Street11

Smallest Blades I have ever seen.

Our Sponsors

I was working at a local golf tournament when I walked by this lady's bag on her cart. She had some “Patty Berg” Wilson Cup defender irons and they were the smallest heads I had ever seen. The ball was almost the same length as the 3 iron. She didn't play golf often but said that they were really hard to hit. I told her there were lots of options out there to make the game easier and she said, “You mean they make them bigger than this?” Yes. Yes they do.

IMG_5793.JPGIMG_5799.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

:srixon-small: Z765 (Project X HRZDUS Yellow 6.0 63g)

:srixon-small:  Z45 (Kuro Kage stiff flex 70g)

:srixon-small:  U65 20* (Miyazaki X-stiff)

:nike-small: VR Pro Combo 4-PW (Project X PXI 6.5)

:nike-small: Engage wedges 52* 58*

:wilson_staff_small: 8802

I'm guessing she's fairly old. If I were you I've offer to buy those irons from her and suggest she go buy something easier to hit. She'll be amazed. 

• Like 2

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Holy smokes. Must have been a steel shortage that year.

• Like 4

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Ahh irons from the days of the smaller ball. Very cool looking clubs and I agree, you should try to buy them!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

that's downright cruel right there....nobody should have to play those on a regular basis!

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

What was the thought behind the name "Cup Defender"??? Defending the cup against what? The flippin' balls??? :blink: Should they not be called something like "Cup Killers" or "Cup Finders"??? :P

• Like 2

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

What was the thought behind the name "Cup Defender"??? Defending the cup against what? The flippin' balls??? :blink: Should they not be called something like "Cup Killers" or "Cup Finders"??? :P

Looking at them, Cup Defender is a perfect name for them.

• Like 2

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Totally right?! It's like the wrong way or backwards thinking. Like a ball PlaidJacket found that had the name of "Par Plus" on it...Who the F what's to be "par plus"??!! :wacko:  So too, why would your clubs want to defend the hole? These certainly have the design to help defend the cup so are indeed aptly named...I suppose, but why? I wouldn't buy a driver called the "Super-Slicer"! :huh: Or irons marketed as the "Chunky Monkeys"! ;)

Sheesh, I crack me up... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

What was the thought behind the name "Cup Defender"??? Defending the cup against what? The flippin' balls??? :blink: Should they not be called something like "Cup Killers" or "Cup Finders"??? :P

My exact first reaction! But maybe it is referring to defending the Ryder cup. My guess is these are from an age long before a marketing team would use focus groups to judge the perception of something before actually pulling the trigger.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Totally right?! It's like the wrong way or backwards thinking. Like a ball PlaidJacket found that had the name of "Par Plus" on it...Who the F what's to be "par plus"??!! :wacko: So too, why would your clubs want to defend the hole? These certainly have the design to help defend the cup so are indeed aptly named...I suppose, but why? I wouldn't buy a driver called the "Super-Slicer"! :huh: Or irons marketed as the "Chunky Monkeys"! ;)

Sheesh, I crack me up... :ph34r:

Maybe for someone who wants to make the game harder than is already is. You know the +7 handicap no pro can

beat. If they have the super slicer and the chunky monkey they will also need the push putter. Maybe the pros can beat them then.

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My exact first reaction! But maybe it is referring to defending the Ryder cup. My guess is these are from an age long before a marketing team would use focus groups to judge the perception of something before actually pulling the trigger.

Oh I know... ;) I was just attempting to be funny :D

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

I'd game the chunky monkeys for sure!!!

• Like 1

:ping-small: G30 Driver

:ping-small: G30 3 and 5 Wood

:ping-small: i200 red dot 4-U

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Fastback Select

What was the thought behind the name "Cup Defender"??? Defending the cup against what? The flippin' balls??? :blink: Should they not be called something like "Cup Killers" or "Cup Finders"??? :P

I want to purchase a set of "cup finders". Who makes those?

• Like 1

Nice small blade!

:cobra-small: Driver F9                     

:cobra-small: 5 wood 18 TS2 

:mizuno-small:  Irons 4i / 9i MP-20 HMB   
:mizuno-small: wedge T20 46* 50*                                                           

:callaway-small: Wedges MD5 Jaws  58/x

:mizuno-small: Putter M-Craft II black

:taylormade-small: Tour Response 

I was going to say that but decided to read the comments first.

Imagine hitting a TopFlite Boom with that club on a cold January morning. Even if you hit it flush it's bound to hurt.

But I'm sure she has some nice grips on it to make it feel better.  :huh:

• Like 1

Driver:      :mizuno-small:  ST190G on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Fairway:   :mizuno-small:  ST190TS 15° on Fujikura ATMOS Black

Hybrids     :mizuno-small:  CLK 22 & 25 (set to 20° & 23°) on Fujikura SPEEDER

Irons:     :mizuno-small:  MP5 5-P on True Temper Dynamic Gold

Wedges: :mizuno-small: MP-T5 52*, 56* & 60* on True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge

Putter:    :cameron-small: 2018 Select Newport 2

Balls:      :titelist-small: Pro V1X

Shoes:     :footjoy-small:

Range Finder: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated