40 times. Pulled from a Mizuno GT180. Still has mizuno quick switch adapter and mizuno grip. $125 plus shipping. Sorry if you saw this post earlier with no content, there was a glitch in the app. 

• By Golfspy_CG2
      As an avid MGS'er, you know doubt have read about, or even tried, TrueGolfFit - Adam and Tony's personalized online golf fitting engine. You give TrueGolfFit what amounts to your swing DNA, and the engine's algorithms search and filter the mountain of data MyGolfSpy has collected over the years to deliver to you your best fit and first alternative driver. And the fit is guaranteed!
      Now, what if you combine that online fitting with Global Golf's U-try driver demo program? For $25 Global Golf will send you the driver of your choice, brand-new and unopened, to try on your home course for two weeks. If you like it, keep and and the $25 goes toward your purchase price. Don't like it? Send it back. The shipping is all taken care of.
      At MyGolfSpy we're all about having forum members put things to real live tests to experience for themselves what a club/device/program etc does, and to bring honest, unbiased feedback to the rest of the forum.
      This testing was a bit unique as it involved two separate entities that MGS combined into one experience.   As such it took a bit of patience to get all the pieces moving in the correct direction but in the end I think our testers will be able to give some solid feedback on, TrueGolfFit, Global U Try and most fun of all the drivers they were fit for.
      Note: Due to the nature of this testing where the testers get to keep the driver, they will not be able to review the return process.  Feel free to hit them up with all the questions you can think of, I know they are eager to get going. 
      Goaliewales14 Stage 1
      GoalieWales14 Stage 2
      GB13 Stage 1
      GB13 Stage 2
      808Nation Stage 1
      808Nation Stage 2
      Eseay32 Stage 1
      Eseay32 Stage 2

• By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/2019-callaway-epic-flash-epic-flash-subzero-driver/
      Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions and reviews of these clubs

• By jlukes
      https://mygolfspy.com/2019-cobra-king-f9-speedback-driver/

Please use this thread for all discussion, impressions and reviews of the Cobra King F9 Driver!

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!