Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The Fourth Wedge

Just curious as to how many of you carry a fourth wedge, specifically 60* or more? I have a few clubs I swap out at the top end of my bag depending on the course, but I've been thinking of adding a lob wedge to my options based on the course I'm playing. For those you that play a lob wedge setup, how often are you actually using it a round? Just in case the question pops up I'm currently carrying PW (47) Gap (50) and SW (56).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Just curious as to how many of you carry a fourth wedge, specifically 60* or more? I have a few clubs I swap out at the top end of my bag depending on the course, but I've been thinking of adding a lob wedge to my options based on the course I'm playing. For those you that play a lob wedge setup, how often are you actually using it a round? Just in case the question pops up I'm currently carrying PW (47) Gap (50) and SW (56).

Piggybacking on your question. I have a PW and a SW. What kind of yardage are people looking to hit with a 60. Or is it strictly just for going over obstacles. Right now I just open my 56 if I really need loft and half swing for anything under 50 yards. Just curious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I don't really adhere to the 14 club rule but I carry 5 wedges (PW, GW, 52, 56 and 60). My 60 degree is my 100, 75 and 50 yard in club.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I carry a 52 56 and 60. I use to use the 60 a lot around the greens but I've been trying to use the other 2 more as well. I can hit the 60 around 100 yards on a full swing

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I carry a 52 56 and 60. I use to use the 60 a lot around the greens but I've been trying to use the other 2 more as well. I can hit the 60 around 100 yards on a full swing

Forgive my ignorance. Trying to learn. So what's your gapping if you hit the 60 100 yards? Just curious what the setup is like. My shots inside 100 yds are..sporadic at best... Trying to learn what better players do. Tips are appreciated.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Forgive my ignorance. Trying to learn. So what's your gapping if you hit the 60 100 yards? Just curious what the setup is like. My shots inside 100 yds are..sporadic at best... Trying to learn what better players do. Tips are appreciated.

There are various techniques on partial shots. Dave Pelz is a popular one.

You could have 3-4 yardage's with each wedge.

Funny you bring this up as I sort-of have a dilemma all of a sudden on this very subject.

I've slowly gained a lot of knowledge on wedges over the past several months thanks in large part to reading posts here and YT vids like this one...

Many will say that it's best to buy or replace your wedge sets all at once if possible, but for me I can only budget one at a time. My plan was originally to try out replacing my most lofted wedge that came with my GMax set (SW at 56*) with something "better" since I use that club on almost every hole. I got the Glide 2.0 Stealth in 58* and the ES grind and it has been so impressive for me that I've now decided to also replace my set's PW & GW with similar models. In fact I just ordered my new "GW" yesterday that's also a Glide 2.0 Stealth with ES grind but set to 54*and next month I'll be ordering a 50*. I thought I had it all figured out...

Now the dilemma...Also yesterday, I received an announcement from MGS that I had somehow won a custom wedge from Fourteen Golf! Great! Now what? :unsure: So I'm actually thinking to have that club lofted at 60* and have it as my optional "4th wedge" going forward. If I carry it, I'd probably ditch either my 3W or 5W, so we'll see...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Here is a great example of what to practice, and make yourself a chart to get those distances down. I practiced this for around a hour a day, and I can (before the sideways stuff) could count on this every single time. You can do it for your other clubs too, I'm working on everything up to a 5 iron. https://youtu.be/ndoEMAaw4FY

Here is a great example of what to practice, and make yourself a chart to get those distances down. I practiced this for around a hour a day, and I can (before the sideways stuff) could count on this every single time. You can do it for your other clubs too, I'm working on everything up to a 5 iron. https://youtu.be/ndoEMAaw4FY

I like the idea of a chart for all four of my wedges and including positions. But he started losing me when he went into the graph.

Think I'll just keep it simple.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I have an xe1wedge 65* - along with Volkey SM 5 50/54/58 wedges. Use the 65 to get out of green side bunkers - it's more effective than my 54* SW esp in soft sand. I also use it for higher grass areas around the green. It provides me more control. I follow the Peltz recommendation to write the 3 distances on a piece of tape on the shaft for his 10:30/9:00/7:30 backswing positions.

Set pw, 50/54/60. I rarely full swing 54 and 60. My use varies for each based on lie, distance, and if I need to carry an obstacle. I try to hit different shots with each

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I carry a 47* PW from my iron set, then a 50*, 52*, 56*, And my trusty 60*. Now I said CARRY, these. I've found since getting much more involved and dedicated to my wedge game this Year and practice once a day in the yard, my 60 is my go to for a majority of shots. If I'm 50-60 yards and in, there's a 90% chance I'm using my 60*. I've become very comfortable with it, and have become familiar with the types of shots I can & cant hit with it. Ranging from low/punchy bump and runs, flops greenside with the pin 5-10 feet from the fringe, and chipping anywhere within 60 yards if I have nothing I need to hit UNDER.

The only times I find myself reaching for a 56 is when I'm around the green buried some thicker rough or in the sand. Or else is when I'm outside that 60 yard range and I don't plan on playing a “soft 8 iron”.

The 52 degree is something I'm becoming more familiar too with practice, but is the least comfortable club to hit out of my wedges due to lack of practice and confidence I've achieved with say my trusty 60 degree. I like it for full swings when I need to hit the 85 yard range, but still have it stop and check once it hits the green.

My 50 is my second most comfortable wedge I have (same brand, spec, and model as my 60). That's my go-to “100 yard sniper” I love it, and has a tighter dispersion and consistency than my PW for distance control.

That's just what works for ME. Honestly the best route is to find some decent second hand wedges , try them all out in different ways and see what fits your style of play and what you need on the course most frequently. It won't take long before you start leaning towards particular favorites. I feel I could honestly take my 52 and 56 out of my bag, and I wouldn't be heart broken what so ever or feel I'm going to play any worse of a Round. I'm just that much more comfortable and confident in my 50 and 60. Long story short, If you don't FEEL like your game is missing out because of lack of wedges, it's probably isn't. I know a guy who's only wedge is a PW, and it's all he knows or uses. But because of this, he has become more versatile with that one club, than most people are with their entire range of wedges.

Papa-Bear was Here. 

Also to answer the question, if you can't achieve a shot a 60-64 degree can, by opening up your highest lofted wedge. Then presto, a 60 wouldn't hurt anything if you have the money and space to add it to the bag :) I wouldn't trade my 60 for the world

Papa-Bear was Here. 

A full 60 is around 100. The 56 is around 110 and the 52 is 120. Lately I've dialed it back so I hit more 56s to around 100 but that's just me trying to develop more variety in shots so I don't get painted into a corner as much when playing

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

A full 60 is around 100. The 56 is around 110 and the 52 is 120. Lately I've dialed it back so I hit more 56s to around 100 but that's just me trying to develop more variety in shots so I don't get painted into a corner as much when playing

I've got a much lower swing speed - my 60* is 70 yrds (full swing). 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

First off, I have no idea what my max distance is with the wedge. This pretty much goes for all irons, but especially with the wedges. I have certain distances I try to swing my irons. But that's a different story. If I were to hit my wedge with a max swing, there is a very good chance I would see it hit the green and come screaming back towards me. This looks very cool, but there is really no controlling how far it comes back, plus, the likelihood of it going off line also increases.

To me the Dave Pelz Clock Face System is a great idea but a bit cumbersome to think and talk so for simplicity sake, I will say, a full swing is club head behind your head, 3/4 swing is ear high to ear high. 1/2 swing is waist high to waist high, and 1/4 swing is knee high to knee high. These four swings with 4 clubs give you 16 known distance inside 125 yards. I expanded that and have practiced using all my clubs these 4 swings and will not hesitate to go to these during the round. 

This could be a lot to remember, and when I first started doing this 8 years ago, I created a chart and carried with me. Also, I don't adhere as much to this system as I used to and use it as a general guide line now, and base my swing on it.

Club--Full--3/4--1/2--1/4

PW   125  100  70   40

GW   110   85   60   30

SW    90    75   45   25

LW     80   70   30   20

At the time, I hit all wedges by imagining cutting the legs off the ball, or striking a match under the ball with the bounce of the club. This would cause the ball to hop and stop with almost no roll. Looks cool, but depends a lot on the lie and knowing exact distances.

Now, I am not as "handsy" with my wedge swing and hit down on the ball more. I still use the clock method to determine the swing length but use my body turn to gauge the speed of the swing more and allow for more run out once the ball is on the green.

I need to work out my distances better since I started back with a different swing. I will do this once I get the Precision Pro NX7 PRO to test.

My distance really do not matter, but I recommend that you try these 4 swings with your 3 or 4 wedges so that you have some better idea once you are in this range and develop your own chart or go to clubs.

Knowing that at 75 yards you need to swing you 56 wedge ear to ear can go along way to relieving some of the anxiety with this shot. Especially if you have to hit over a bunker or water.

And no where does it say you must hit a wedge from inside a certain distance. Go to the range and hit all club these 4 swings and see what you get. It is nice to know that you are 100 yards from the green with tree limbs in the way and know that for that shot you can hit a 3/4 PW or a 1/2 7 iron or a 1/4 3 iron or hybrid.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

First off, I have no idea what my max distance is with the wedge. This pretty much goes for all irons, but especially with the wedges. I have certain distances I try to swing my irons. But that's a different story. If I were to hit my wedge with a max swing, there is a very good chance I would see it hit the green and come screaming back towards me. This looks very cool, but there is really no controlling how far it comes back, plus, the likelihood of it going off line also increases.

To me the Dave Pelz Clock Face System is a great idea but a bit cumbersome to think and talk so for simplicity sake, I will say, a full swing is club head behind your head, 3/4 swing is ear high to ear high. 1/2 swing is waist high to waist high, and 1/4 swing is knee high to knee high. These four swings with 4 clubs give you 16 known distance inside 125 yards. I expanded that and have practiced using all my clubs these 4 swings and will not hesitate to go to these during the round.

This could be a lot to remember, and when I first started doing this 8 years ago, I created a chart and carried with me. Also, I don't adhere as much to this system as I used to and use it as a general guide line now, and base my swing on it.

Club--Full--3/4--1/2--1/4

PW 125 100 70 40

GW 110 85 60 30

SW 90 75 45 25

LW 80 70 30 20

At the time, I hit all wedges by imagining cutting the legs off the ball, or striking a match under the ball with the bounce of the club. This would cause the ball to hop and stop with almost no roll. Looks cool, but depends a lot on the lie and knowing exact distances.

Now, I am not as "handsy" with my wedge swing and hit down on the ball more. I still use the clock method to determine the swing length but use my body turn to gauge the speed of the swing more and allow for more run out once the ball is on the green.

I need to work out my distances better since I started back with a different swing. I will do this once I get the Precision Pro NX7 PRO to test.

My distance really do not matter, but I recommend that you try these 4 swings with your 3 or 4 wedges so that you have some better idea once you are in this range and develop your own chart or go to clubs.

Knowing that at 75 yards you need to swing you 56 wedge ear to ear can go along way to relieving some of the anxiety with this shot. Especially if you have to hit over a bunker or water.

And no where does it say you must hit a wedge from inside a certain distance. Go to the range and hit all club these 4 swings and see what you get. It is nice to know that you are 100 yards from the green with tree limbs in the way and know that for that shot you can hit a 3/4 PW or a 1/2 7 iron or a 1/4 3 iron or hybrid.

This is so helpful to me. All of the comments are here are but thanks for laying it out for me. Currently my eyeballing is causing me alot of strokes. I love this idea. Just need to spend the time to get it worked out. I need to do some pacing In my back yard I guess to figure out the quarter and half swings.

Seriously though. Thank you for this.

RH:

#cobraconnect19

This is so helpful to me. All of the comments are here are but thanks for laying it out for me. Currently my eyeballing is causing me alot of strokes. I love this idea. Just need to spend the time to get it worked out. I need to do some pacing In my back yard I guess to figure out the quarter and half swings.

Seriously though. Thank you for this.

Glad to help, at least I hope it helps. Once you have the basics down pat you can do more like I do now. The other day, we had a par 3 with a temp teebox that was playing 93 yards. I knew that I could hit the 52 wedge, 3/4 shot and go 85. My 46 or PW goes 100 so, I had a couple of options.

Since the pin was on the from and I knew it was an easier putt from short than long, I opted for the 52 and took a couple of practice swing with the club going top of my head high. Then thought "93 yards" as my swing thought. Then I hit it to 2' from the flag. (Wish I was always that accurate but....)

Inside 30 yards I look at the flag's location on the green. If I have no green to work with I use the 60 and turn sideways imagine tossing a ball underhanded on to the green. Then base my swing on how hard I would have to throw the ball to get it to land on the green. Then take a couple of practice swings with the club. Remember, I know that it will be between knee high and waist high. If I have some green to work with I use the 52, I know that it will roll roughly the same as it flies. The 60 will not.

I can't wait to get my range finder, this will be a great improvement to my short game. Knowing the exact distance to the flag, and having the confidence to hit close is a game changer. This will drastically reduce your handicap.

Glad to help, at least I hope it helps. Once you have the basics down pat you can do more like I do now. The other day, we had a par 3 with a temp teebox that was playing 93 yards. I knew that I could hit the 52 wedge, 3/4 shot and go 85. My 46 or PW goes 100 so, I had a couple of options.

Since the pin was on the from and I knew it was an easier putt from short than long, I opted for the 52 and took a couple of practice swing with the club going top of my head high. Then thought "93 yards" as my swing thought. Then I hit it to 2' from the flag.

Inside 30 yards I look at the flag's location on the green. If I have no green to work with I use the 60 and turn sideways imagine tossing a ball underhanded on to the green. Then base my swing on how hard I would have to throw the ball to get it to land on the green. Then take a couple of practice swings with the club. Remember, I know that it will be between knee high and waist high. If I have some green to work with I use the 52, I know that it will roll roughly the same as it flies. The 60 will not.

I can't wait to get my range finder, this will be a great improvement to my short game. Knowing the exact distance to the flag, and having the confidence to hit close is a game changer. This will drastically reduce your handicap.

I'm gonna be all over practicing this. I believe this is what Im missing as most as my very short chipping tends to be good. But 40-110 is rough and that is the majority of shots I take.

I tend to hit a fairly long drive from the whites on a fairly short course which puts me in wedge mode most of the day. So hoping this will do some damage

RH:

#cobraconnect19

Many will say that it's best to buy or replace your wedge sets all at once if possible...

Poppycock! You don't have to have even the same brand. You don't use them all at the same time. Of Course since I don't hit full shots and rarely range balls with my wedges, preferring to play practice rounds and use my game ball around the greens. My wedges don't wear that quickly and certainly not at the same rate.

I happened to get a deal on a new in the plastic Mizunos and that is the reason I have all new wedges for the first time in years.

Some people are more comfortable using a particular wedge and thus it will wear quicker. I know I do not use my 56 as much as my 52 and use the 60 most of all. I also use the 60 out of the bunker more and expect it will wear faster.

So get with ever you use the most. You will likely have to replace it first anyway.

I play my set PW 45* GW 50* a Ping Glide 52* and 58*.

The PW and GW are full swing only and hit once or twice a round. The 52* is every shot 115 and in and hit 15 or more times a round. The 58* is only for bunkers or big flops and hit maybe twice a round. Therefore I will have to replace the 52* way sooner than any of the other wedges.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Back to the discussion of what wedge or wedges to bag. When I was able to play everyday I had dropped down to PW, 54 & 60. I also played Iron like hybrids with 10-12 yard gaps at the top of the bag. Because of practice I felt like I could get by with less wedges.

Now, I will soon be just a weekend golfer and will not even look at a club during the week. I wanted more forgiveness in the top and bottom of the bag so I went with 4 wedges and 3 hybrids (15-20 yard gaps) 4 irons (6-9), a driver & putter. 13 clubs. It's pretty easy to take 10 yards off a hybrid swing and, seriously, we're talking 175 to 220 yards, there are a lot of other factors (wind, elevation changes, etc.) to consider there. I'm happy to reach the green from there.

