TESTERS WANTED! ×

OEM shaft or real?

Picked up an M3 fairway wood today. The Mitsubish Tensei Chemical blue shaft that comes stock doesn't say "made for" anywhere on it. Does this mean its the real deal? I know it's not the "pro" model, but is it the real Tensei blue or is it just a $10 OEM shaft we've come to expect in most clubs off the rack?

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It is not the pro model but it is the "real non pro Mitsubishi Tensi Chemical blue". The main difference between the pro and regular is lower strength but still quality materials and higher torque.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Does not matter as long as you can hit it----- I have seen good players hit stock shafts so to speak effectively.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Does not matter as long as you can hit it----- I have seen good players hit stock shafts so to speak effectively.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Bingo. It either works or it doesn't. Way to many people get tied up in the real or made for argument

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I like them! Tensei ck Blue is a terrific shaft.....check out the Cobra Connect Challenge in 7 days for more.....

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

And I second that. If Stu pulled a shaft out of the junk pile and I played it well then that's the one for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Play what works. I will say that the “made for” stock in the early and mid 2000's ie Titleist 975 speeders were a greater misrepresentation than what it is today. Taylor Made broke that with their TP series and the R7 Quad. That was one of the first runs of the OEM putting some real quality 3rd party gear in their clubs.

The TP-70 LT by Mitsubishi rayon was the best shaft I've ever swung. Still can't find one and it makes me sad.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

And I second that. If Stu pulled a shaft out of the junk pile and I played it well then that's the one for me.

I tend to pull the wrong one

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Thanks man and that is literally where the shafts in those Franken Macs in my signature came from. In fact the Pro Launch Blue in the 5 wood did too. In most mainstream eyes the shafts I use are antique and outdated. Now the shaft in the Homna driver is a factory shaft but if you study Homna closely you will see they make their own shafts and match them up to the individual club when it is built. They have outstanding QC. Actually the PL in the Adams Hybrid is factory Adams but someone (not me) did some serious tuning on it at one time. I found it in the pile and it hit good. We ran the numbers on my friend's machine and we agreed someone at some time had did some serious tuning on that thing. I knew the first time I hit it that it had been tuned on. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Play what works. I will say that the “made for” stock in the early and mid 2000's ie Titleist 975 speeders were a greater misrepresentation than what it is today. Taylor Made broke that with their TP series and the R7 Quad. That was one of the first runs of the OEM putting some real quality 3rd party gear in their clubs.

The TP-70 LT by Mitsubishi rayon was the best shaft I've ever swung. Still can't find one and it makes me sad.

Those Quads will really wake up with a quality prepared and tuned shaft in them--- We have a certain contingent of old farts at a neighboring club that still play those drivers--- In fact I built 2 of them when we had the shop----- One of them still has a Harrison shaft in it and some 11 years later the guy still stripes it. In the mainstream the shaft thing is one of those vanity things. LOL we had some guys running around here a few years ago selling bogus DG S-400 Tour Issue shaft stickers. BTW the Mitsubishi shafts are some of the best made IMHO-- I have one in my back up driver which is a 915 D-2 and one in my Adams Super S 3 wood.

G

I tend to pull the wrong one

Man it is trial and error that is how I learned---- Trust me I have pulled and built some "turkeys" in my time and have a staff bag full in the building to prove it.

G

Those Quads will really wake up with a quality prepared and tuned shaft in them--- We have a certain contingent of old farts at a neighboring club that still play those drivers--- In fact I built 2 of them when we had the shop----- One of them still has a Harrison shaft in it and some 11 years later the guy still stripes it. In the mainstream the shaft thing is one of those vanity things. LOL we had some guys running around here a few years ago selling bogus DG S-400 Tour Issue shaft stickers. BTW the Mitsubishi shafts are some of the best made IMHO-- I have one in my back up driver which is a 915 D-2 and one in my Adams Super S 3 wood.

I subscribe to the do whatever works theory. I am not too proud to slap a $30 Grafalloy ProLite (the real deal) or an EI-70 into one of these high MOI suckers and let it eat.

I still believe that the ProLite 35 was the best engineered shaft of its time. I played one in a GBB and man was that a fun club to hit.

Image1530528470.096558.jpg

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I subscribe to the do whatever works theory. I am not too proud to slap a $30 Grafalloy ProLite (the real deal) or an EI-70 into one of these high MOI suckers and let it eat.

I still believe that the ProLite 35 was the best engineered shaft of its time. I played one in a GBB and man was that a fun club to hit.

I actually have one of those shafts in a Ping Eye2 1 iron. And yes you and I have the same theory on shafts

G

Archived