• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the new bag:

Driver: RAZR Fit 10.5 w/????

3W: TMAG Rocketballz Tour 14.5 w/Diamana Kaili 70g stiff

Hybrid: Tour Edge XCG5 22* w/Nunchuk

3-PW: Wilson FG Tour V2 w/Tour Issue True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Wedges: Wilson FG Tour (custom grinds) 52*, 56*, 60* w/Tour Issue True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: Byron Morgan Epic Day

DSC_0159.JPG

DSC_0168.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

DSC_0178.JPG

DSC_0179.JPG

DSC_0180.JPG

DSC_0184.JPG

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Couple comments:

I've only had the new irons and wedges for a few days, but I'm a big fan. The biggest change was probably the shafts; I've played KBS for 4 or 5 years, and going back to the DGs is a definite difference. The feeling is not as soft or smooth, but it seems (based on limited, honey moon experience) that the ball doesn't curve as much as it used to.

Picked up a load of spin on the wedges, 1500-2000 RPMs on average. Not something I necessarily needed, but I won't turn it down either.

I got a 3i with the set. Not necessarily planning to use it, but at a minimum it's a great training club. Hit some sweet shots with it. Hit a couple stinkers, too.

The irons are noticeably thinner than the Ansers, which I like. I think there's a bit less offset, too.

Overall, I'm happy with the change, and I'm very excited to get these to the course.

Please explain that grind, I'm intrigued!

I meant to say something about that in the other post.

Steve at Wilson did 3 major things on these:

1) "Blunted" the leading edge. The one thing I really liked about the Anser wedges was that I felt like I could be a bit steep and not dig. Steve matched that feature perfectly with the FG Tours.

2) Squared the leading edge. I prefer a straight leading edge to a rounded one. The FG Tour is fairly rounded and Steve ground it to fit my eye. Again, great job.

3) Some heel, toe, and trailing edge relief. Just for a bit more versatility. This is primarily on the 60*, I don't open up the others much.

At what point can we convince Wilson to do this for the general public in terms of grinding? I'd happily pay more for a wedge that I can get the grind I want with maybe some stamping.

Love the look of those V2 heads as well. Very sharp and much more of an eye turner then the Di/Ci line, at least for me.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Dude, that's one sweet lookin bag and like Ice, the CRU covers look great. As you probably know, I'm gettin the Fg59s any day from Paul S. I'm gonna hit em on the practice tee with the thought of them replacin my 68s. We'll see.

My question is, there's noone around Pittsburgh with the full Staff line(no Fybrids, axcept for a few regulars @ Dunham's or wedges) and I used to love their wedges though I bagged the Tw5s I didn't really like the set-up of the Tw9s(too CB for me). Anyway, obviously you like them better than the Mizzy 11s, what is it seperates them?

Thanx much.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Thanks.

With regard to the wedges, I've liked them from the first time I hit them a year and a half ago. After one swing I turned to Steve and said, "Nice forged wedge." He laughed and said, "It's cast." I still can't believe it because they feel great.

No knock on the Mizunos at all, I just had the chance to get these with a custom grind, so I did it. My only beef with the Mizunos (a nitpick) is that I don't love the headshape: the round is too round, the tear drop too tear droppy. I like a little squarer look.

LOVE the bag. I almost got the CRU head covers as well, but went with the Rocket Tours. Either way, I love the vintage look!

Also, I'm ecstatic to see another W/S player. I can't wait to re-shaft my V2s soon. I'm taking the KBS Tours off of them and putting them on the mp59s from Richard after I have them slightly extended... I may try to get some c-tapers or project x on the V2s this winter. Next year it'll be impossible for me to decide which clubs to bag at any given time.

Dude, that's one sweet lookin bag and like Ice, the CRU covers look great. As you probably know, I'm gettin the Fg59s any day from Paul S. I'm gonna hit em on the practice tee with the thought of them replacin my 68s. We'll see.

My question is, there's noone around Pittsburgh with the full Staff line(no Fybrids, axcept for a few regulars @ Dunham's or wedges) and I used to love their wedges though I bagged the Tw5s I didn't really like the set-up of the Tw9s(too CB for me). Anyway, obviously you like the Tour wedges better than the Mizzy 11s, what is it seperates them?

Thanx much.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Richard, they should be waiting at the FedEx office for pickup. According to the tracking info, they were delivered and nobody was there, so they're awaiting pickup. Who knows, maybe they'll try to deliver again. It's worth looking into. I can't wait for you to hit them and let me know how it goes!

Paul

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Are you playing a 70G of 80G Kai'li in the RBZ Tour 3 wood? I'm currently gaming the RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Kai'li 80G Stiff shaft and love it off of the tee. I need to spend more time with it from the fairway as I haven't had a chance to put in a real range session on grass with it yet.

The flight is just perfect for a 3 wood.

Driver: Ping G30 - Oban Isawa - Stiff

3 Wood: RBZ Tour 14.5 - 42.5" Kai'li 80S

Hybrid: Ping G30 - 7 wood - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 4 Iron ,JPX 800 Pro 5-GW

Wedges: Callaway 54 and 58 MD2

Putter: Odyssey Protype #2 Black

Are you playing a 70G of 80G Kai'li in the RBZ Tour 3 wood? I'm currently gaming the RBZ Tour 14.5 w/Kai'li 80G Stiff shaft and love it off of the tee. I need to spend more time with it from the fairway as I haven't had a chance to put in a real range session on grass with it yet.

The flight is just perfect for a 3 wood.

80g. That's funny because I use mine almost exclusively off the fairway. I've hit it a little more off the tee of late, but that's because the driver has been hot or cold. Really good club no matter how you use it.

Thanks for the reply, this is my first time playing an 80G shaft in a fairway wood and it has really helped to bring my ball flight down which I just love.

Driver: Ping G30 - Oban Isawa - Stiff

3 Wood: RBZ Tour 14.5 - 42.5" Kai'li 80S

Hybrid: Ping G30 - 7 wood - Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 4 Iron ,JPX 800 Pro 5-GW

Wedges: Callaway 54 and 58 MD2

Putter: Odyssey Protype #2 Black

Matt, did you originally have the KBS shafts on your FG Tours? I see that you hit the Dynamic Golds now and I'm extremely curious as to how they feel in comparison. My v2s have the KBS on them, but I want to swap those to the MP59s and put the DG S300s from the Mizzys on the v2s. I should probably go hit them at the shop down the street just to see.

Paul

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

Matt, did you originally have the KBS shafts on your FG Tours? I see that you hit the Dynamic Golds now and I'm extremely curious as to how they feel in comparison. My v2s have the KBS on them, but I want to swap those to the MP59s and put the DG S300s from the Mizzys on the v2s. I should probably go hit them at the shop down the street just to see.

Paul

No, these were built with the TIDG's right at the factory. I played KBS for the last 5 years or so and I just had the itch to try something new. There's also a swing upgrade that's in the works that should result in a steeper angle of attack, so I thought the switch to DGs would make sense there.

Archived