Now the 14th club is the wild card.

For my course there are a couple of tee shots I need to hit and cannot go passed 245. My 3 Wood is 235. But only off the tee. Sure I have hit it 240 off the deck a couple of times, but often I could have hit my 3 hybrid (220) as far as I do my 3 Wood on a regular basis. If I had a 5 Wood I would carry that and thinking about cobbling together a 17° hybrid for long courses. But for my course I have an R9 SuperDeep set to 12° on a 3 Wood shaft. It's perfect off the tee on short par 4's and gives me the forgiveness of a driver head and the distance and forgiveness of a 3wood length shaft.

Doesn't do great off the deck but statistically if I am having to hit off the deck from over 220 I am better off hitting a 175 yard or less and using a wedge. I did hit it off the deck today into the wind and it did reach the green but it was more like a 200 yard bump and run and don't plan on it again. I was still 60' from the flag.

Besides, great wedge play makes all the rest of the game easier. If you are confident you can get it on the green with a wedge, you can just worry about keeping it in play off the tee, and just getting it close on the approach. And nothing improves putting as much as hitting a wedge close to the flag.

deleted

Mine are 46 50 54 and 58, the 46 degree being my Hogan wedge and the others Callaway. I guess my 58 serves as the “lob wedge” but I use it for a lot more than just that shot. Greens around my area are small and fast with plenty of elevation changes so the 58 gives me some extra options without having so much loft that it becomes a one trick pony.

To me there's no reason at all people shouldn't carry a higher lofted wedge in today's game. Bounce and grind options all but eliminate the “I can't hit that” argument and a touch of practice finishes it all together.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I carry a 50. 54, and 58. I can open any of them if needed.

50 is set wedge ive had for years. Full swing I can do 120-125 but its money 105-110 with 3/4.

54 is a new Vokey. Good solid fullish swing is 100. I love it more at 85-90.

58 is also a new Vokey high bounce I use greenside bunkers and heavy rough. Its an 80 yard club and Im as still learning it.

Not a big fan of a 58 around the green as its too unpredictsble for me. I prefer an 8i or up or down 1 or I open or close my 60. I fo love tby e 58 for going over bunkers where I have to get it up and down quick fue to littke green to work with.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Been playing four wedges for close to a decade now probably. Currently gaming a 60*, but I had a 64* in the bag at one point too. I use the lob wedge quite a bit. It's usually my go-to out of bunkers and comes in handy around the greens. I've started using it on full shots less and less and will opt to choke down on my 56* instead. Just depends on the situation though and how I feel about my ball striking for the day.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have a PW, GW (50), SW (54) and LW (58). The gap and sand wedge are strictly for distances between PW and LW. Gap goes 115'ish and SW is my 100 yard club. I use the lob wedge from 90 yards and in, and from the sand. I consider my lob wedge one of the most important scoring clubs in my bag. But a side note on the 60 wedge, I couldn't hit it, so I went down to the 58. Also notice that I have my wedges gapped by 4 degrees each, for proper distance control on all of them. If you have playing a 50 and 56, then you wouldn't necessarily need a lob wedge. But wedge loft is different for everyone. But 4 degrees between whatever lofts you decide on.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I have a PW, GW (50), SW (54) and LW (58). The gap and sand wedge are strictly for distances between PW and LW. Gap goes 115'ish and SW is my 100 yard club. I use the lob wedge from 90 yards and in, and from the sand. I consider my lob wedge one of the most important scoring clubs in my bag. But a side note on the 60 wedge, I couldn't hit it, so I went down to the 58. Also notice that I have my wedges gapped by 4 degrees each, for proper distance control on all of them. If you have playing a 50 and 56, then you wouldn't necessarily need a lob wedge. But wedge loft is different for everyone. But 4 degrees between whatever lofts you decide on.

Sent from my coral using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Do you have more control with the 58 than the 50 or 54? Just curious why you hit a high lofted shot all of the time?

What is the benefit of it for your game?

Archived